What the world thinks about our infatuation with Donald Trump

Nice, huh?
Subject: What the world thinks about our infatuation with Donald Trump - The Washington Post
When the press in South Africa (!!) and Thailand (!!!) sounds sane compared to US media coverage, you know America has lost it.

This is a sad comment on the American people. Trump panders to the part of America that thinks there is a simple answer to everything and all we need is some loud mouth “I don’t give a crap what anyone else thinks” leader to build a wall across our southern border and increased tariffs on foreign products to “make America great again”.
He appeals to the simple minded and unfortunately we have a lot of them.

This is a sad comment on the American people. Trump panders to the part of America that thinks there is a simple answer to everything and all we need is some loud mouth "I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks" leader to build a wall across our southern border and increased tariffs on foreign products to "make America great again". He appeals to the simple minded and unfortunately we have a lot of them.
Yes, and most of them are drawn to the Republican Party. It explains the Trump phenomenon to a T. There is no mystery. Lois

You don’t hire a bank robber to control and run your bank. You don’t hire a baker to fix your car. You hire someone that fits the job that has to be done. And Trump is a poor choice for the job of running this country. And I disagree completely on some of his political views. And I think he is totally wrong and misinformed on several big issues. But unless someone else runs, Trump is the best person in the interest of this country to get the country back on track of all the candidates so far.
I would guess that China stopped its expansion in the ocean today, because they want to wait and see if Trump will win. He would be the only leader they would fear that would stop them from stealing land and resources in the South China seas.
So, I don’t care what the rest of the world thinks about Trump. I learned a long time ago. When doing a task or project, and everyone is complaining about how it is being done. Not to worry about the bitching, just do the job right and those same people will be happy in the end and want you back.

This is a sad comment on the American people. Trump panders to the part of America that thinks there is a simple answer to everything and all we need is some loud mouth "I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks" leader to build a wall across our southern border and increased tariffs on foreign products to "make America great again". He appeals to the simple minded and unfortunately we have a lot of them.
When dealing with the public, you got to keep it simple. So I would not worry about the Mexican Wall. Most campaign promises and platforms are hot air. And we all know that. We have the ability to stop illegal immigration at any time almost overnight if we wanted to. We have never really want to, is the problem with illegal immigration. I read where Trump’s companies applied for over 1,000 visas last year. So I would have to bet he is a lot more than simple minded on the subject. And yes the tariff system needs to be reworked. We just cannot open our boarders up for trade. One year I saw the apple orchards around Caldwell, Idaho being plowed down because of open trade. China started selling frozen apple concentrate to the US market for five cents a pound. Killed our production. Now look at the price of apple juice today. And look who controls it. Sometimes when you destroy things, you never get them back. If you want to see night time war games. Just go to San Diego board fence. Helicopters, Humvees search lights, red and blue flashing lights. It is quite something to see. I was at the San Ysidro beach and a couple of girls ask me if I knew where the border patrol bus was. They had come up to party and were too tired to walk back to Tijuana. Stopped for coffee and there were border patrol guys there from the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossing. The crossings are only a few miles from each other. They were comparing how many people they had picked up the night before. Both were over 2,500 and this was some years back. Fences don’t stop people. What bothered me more than the border crossing was the high school in Chula Vista, right next to Otay Mesa. The student parking lot was full of cars, all with Mexico plates. The music and messages over the schools intercom were all in Spanish. Point being, the rest of the world doesn’t have a grip on what our problems are. It would be very hard to explain to them why we need a guy like Trump.
What bothered me more than the border crossing was the high school in Chula Vista, right next to Otay Mesa. The student parking lot was full of cars, all with Mexico plates. The music and messages over the schools intercom were all in Spanish. Point being, the rest of the world doesn’t have a grip on what our problems are. It would be very hard to explain to them why we need a guy like Trump.
What exactly is your problem here?

Good question. It is like the sanctuary cities that are in the news. The federal government is blaming San Francisco for not jailing and retaining illegals. But when you look at the problem it is a lot of big cities that are not retaining illegals. The one thing they all have in common is a lot of illegals. The reason for the problem is the federal government will not pay for the total costs of retaining the illegals. And it is the federal responsibility to control immigration, not the cities.
