Retired fighter pilot Amy McGrath takes on Mitch McConnell.

May she be successful. Her ad is worth waiting for.

Her title as a retired fighter pilot will undoubtedly intrigue voters, but she’s a moderate. If you’re running as a Dem and do not support Medicare-for-all or federal legalization of marijuana, then I don’t think you’ll do well running as “better than the other guy”. McConnell is the worst but so was Trump, and despite Clinton’s recognition she still got her ass handed to her. In my opinion, populism whether left or right is what America is looking for. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Populism is not something you look for. You don’t seem to understand the word.

Ziggy - “McConnell is the worst but so was Trump”. Only in the eyes of the people who thought they were part of the upper caste.

What I see is nothing more than basic political process that has been going on for decades. Tell me why you would want an F-18 pilot for president? That’s a fly-by-wire plane. Who we need in office is not the guys who have learned to follow directions but the people who can establish the directions. We want the Project Director of the F-18 program. The person who knows how to put things together and get things done. So, is that person McConnell or McGrath? Right now, it is McConnell. American’s like me, will vote for the best guy. Not the best Party. And in states like Kentucky you had the same thing going on as Democrats were voting for Trump.

McGrath’s campaign message may be positive to a lot of people. But not to me. First woman to fly an F-18 in battle. Great, put her in office and maybe she can be the first to have your children fighting in war battles too. I still like the idea that America men protecting the women and children. Just a human factor. Right now, people are starting to feel more like a carbon footprint than a human. They are not even sure what sex they are or how many sexes there is. We need the beauty pageants and gender factors.

That said, I don’t see where she as any proven ability to be in the Senate. The bar for congress has never been lower than it is today.

Mike Yohe: That said, I don’t see where she as any proven ability to be in the Senate. The bar for congress has never been lower than it is today.

it’s not s low as it was for president in 2016, which was rock bottom. No governmental experience whatsoever. A draft dodger. A known womanizer. A known liar. A known scammer. An adulterer. Arrogant. Rude. Insulting. Abysmal social skills. Perfect qualifications.

I don’t know one elected senator who has such an abhorrent record.

We are seeing the results of a president with abysmal qualifications and a shameful personal record. (It would be shameful to a normal person).

LoisL,

I’m sorry to hear you don’t know of your President’s accomplishments. You need to get out more because the lists of his accomplishments l could post, but list is so long that it would take several postings. And I realize that you must have heard of many of the items that has turned the country around. And I am surprised that I am responding to someone who shows so much disrespect for the President as you do.

Arrogant. Rude. Insulting. You forgot P___ grabbing. All the things that you look at in picking out your choice for president. You are just trying to build your caste. That is so sad. The fact that he is a transparent, hard hitting back progressive is what you should be looking at.

It is noticeable how your labels you used on Trump when he was running for office has changed. Trump is stable. You are the one that is unstable.

The American system was built on the best progressives in the world. There is nothing you can say about President Trump that could place him as being more unmoral than President Thomas Jefferson. Or even the real Jesus as far as one could speculate. All the best progressives in history who have built the system that you are trying to destroy were not and did not live the life of a pope but did change the world.

On Jul 24, 2019, at 10:18 AM, CFI Forum <noreply@centerforinquiry.org> wrote:

MikeYohe wrote:

I’m sorry to hear you don’t know of your President’s accomplishments. You need to get out more because the lists of his accomplishments l could post, but list is so long that it would take several postings. And I realize that you must have heard of many of the items that has turned the country around. And I am surprised that I am responding to someone who shows so much disrespect for the President as you do.
Ok, just list the top five or 10, that would hardly be a list “so long that it would take several postings.” In fact, you can just provide a short summary of his accomplishments. We don’t need every detail.

MY: Arrogant. Rude. Insulting. You forgot P___ grabbing. All the things that you look at in picking out your choice for president. You are just trying to build your caste. That is so sad. The fact that he is a transparent, hard hitting back progressive is what you should be looking at.
I don’t have to build my case. Trump has already done that in spades, multiple times. Nobody ever had to say anything against him, he does it himself every time ho opens his mouth.

MY: It is noticeable how your labels you used on Trump when he was running for office has changed. Trump is stable. You are the one that is unstable.

LL: If that’s what you call stable you are almost as stupid and dangerous as Trump, except that you habe no power. I have not changed my labels of him since he first declared his candidacy. He was an ignorant, incompetent ass then and he’s an ignorant, incompetent ass now, except now he’s far more dangerous now than he was only a candidate. Then he was just an ignorant, incompetent fool. Now he’s an ignorant, incompetent fool who has power—far too much power.

MY: The American system was built on the best progressives in the world. There is nothing you can say about President Trump that could place him as being more unmoral than President Thomas Jefferson. Or even the real Jesus as far as one could speculate. All the best progressives in history who have built the system that you are trying to destroy were not and did not live the life of a pope but did change the world.

LL: You are showing yourself to be as ignorant as Trump. You’d shut up while you’re ahead if you have a grain of sense. But I suspect you do not. You’re as much a fool as any Trump supporter.

Lois

Mike this one’s for you:

“You willingly and happily aligned yourself with what is undoubtedly one of the most sleazy men in American history, and you call him good.”

