Three of the greatest pseudosciences

The big difference Popper identifies between science and pseudo-science is a difference in attitude. While a pseudo-science is set up to look for evidence that supports its claims(For example,pseudoscience theory of tectonic earthquakes 、 pseudoscience theory of nightmare , gastric disease theory before Helicobacter pylori was found,pseudoscience theory of motion sickness

), Popper says, a science is set up to challenge its claims and look for evidence that might prove it false(For example, my nightmare theory, earthquake gas explosion theory and motion sickness theory.). In other words, pseudo-science seeks confirmations and science seeks falsifications.

There is a corresponding difference that Popper sees in the form of the claims made by sciences and pseudo-sciences: Scientific claims are falsifiable – that is, they are claims where you could set out what observable outcomes would be impossible if the claim were true – while pseudo-scientific claims fit with any imaginable set of observable outcomes. What this means is that you could do a test that shows a scientific claim to be false, but no conceivable test could show a pseudo-scientific claim to be false. Sciences are testable, pseudo-sciences are not.

Why don’t you do a little actual research on the subject of earthquakes.

Here I’ll get you started:

Transform fault

A transform fault or transform boundary , sometimes called a strike-slip boundary , is a fault along a plate boundary where the motion is predominantly horizontal.[[1]]

(Transform fault - Wikipedia) It ends abruptly where it connects to another plate boundary, either another transform, a spreading ridge, or a subduction zone.[2] A transform fault is a special case of a strike-slip fault that also forms a plate boundary.

Most such faults are found in oceanic crust, where they accommodate the lateral offset between segments of divergent boundaries, forming a zigzag pattern. This is a result of oblique seafloor spreading where the direction of motion is not perpendicular to the trend of the overall divergent boundary. A smaller number of such faults are found on land, although these are generally better-known, such as the San Andreas Fault and North Anatolian Fault.

I think it is clear that gas had nothing to do with displacement of the earth’s crust.

Another Chinese scientist, Mr. Zhao juchu, proved through mathematical calculation that earthquakes and volcanoes share the same origin. Mr. Zhao juchu, who is 93 years old this year, is still working to study earthquake problems, which really moves me.

This is the picture of Mr. Zhao juchu explaining the cause of lava earthquake through fluid mechanics.

Mr. Zhao juchu’s job is to study the gear lubricating oil of internal combustion engine. Later, he accidentally found that the physical properties of the lubricating oil flow are the same as those of the lava flow in the earth’s interior. Then he used mathematical calculation to prove that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are of the same origin. Here are some screenshots of his paper.

After I saw the news report that the whole mountain of the Wenchuan earthquake was blown up in 2008, I found that other major earthquakes also had gas explosion, and came to the conclusion that the major earthquakes were caused by the gas explosion homologous to the volcano. Later, I found that Mr. Zhao juchu’s opinions were almost the same as mine, so I wrote a letter accusing him of plagiarizing my research results. He wrote back to me and explained that he had reached these opinions decades ago. Because his theory was too abstruse, I couldn’t understand his papers on higher mathematics, so I hadn’t publicized his achievements to everyone. Recently, seeing that his conclusion is very consistent with that of Aristotle’s earthquake in ancient Greece, I feel that we should introduce Mr. Zhao juchu’s theory to people in western countries.

My earthquake theory is a scientific theory, with both repeatable experimental proof and Mr. Zhao juchu’s rigorous mathematical proof. At present, the authoritative theory of seismic plate tectonics has neither repeatable experimental proof nor any mathematical proof, which is a typical pseudoscience.

This is psuedo science. You agree with his conclusion, but you don’t understand the math. If you don’t understand it, how can you review it?

This my friend is a picture of “subduction” where one tectonic plate slides under another lifting the upper plate . This is the process that makes mountains and creates volcanic eruptions from the downward pressure on the earth’s magma and forcing it up as a volcanic eruption.

The force of subduction cannot force the magma inward, so it must go outward and that is causing the volcanic action.

Diagram of the subduction of an oceanic plate beneath a continental plate. The subduction zone, indicated by the red circle, is often where earthquakes occur.

Of course there is proof. We can measure the shift of the tectonic plates.

What is Tectonic Shift?

Earth’s land masses move toward and away from each other at an average rate of about 0.6 inch a year. That’s about the rate that human toenails grow! Some regions, such as coastal California, move quite fast in geological terms — almost two inches a year — relative to the more stable interior of the continental United States.

At the “seams” where tectonic plates come in contact, the crustal rocks may grind violently against each other, causing earthquakes and volcano eruptions. The relatively fast movement of the tectonic plates under California explains the frequent earthquakes that occur there.

It is true that the tectonic action is caused by fluid magma magma deep inside the earth but exploding gas is not responsible for that .

Where Does Natural Gas Come From?

Natural gas has existed for millions of years underneath the Earth’s core. Before civilization understood what natural gas was, it posed a mystery. The gas would seep from below the Earth’s surface and create fire when mixed with lightning strikes on the ground.