Same problem with the high school. The tax payers of Chula Vista and State of California are paying for the education of foreign nationals with very little reimbursement from the federal government. When Spanish becomes the main language of a high school because of foreign nationals the American student that only speaks english is at a disadvantage for a good education.

Who GAF what the media of geopolitically irrelevant countries thinks.

Good question. It is like the sanctuary cities that are in the news. The federal government is blaming San Francisco for not jailing and retaining illegals. But when you look at the problem it is a lot of big cities that are not retaining illegals. The one thing they all have in common is a lot of illegals. The reason for the problem is the federal government will not pay for the total costs of retaining the illegals. And it is the federal responsibility to control immigration, not the cities. Same problem with the high school. The tax payers of Chula Vista and State of California are paying for the education of foreign nationals with very little reimbursement from the federal government. When Spanish becomes the main language of a high school because of foreign nationals the American student that only speaks english is at a disadvantage for a good education.
So you're racist to boot, that's great.
Good question. It is like the sanctuary cities that are in the news. The federal government is blaming San Francisco for not jailing and retaining illegals. But when you look at the problem it is a lot of big cities that are not retaining illegals. The one thing they all have in common is a lot of illegals. The reason for the problem is the federal government will not pay for the total costs of retaining the illegals. And it is the federal responsibility to control immigration, not the cities. Same problem with the high school. The tax payers of Chula Vista and State of California are paying for the education of foreign nationals with very little reimbursement from the federal government. When Spanish becomes the main language of a high school because of foreign nationals the American student that only speaks english is at a disadvantage for a good education.
So you're racist to boot, that's great. If it is possible, please explain your irrational thinking. And you better explain your definition of racist. Because if you think that people who live in a poorly classed suburb city should be forced to pay for the education of people from another country or be called racist, your nuts. Or if you think that a kid going to a school in the United States and English is not the first language because of foreigners coming to the school from another country prefers their native language, and you call that racist, again your nuts. If you think that you should be able to tell people how to spend their money and what they have to pay for, then your just part of the problem. Since you want to get into this, let’s peel another layer off the subject. These things don’t evolve and just happen overnight. For decades Mexican Nationals have been coming to San Diego from Baja California to have their babies. In some San Diego area hospital over 60% of all the babies born are from Mexico. And paid for by the San Diego tax payers. This makes the babies U.S. citizens. Again a federal issue. The kids are also Mexican Nationals. But because they are U.S. citizens by birth the schools have to allow them into the schools in the United States. They don’t come to the schools until they get their driver’s license. The schools are required to teach in the language the kids understand. The Los Angeles school district for example has 161,484 students that don’t speak English. There are 92 languages other than English spoken in the Los Angeles schools. Since, the local people can’t make federal policy, then they should not have to pay for the extra cost of the federal policies. The costs should be picked up by the federal government. That’s the facts, and don’t try and muddy the facts with racist talk. That is just misdirection on your part.
So you're racist to boot, that's great. If it is possible, please explain your irrational thinking. And you better explain your definition of racist. Because if you think that people who live in a poorly classed suburb city should be forced to pay for the education of people from another country or be called racist, your nuts. Or if you think that a kid going to a school in the United States and English is not the first language because of foreigners coming to the school from another country prefers their native language, and you call that racist, again your nuts. If you think that you should be able to tell people how to spend their money and what they have to pay for, then your just part of the problem. Since you want to get into this, let’s peel another layer off the subject. These things don’t evolve and just happen overnight. For decades Mexican Nationals have been coming to San Diego from Baja California to have their babies. In some San Diego area hospital over 60% of all the babies born are from Mexico. And paid for by the San Diego tax payers. This makes the babies U.S. citizens. Again a federal issue. The kids are also Mexican Nationals. But because they are U.S. citizens by birth the schools have to allow them into the schools in the United States. They don’t come to the schools until they get their driver’s license. The schools are required to teach in the language the kids understand. The Los Angeles school district for example has 161,484 students that don’t speak English. There are 92 languages other than English spoken in the Los Angeles schools. Since, the local people can’t make federal policy, then they should not have to pay for the extra cost of the federal policies. The costs should be picked up by the federal government. That’s the facts, and don’t try and muddy the facts with racist talk. That is just misdirection on your part. Saying you care about English speaking people over Spanish speaking, that's racist. Making up statistics like 60% of all babies born are from Mexico, racist. Why should I even be talking to someone who says "been coming to have their babies"? People come here from other countries to work. Aren't you an immigrant?
