Three of the greatest pseudosciences

I can see you are having trouble understanding words like “replicate” and “experiment”.

Please just don’t get too disruptive.

I searched the keyword of “earthquake experiment” in Google and couldn’t find an experimental paper on earthquake caused by tectonic activity. Only the experimental paper on tectonic activity simulating earthquake, that is to say, the experiment of tectonic activity can only simulate earthquake and can’t copy earthquake. Only the experiment of gas explosion can copy earthquake. Therefore, earthquake is caused by gas explosion.

I assume you are a young person and not familiar with earth’s geology.

Do you know the size and depth of the earth’s tectonic plates? Do you think you could perform an experiment that actually can trigger a tectonic event?

Let me illustrate what a tectonic plate is and what makes them move.

What keeps the continents floating on a sea of molten rock?

Category: Earth Science Published: July 18, 2013

Under the continents is a layer of solid rock known as the upper mantle or asthenosphere. Though solid, this layer is weak and ductile enough to slowly flow under heat convection, causing the tectonic plates to move. Public Domain Image, source: Christopher S. Baird.

The continents do not float on a sea of molten rock. The continental and oceanic crusts sit on a thick layer of solid rock known as the mantle. While there is a layer of liquid rock in the earth known as the outer core, this layer is about 3000 km below earth’s surface and is separated from the surface by the thick solid mantle. The tectonic plates do not slowly drift over time because they are floating on a layer of liquid rock. They drift because they are sitting on a layer of solid rock (the upper mantle or “asthenosphere”) that is weak and ductile enough that it can flow very slowly under heat convection, somewhat like a liquid.

If there is not a giant sea of magma under the continents, where does lava come from? The molten lava that spews out of volcanoes is created locally right under the volcano rather than being released from a global sea of magma. Magma is created when pressure changes melt the rock. For instance, as two tectonic plates collide, one plate may get forced under the other plate. As it does so, the plate that is forced down (subducted) releases water into the upper mantle which lowers the pressure enough to melt the rock. Localized regions of magma form in the mantle near subduction zones. The mantle can then rise and create volcanoes. The point is that magma is created in small pockets (small relative to the size of the earth) as part of the tectonic plate movement, and does not exist as a global sea of magma just under the crust.

The confusion about the state of the upper mantle perhaps arises from the way diagrams are presented. For instance, the image above shows the mantle in a glowing orange color. This coloring can be confused to mean that this layer is hot liquid rock, like lava. In reality, the mantle is solid, and the coloring is just meant to indicate that the rock is hot and flowing slowly under heat convention.

Here is a clear answer to your question . You will see that nuclear explosions can cause tremors but are tiny compared to tectonic shifts that can cause continents to be pushed apart. No nuclear or gaseous explosions could do that . They are much too small by comparison .

I’ve always wondered: do nuclear tests affect tectonic plates and cause earthquakes or volcanic eruptions?

Published: November 7, 2017 2.26pm EST

So can an underground test cause an earthquake? The short answer is yes: a nuclear explosion can cause small earthquakes. But it is unlikely to affect the earth’s tectonic plates or cause a volcanic eruption.

Although a nuclear explosion releases a lot of energy in the immediate region, the amount of energy is small compared to other stresses on tectonic plates.

Read more: Q&A: what earthquake science can tell us about North Korea’s nuclear test

Funny that trigger some memories in me.

How is hydraulic fracturing related to earthquakes and tremors?

Wastewater disposal wells operate for longer durations and inject much more fluid than the hydraulic fracturing operations. Wastewater injection can raise pressure levels in the rock formation over much longer periods of time and over larger areas than hydraulic fracturing does. Hence, wastewater injection is much more likely to induce earthquakes than hydraulic fracturing.

Most wastewater injection wells are not associated with felt earthquakes. A combination of many factors is necessary for injection to induce felt earthquakes.

Learn more:

I remember one of the more mind-blowing geology epiphanies I’ve had (actually I think I can include geologists) is how much water circulates through the rocks under our feet.

Earthquakes and Water | SpringerLink

Earthquakes and Water - Chi-yuen Wang, Michael Manga

The present paper focuses on a less explored complexity introduced by large earthquakes that change the subsurface properties that, in turn, change subsurface flow and transport.

Earthquakes signify sudden changes in the state of the subsurface. Alterations in subsurface flow and fluid properties are thus not surprising. What is surprising is the large amplitudes of some hydrological responses and the great distances over which these responses occur. Shortly after the 2004 M9.2 Sumatra earthquake, for example, groundwater erupted from a hydrological monitory well in southern China, 3,200 km away from the epicenter (Fig. 1), and the water fountain…

I don’t think any of this makes sgroclkc’s arguments any more substantive and of course we can’t overlook a zinger like:

I’d sure like to see some documentation on that claim.

write4u, I’m just saying tread carefully before pooping waters role in subterranean geology, including earthquakes. Water does chemically change the properties of some rocks under specific circumstances, though that’s seen in volcanoes more than earthquakes, it’s still part of the equation.

Here’s an awesome little video that covers a lot of bases on the way to explaining why Mt.Paektu is a Mystery Volcano, until closely examined, now it’s no longer a mystery volcano, and merely a very unusual volcano that can teach us things we didn’t know about subterranean geology.