In 500 BC, Chinese civilizations created crude pipelines made from bamboo shoots to transport the gas. The gas was used as a fuel source to create drinking water, by boiling sea water to separate the salt.

[/quote]
Of course, that is also wrong. Earthquakes are caused by tectonic activity

It took similar theoretical developments and experimental/observational confirmation to arrive at all of our leading scientific theories, from genetics and DNA to the Big Bang, cosmological inflation and dark matter.
The scientific principle that gases explosions can cause earthquakes is confirmed, it is immediately widely used in wars to make bombs, exploits minerals from underground explosions, and prospect for petroleum by seismic waves generated by underground explosions, and so on. However, the authoritative scientific principle that earthquakes are caused by tectonic activity has been put forward for decades, it has not been used in practice and has not been confirmed by repeatable experiments so far. So this theory is not even qualified for scientific hypothesis, and it is only called pseudoscience or primitive myth.

I don’t follow this logic. You use “so”, but the sentence following it doesn’t follow logically from the one before.

Sorry, I don’t understand English grammar. My reply is basically translated by computer.

When deriving the mathematical formula of internal combustion engine lubricating oil, Mr. Zhao juchu, a Chinese scientist, accidentally found that the lava in the earth, like lubricating oil, will also produce a cavity with high-pressure gas. Therefore, he came to the opinion of earthquake caused by the explosion of high-pressure gas in the underground cavity like Aristotle, but Aristotle’s opinion has no rigorous mathematical proof.However, Aristotle’s seismic theory is still the scientific theory closest to the truth, but now Aristotle’s scientific seismic theory has been overthrown by pseudo scientific seismic theory.

And does Zhao juchu have proof if this or is that just a hypothesis at this stage.

Yes, he has published more than 100 scientific papers with a total of millions of words. It is proved that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are homologous from many aspects, such as the huge underground cavity will lead to the reduction of the gravity field at the epicenter, the uplift of the crust, the abnormal rise of the ground temperature at the epicenter and so on. He only understands Russian, not English at all, and I basically don’t understand English. I just post on the English website through translation software. Therefore, I can only use translation software to simply publish his main opinions on the English website.

Any formal papers published in English? Links?

I am not saying that it is false, but it certainly is not the main cause of earthquakes. Tectonic dynamics have been measured and proven over many years.

If this is proven science , why do you call it pseudo-science?

Publishing words is very, very different than passing peer-reviewed. Experiments are also required to back up the theory. Data is the key, not words.

Here, you claim that the tectonic activity theory has not been confirmed by repeatable experiments. You seem to understand this requirement, but you don’t apply it to the theory you like. Also, I’m pretty sure tectonic activity has had repeated experiments done for it.

Tectonic activity violates the principle of earthquake caused by gas explosion, which has been confirmed by experiments. Therefore, it is impossible for the experiment of tectonic activity to replicate earthquakes.You can’t find a paper that experimentally proves that tectonic activity causes earthquakes.

And tell me about those experiments that prove earthquakes cannot be caused by tectonic activity. Better still produce a link . Else your post belongs in the scientific woo bin.

Seismic point-source models

Charles J. Ammon, … Terry C. Wallace, in Foundations of Modern Global Seismology (Second Edition), 2021

16.1 An ideal explosion

We first consider an ideal representation of underground explosions. Explosions are a common source of seismic waves and span a range of sizes. Small explosions are used for mining, quarrying, road excavating, and other construction applications, as well as in natural resource exploration and active-source seismic lithospheric study. Large explosions include underground nuclear tests, which produce waves strong enough to be observed on the opposite side of the Earth. Natural explosive or implosive sources are rare, but some may occur as a result of metastable mineralogical phase transitions or magmatic processes. The most general and ideal character that we associate with explosions is spherical symmetry – this is an approximation, but a useful place to start.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/underground-explosions

You see, a subterranian explosion, such as a nuclear explosion can register on the Richter scale but a tectonic shift may be a thousand times more powerful.

An earthquake is the sudden movement of Earth’s crust. Earthquakes occur along fault lines, cracks in Earth’s crust where tectonic plates meet. They occur where plates are subducting, spreading, slipping, or colliding. As the plates grind together, they get stuck and pressure builds up. Finally, the pressure between the plates is so great that they break loose. Depending on how much pressure has built up, the ground may tremble slightly or shake forcefully.

Scientists describe the intensity of an earthquake using the Richter Scale. It measures earthquakes on a scale of 1 to 10. People barely feel a magnitude 3 earthquake, and windows might rattle at magnitude 4. A magnitude 6 earthquake is considered major, causing houses to move and chimneys to fall. The largest earthquake on record had a magnitude of 9.5.

These seismic phenomena you mentioned can be copied by gas explosion experiments in the laboratory, but no experiment of tectonic activity can copy these seismic phenomena.