You don’t hire a bank robber to control and run your bank. You don’t hire a baker to fix your car. You hire someone that fits the job that has to be done. And Trump is a poor choice for the job of running this country. And I disagree completely on some of his political views. And I think he is totally wrong and misinformed on several big issues. But unless someone else runs, Trump is the best person in the interest of this country to get the country back on track of all the candidates so far. He's also the best candidate to derail the country and send it into a ditch. I would guess that China stopped its expansion in the ocean today, because they want to wait and see if Trump will win. He would be the only leader they would fear that would stop them from stealing land and resources in the South China seas. I guarantee you China does not fear Trump. If anything, they would be overjoyed if he were to win. Then they can make their moves. They know a moron when they see one. So, I don’t care what the rest of the world thinks about Trump. I learned a long time ago. When doing a task or project, and everyone is complaining about how it is being done. Not to worry about the bitching, just do the job right and those same people will be happy in the end and want you back.
Recipe for disaster.
So you're racist to boot, that's great. If it is possible, please explain your irrational thinking. And you better explain your definition of racist. Because if you think that people who live in a poorly classed suburb city should be forced to pay for the education of people from another country or be called racist, your nuts. Or if you think that a kid going to a school in the United States and English is not the first language because of foreigners coming to the school from another country prefers their native language, and you call that racist, again your nuts. If you think that you should be able to tell people how to spend their money and what they have to pay for, then your just part of the problem. Since you want to get into this, let’s peel another layer off the subject. These things don’t evolve and just happen overnight. For decades Mexican Nationals have been coming to San Diego from Baja California to have their babies. In some San Diego area hospital over 60% of all the babies born are from Mexico. And paid for by the San Diego tax payers. This makes the babies U.S. citizens. Again a federal issue. The kids are also Mexican Nationals. But because they are U.S. citizens by birth the schools have to allow them into the schools in the United States. They don’t come to the schools until they get their driver’s license. The schools are required to teach in the language the kids understand. The Los Angeles school district for example has 161,484 students that don’t speak English. There are 92 languages other than English spoken in the Los Angeles schools. Since, the local people can’t make federal policy, then they should not have to pay for the extra cost of the federal policies. The costs should be picked up by the federal government. That’s the facts, and don’t try and muddy the facts with racist talk. That is just misdirection on your part. Saying you care about English speaking people over Spanish speaking, that's racist. Making up statistics like 60% of all babies born are from Mexico, racist. Why should I even be talking to someone who says "been coming to have their babies"? People come here from other countries to work. Aren't you an immigrant? (Personally, I think that just about everyone is racist. It's just a matter of how much or how little, each of us has rummaging around inside of us, or in some cases, bursting out.) I have no reason to think that Mike is any more racist than ANY typical American. (And it may well be that he is less so.) But just, hypothetically speaking, if he were one of the most racist, white supremacist, card-carrying KKK, Nazi wannabes, around... would that negate the existence of some of the problems that he brings up?
(Personally, I think that just about everyone is racist. It's just a matter of how much or how little, each of us has rummaging around inside of us, or in some cases, bursting out.) I have no reason to think that Mike is any more racist than ANY typical American. (And it may well be that he is less so.) But just, hypothetically speaking, if he were one of the most racist, white supremacist, card-carrying KKK, Nazi wannabes, around... would that negate the existence of some of the problems that he brings up?
I guess your point is that whatever Mike thinks, that doesn't change the circumstances. But I label him as racist because I don't see people coming to this country to work and improve themselves is a problem. If anything they are an asset. They don't "come here to have babies" so they can take from us, that's a racist statement if I ever heard one.