Deep Dive

Mount Paektu (also known as Changbai Mountain) is one of the largest volcanoes on earth and yet, for the longest time, nobody could explain where it came from or why it exists. Here we will discuss why this volcano is so unusual and how the geological mystery surrounding it could eventually be solved.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a geologist. The information in this video was presented after weeks of careful and thorough research about the topic. This video is merely meant as an illustrated introduction for basic educational purposes. Should you plan to use the information beyond that I advise you to cross-reference it by doing your own research. The sources below should provide you a good starting point.

Sources/ Further Reading: (lots of citations)

I have pointed out to the editorial department of the Encyclopedia Britannica this ridiculous mistake of violating Newton’s second law:
An example of this is seasickness: the inner ear senses changes in linear and angular acceleration as the body bobs up and down with the movement of the ship。
This view violates Newton’s second law.
Newton’s second law states that the acceleration of an object depends directly upon the net force acting upon the object, and inversely upon the mass of the object. Working out what happens to an object that has several forces acting on it, therefore, requires you to take account of both the directions and sizes of each force. Two forces might have the same sizes but, if they are pointed directly opposite one another, they will cancel to zero.

In addition, I pointed out to the editorial department of Encyclopedia Britannica a few days ago that the theory of motion sickness is a scientific scam, and I have received a reply. This scientific scam that has deceived mankind for more than 100 years is likely to be completely exposed.

Looking forward to the published, reviewed, repeatable experiments, with data

I don’t get the connection.
How does seasickness and inner ear behavior violate Newton’s 2nd Law?

This maybe somewhat removed but I’m sure motion sickness or physical balance is controlled by microtubules in the ear

You may want to check out gravitropism and the role microtubules play in that growth function.

Gravitational acceleration is not considered[quote=“citizenschallengev4, post:50, topic:7956, full:true”]

[/quote]

Gravitational acceleration is not considered

[quote=“sgroclkc, post:47, topic:7956”]
An example of this is seasickness: the inner ear senses changes in linear and angular acceleration as the body bobs up and down with the movement of the ship。

This view violates Newton’s second law.

Who says?

Did you or Brittanica make that statement? Can you provide a link?
A simple copy and paste of the Page addy will do it.

Just because someone doesn’t consider it?
You’re joking. Right?

Animals when they go around hunting and jumping and flying and aiming, they aren’t considering any of Newton’s laws either, but you can bet their bodies are following all of the Natural Laws that Newton helped define.

Sorry, the British encyclopedia’s theory about the angular velocity of motion sickness is indeed wrong, but my refutation is also incorrect. The angular velocity has nothing to do with Newton’s second law, but has something to do with the inertia of the angular velocity of the inner ear.

In other words, you’re kinda, sorta guessing.

Glad we could straighten that out.

Lets see what some people who study this have to say.

This system includes three pairs of semicircular canals and two sacs, called the saccule and the utricle. They send information about what’s going on around you to the brain.

Your brain can’t take in all those mixed signals. That’s why you end up feeling dizzy and sick.

The Role of the Ears

What Causes It?

You get motion sickness when there are conflicts among your senses. Say you’re on a ride at the fair, and it’s spinning you around and upside down. Your eyes see one thing, your muscles feel another, and your inner ears sense something else.
Your inner ears, in particular, help control your sense of balance. They are part of a network called the vestibular system.
The semicircular canals hold a fluid that moves with the turns of your head. The saccule and utricle are sensitive to gravity. They tell the brain whether you’re standing up or lying down.

That about what everyone says, I never knew there was any controversy about it.

This kind of Due to their high penetration power of low frequency noise can occur throughout solid matter that carsickness can’t be avoided either even if ears are covered with something.Only one kind of Active Noise Cancellation headphones can offset the low-frequency noise and avoid carsickness. Therefore, Active Noise Cancellation headphones are the only effective way to avoid carsickness. Because the methods of avoiding carsickness introduced by experts are all deceptive and completely ineffective. As a result, many people (mainly women) with good low-frequency hearing all over the world dare not travel or go to work by car all their lives. If everyone knows the method of Active Noise Cancellation headphones to avoid carsickness, then these people can immediately travel or go to work by car like ordinary people.

I disagree. Carsickness or seasickness are caused by the mental differential equation of sensing that your body is motionless yet is engaged in a constant motion as recorded by the vestibular system of the ear.

Vestibular , adjective

ANATOMY

1. relating to a vestibule, particularly that of the inner ear, or more generally to the sense of balance.
    Oxford dictionary

How does the inner ear control balance?

Loop-shaped canals in your inner ear contain fluid and fine, hairlike sensors that help you keep your balance. At the base of the canals are the utricle and saccule, each containing a patch of sensory hair cells. Within these cells are tiny particles (otoconia) that help monitor the position of your head in relation to gravity and linear motion, such as going up and down in an elevator or moving forward and backward in a car.

p.s. For those who are interested. The hairs inside the ears are cilia and connected to microtubules that create and transmit the sensory experience of differential motion in relation to the Earth’s gravity to the brain.

Only experiments with low-frequency noise can replicate the symptoms of carsickness. All other experiments with motion sickness can only simulate the symptoms of carsickness, and cannot replicate the symptoms of carsickness. All scientific experiments have fully proved that low-frequency noise is the only cause of carsickness.Human beings should reflect on why a pseudoscientific theory that violates the conclusions of scientific papers can be accepted by all people.

Because only the car with good sealing will produce strong low-frequency noise, people will get carsick only in the car. You won’t get carsick outside the carriage. For example, Pakistanis will not get carsick when riding on the roofs of buses. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/a-startling-sight-in-pakistan-fast-affordable-air-conditioned-buses/2015/06/09/cd735702-0df3-11e5-a0