The de-Westernization of the world

No one denies that mistakes were made.
But the US is not a terrorist country.
Moreover, using the term “terrorist” in reference to a country is a misnomer to begin with. There are state sponsors of terrorism, such as (see below).

Where has the US expanded its territory? Interestingly, several US protectorates have applied for statehood in the USA. When was the last country applying for membership into the USSR or China?

State Sponsors of Terrorism

BUREAU OF COUNTERTERRORISM

Designation under the above-referenced authorities also implicates other sanctions laws that penalize persons and countries engaging in certain trade with state sponsors. Currently there are four countries designated under these authorities: Cuba, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea), Iran, and Syria.

Country Designation Date
Cuba January 12, 2021
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) November 20, 2017
Iran January 19, 1984
Syria December 29, 1979

For more details about State Sponsors of Terrorism, see “Overview of State Sponsored Terrorism” in Country Reports on Terrorism.

I’m not surprised you have already forgotten the wars we fought in the countries I listed.

Here is a short version of events: we tried to establish liberal democracies in each one and it was a complete failure. Now things are worse in those countries.

Well, to do that, we need start in the U.S. by eliminating the Klan, Skinheads, White Xian Nationalists, etc.

I didn’t forget. You left a lot of what unresponded to. Like, who is “we”? When did I get to vote for these wars? How could I have even commented on covert opetations? The story I told of Iran, and “we” have done similar more than once, was a story of destroying a democracy. Your “short” version is more like your memory, your version, not necessarily what happened.

You are confusing the Iraq war of 2003-2011 with the Gulf war of 1991. The Gulf war had some economic justification, but the Iraq war was completely unnecessary.

This war was entirely justified in order to apprehend Bin Laden, but we handled it badly after some early successes.

The Benghazi attacks were carried out by an Islamist terrorist group which was ironically anti-Gadaffi. America had wanted to get rid of Gadaffi for decades, and the civil war in Libya provided enough chaos for us to take advantage of.

Ridiculous article. Americans got involved in this war only because the Assad family has long been considered a big threat to our ally Israel. The claim that we have to maintain an unwelcome military presence on foreign soil in a volatile region where conditions often escalate out of our control is the perfect example of everything wrong with US foreign policy in the Middle East.

“We” means America in general.

As for Iran, it is an entirely different situation from the other countries I listed. We never invaded Iran and we never tried to nation build there. They were a client state of ours until they replaced their leaders with new leaders who didn’t want to be involved with us.

Thatoneguy - do you know the events that gave rise to Gulf war 1?

1 Like

The CIA etc etc …

1 Like

Not really. Just the basic invasion story.

What mistakes were made??

[quote=“metalhead, post:50, topic:10241”]
What mistakes were made??
[/quote].

Now it’s your turn to do the research. Don’t forget to show links to reliable sites.

1 Like

What a useless and disengaging response

I am merely using your debate tactic.
You are the one trying to indict the US and place it on par with expansionist countries like Russia and China, or the Islamist State sponsors of International terrorism.
I am not going to support your attempts to discredit the US which has always been a welcoming host to people fleeing the strife in their countries and wanting to live a decent life under democratic governance.

Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance

Democratic governance and human rights are critical components of sustainable development and lasting peace. Countries with ineffective government institutions, rampant corruption, and weak rule of law have a 30-to-45 percent higher risk of civil war and a higher risk of extreme criminal violence than other developing countries.
Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance | What We Do | U.S. Agency for International Development

1 Like

Clearly there is no point talking to you when you cant explain the words you choose to use

Oh , I can explain them , but they are wasted on you. I have indulged your unfounded accusations of US wrongdoings long enough.

Have a good life. Might see you on the other side. Probably not

What other side?
On my side there is only one reality, no imagined alternative truths that you like to indulge in.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by the CIA or even why the CIA. I know what the CIA is, but I don’t see how they fit into terrorism like the groups I listed.

I hate being in a position of defending the CIA, so I rarely, rarely do. I wouldn’t ever defend their entire history or their every action. The Kermit Roosevelt story is the beginning of the USA becoming a state with covert military operations that include funding coups and sometimes murder. So, yeah, some people call them a terrorist organization. Noam Chomsky calls it state-sponsored terrorism.

That’s kind of what I was trying to flesh out. There is no “America in general”. You can say that as a taxpayer, I fund people who go to homes around the world and kill people in the middle of the night. I fund shooting missiles across borders that have a chance of hitting a hospital with children in it.

But if you say that, then you have to also say that a person who hates gays and doesn’t understand gender is funding liberal schools that teach tolerance of those things. If there is a “we”, then we work together to change the laws that our ignorant ancestors wrote. There is a “we”, but we aren’t all of one mind, we disagree, but we start with an agreement to live together and follow the same rules.

1 Like