You don’t hire a bank robber to control and run your bank. You don’t hire a baker to fix your car. You hire someone that fits the job that has to be done. And Trump is a poor choice for the job of running this country. And I disagree completely on some of his political views. And I think he is totally wrong and misinformed on several big issues. But unless someone else runs, Trump is the best person in the interest of this country to get the country back on track of all the candidates so far. He's also the best candidate to derail the country and send it into a ditch. I would guess that China stopped its expansion in the ocean today, because they want to wait and see if Trump will win. He would be the only leader they would fear that would stop them from stealing land and resources in the South China seas. I guarantee you China does not fear Trump. If anything, they would be overjoyed if he were to win. Then they can make their moves. They know a moron when they see one. So, I don’t care what the rest of the world thinks about Trump. I learned a long time ago. When doing a task or project, and everyone is complaining about how it is being done. Not to worry about the bitching, just do the job right and those same people will be happy in the end and want you back.
Recipe for disaster. Yea, but Trump at least has balls to tackle the real major issues that no other politician will touch. Maybe not as big of balls as Hillary’s, she legally steals and lies better than all the other politicians, then tells us what a good job she is doing and we should make her president.
Saying you care about English speaking people over Spanish speaking, that's racist. Making up statistics like 60% of all babies born are from Mexico, racist. Why should I even be talking to someone who says "been coming to have their babies"? People come here from other countries to work. Aren't you an immigrant?
Saying you care about English speaking people over Spanish speaking, that's racist. I am talking education here, please stay on the subject. I said students in the Chula Vista high school were not getting the education his parents are being taxed for because of the Spanish speaking kids coming from Mexico. You entirely miss the point. Yes, I do care about Americans over foreigners. That is not being racist. That is being patriotic. Making up statistics like 60% of all babies born are from Mexico, racist. You better do your research. One hospital said that almost all if its emergency room babies were from Mexico. In 2013 alone there were more than 300 Mexican babies born in San Diego with AIDS alone. This is a real big issue in boarder towns. People come here from other countries to work. That is true for the bulk of the people. But if you been watching the news this last year. There was a major problem with children coming here to get citizenship. They were not coming here to work. They were given attorneys, medical and other benefits by our government. We have no end to the money supply for these type of issues. But let's cut Soc. Sec. because there is no money or to reimburse the states for the costs of these actions.
(Personally, I think that just about everyone is racist. It's just a matter of how much or how little, each of us has rummaging around inside of us, or in some cases, bursting out.) I have no reason to think that Mike is any more racist than ANY typical American. (And it may well be that he is less so.) But just, hypothetically speaking, if he were one of the most racist, white supremacist, card-carrying KKK, Nazi wannabes, around... would that negate the existence of some of the problems that he brings up?
I guess your point is that whatever Mike thinks, that doesn't change the circumstances. But I label him as racist because I don't see people coming to this country to work and improve themselves is a problem. If anything they are an asset. They don't "come here to have babies" so they can take from us, that's a racist statement if I ever heard one. Putting charges of racism aside, and putting aside the intentions of illegal immigrants (since we can only assume intentions), illegal immigrants don’t typically make a lot of money. When there are children involved that need services, it is simply a fact that they sometimes need services that cost taxpayer money. e.g., I worked in a public agency for early childhood intervention for a few years, (and this was in Texas). We provided free services for families whose income was below a certain level. It was not unusual for me to have clients that were illegal aliens. We didn’t ask, as we weren’t required to, and obviously, we wanted to help young children who needed help. When no adult in the family or friend of the family could act as an interpreter, we would have to arrange for one. This in itself, of course, was extra cost. But the interpreting, itself, essentially doubled the time needed to provide the services.
I guess your point is that whatever Mike thinks, that doesn't change the circumstances. But I label him as racist because I don't see people coming to this country to work and improve themselves is a problem. If anything they are an asset. They don't "come here to have babies" so they can take from us, that's a racist statement if I ever heard one. I disagree. That is a problem in the border towns. It has been a problem in San Diego for decades. I would do the same thing if I was a Mexican and lived in TJ. Take my wife to San Diego for the kids to be born in America. Then I and my wife would move up the ladder for citizenship. Plus if my child ever got hurt they could draw Medicare the rest of their lives. Then when they get old they would get Social Security. I would be nuts not to have my kids born in America as an American citizen. Now other states without border towns with Mexico don’t have this problem. And there are federal and state programs setup to help with the medical problems. It cost ten dollar per doctor visit no matter what the problem is. But these services seem to be in agriculture areas. And most of the kids go to schools at the labor towns set up by the state, not the public schools. The government has the work visa program to bring workers into the United States. But the government has over regulated the visa program to the point very few farmers will use the system. It is used mostly in the hotel and restaurant industries. I used about 2,500 illegals in a business I had years ago, and I would compare the problems I was having with some pickers in Florida who use 8,000 illegals in the orange industry. And Lausten right about workers coming here to work. But only if they are from third world type of environments. The Basque from Spain were the exception. But like the guys from Florida I had no luck with workers from places like Mexico City. About half the workers I worked with were from El Salvador, Nicaragua and Peru.
... Yea, but Trump at least has balls to tackle the real major issues that no other politician will touch. Maybe not as big of balls as Hillary’s, she legally steals and lies better than all the other politicians, then tells us what a good job she is doing and we should make her president.
For sure, Trump has no traditional political filter. I can see how many people view that characteristic with admiration. But to say that he is tackling "the real major issues"... is a HUGE stretch. Him suggesting that he will solve illegal immigration problems by building a great Great Wall (that's what he said a "great Great Wall") and then have Mexico pay for it. I wouldn't call that tackling a real issue. I would call it "spouting off a bullshit sound-bite". He says he will solve all sorts of international issues, simply by being a GREAT negotiator (especially in comparison to everyone else who he says are TERRIBLE negotiators). Again, that's not "tackling a real major issue", it's spouting off an easy bullshit answer that is attractive to persons who want to hear easy simple fixes to complex problems. He, conveniently, can afford to deride other politicians for their reliance on donor money, when, ironically much of his own wealth, that can keep him in the race is a product of him, historically, consistently donating to other politicians. Hillary has a reputation for being sneakier and more manipulative than other politicians. I would say that the reputation is more due to her being constantly, and persistently, and relentlessly, accused by her opponents of being so. But even if the reputation were true I would suggest that it makes her more, rather than less, qualified to be POTUS, because I believe her heart is in the right place on most of the "real major issues". Who knows where Trump's heart is? He has changed his stance on healthcare, for instance - 180 degrees since 2000. He was pro-choice. He is now pro-life. Who knows what his real ideology is, or if he even has one, other than - do and say what works best for Trump, at any given moment. He is now spouting off many of the same deceptive Republican bullshit that they all do. "Obama is a dummy." "Hillary is a criminal." "The Iran Nuke deal is a disaster." For Jeebus sake! Trump was one of the original most relentless of the "Birthers". And he still won't admit that he was wrong in claiming that Obama is not a citizen of the US!
I guess your point is that whatever Mike thinks, that doesn't change the circumstances. But I label him as racist because I don't see people coming to this country to work and improve themselves is a problem. If anything they are an asset. They don't "come here to have babies" so they can take from us, that's a racist statement if I ever heard one. Putting charges of racism aside, and putting aside the intentions of illegal immigrants (since we can only assume intentions), illegal immigrants don’t typically make a lot of money. When there are children involved that need services, it is simply a fact that they sometimes need services that cost taxpayer money. e.g., I worked in a public agency for early childhood intervention for a few years, (and this was in Texas). We provided free services for families whose income was below a certain level. It was not unusual for me to have clients that were illegal aliens. We didn’t ask, as we weren’t required to, and obviously, we wanted to help young children who needed help. When no adult in the family or friend of the family could act as an interpreter, we would have to arrange for one. This in itself, of course, was extra cost. But the interpreting, itself, essentially doubled the time needed to provide the services. Taking care of illegals is a whole industry for the Catholic Church in the farming areas of the country. The Church helps with all kinds of matters from buying a car, doing taxes and dealing with state and federal programs like you were talking about. All the illegals I worked with were well paid. I don’t remember anyone making minimum wage. Starting wage was about 12 plus housing. Sometimes room and board. If you were a boss, matriarch or patriarch 50K or more was paid.