Oh and …

Explaining Why Liberals Despise Trump

Any policies ladies??

Player,

They just gave you their policies. That’s all they have.

They are really nothing more than Putin’s puppets.

I can spell out their policy for you. Higher gas prices, taxes, inflation, unemployment and homelessness. Lower quality of health care, nation-wide strikes.

A false claim of caring for the environment. In Southern California alone you got a million people living outside. When it rains all the feces is washed into the ocean and the ocean is unsafe to even swim in. Check it out if you don’t believe this is going on. And it is going on in the Democratic run areas. The only smart thing they are doing is using Trump to deceive the public from looking at their crimes on the environment and the American system.

These self-declared elites think they have the ability to call people dumb. Yet, they have managed to lose the 2020 election and move progressive programs back by years if not decades. How dumb is that?

Higher gas prices: What policy causes that?

taxes: Really? Look at any historical trend with taxes.

inflation: Again, historical trends are counter factual

unemployment and homelessness: same

Lower quality of health care: Do you even read?

nation-wide strikes: The Republican solution, disempower the unions

Higher gas prices: What policy causes that?

Over regulation

taxes: Really? Look at any historical trend with taxes.

Are you saying the Democrats are wanting to lower taxes?

inflation: Again, historical trends are counter factual

Recessionary inflation. Make more income but the standard of living still goes down.

unemployment and homelessness: same

As the unemployment is getting lower, the homelessness is going up. What factual trends are you talking about? You can’t trust the governments numbers. The number of illegals for example in America was said to be less than 3M. Now it is understood that number is somewhere from 12M to 20M. But the democrats don’t want that number known.

Lower quality of health care: Do you even read?

Are you saying that the quality of health care will get better when run by the government? Yes, I read. And government health care systems are not that great except for the programs used for the Federal and State workers. But those programs are still using the private doctors. And it took Trump to finally get the VA working.

nation-wide strikes: The Republican solution, disempower the unions

Disempower the unions. Really. Are you saying Trump is stopping the unions from being able to strike?

CC,

Nice web site, good job.

And I see you have no problems with your Elite views. The problem I see is just what Player point out. What are your policies? I have asked you for your predictions on Climate Change and for the last three years you have not been able to give one. Not that you haven’t in the past. But they did not come to be. But that did not seem to slow you up on claiming hypothesis are real science.

Your state of Colorado is one of the states that Trump thinks he has a chance to flip in 2020. Do you think that is possible? If he does, that would mean you greenies want to be led by what you call one of the sleaziest men in American history. Make your prediction.

Are you saying Trump is stopping the unions from being able to strike?
Lookup Janus vs AFSCME
You can’t trust the governments numbers.
And you think I'm going to trust you?

Lausten,

Janus vs Afscme was a landmark case. It was not about striking. It was about fair voting. Most unions are Democratic. Union leadership is mostly Democratic even if a large percentage of the members are not. The unions could have been fair and donated to the Parties by each member. But that was never the case. Even if you did not join the union. You still had to pay dues and give money to the political party that you may not like or agree with.

Now you can agree with the far-left here and say that Putin had this passed because it would help Russia if America had fair voting methods. Is that not the thinking of many here that Trump is just a Russian agent? Or maybe you could explain why Trump had fair voting laws passed.

Gov. No’s.

No, I don’t think you should trust me. I would like you to come to the second largest cities of Mexico and many Central American countries and see for yourself. That would be the Los Angeles area.

OK, I see your price index chart.

Last week stopped by Burger King for a bite. A young man was working the counter with all the tattle-tale signs of proud of first job enthusiasm. So, I ask him to recommend what he thought was the best deal on a hamburger for me. He said that he had been working there for four months now and the best deals have gone from a $4 burger to the $6-dollar burger. Which I understood as part of Obama’s stimulus program causing inflationary recession. The goal for the working man is not to get caught in what they call the recessionary gap. Did the guys wages go up to compensate for the $2 raise in burger pricing?

On the TV playing in the background the other day, I heard that the average wage for raising a family now needs to be at $28 per hour. Don’t know the source. I would not go back to work for $28/hr.

Now, take this post here. “RETIRED FIGHTER PILOT AMY MCGRATH TAKES ON MITCH MCCONNELL”. Amy is most likely making $25/hr just in retirement from the government. Living in San Diego. Needs something to do. The school system is structured for the teachers. They have substitute teachers on standby for the teachers. Teachers are a large percentage of the real state salespersons in California. As well as holding and running for political offices. Check out every election and count the teachers running for office. Strongest union in San Diego is the Teachers Union.

Next go to the help wanted section of the local paper. Historically it has only been two pages. Not the ten to twenty pages for towns of that size. Of the two pages, one page is all medical jobs. The other page is landscaping, delivery services and phone sales. It is this way because of all the retired military people who have an income and just want to stay busy. Which has always driven down the job opportunities and wages in San Diego.

Amy is a smart person who want to continue working so she won’t get caught up in the recessionary gap. And good for her. But the local political system is full of teachers, which she qualifies for. So, she is trying for the Federal system. All this is really understandable as to what and why Amy is running for office.

Side note: For several months I had nightmares about F-18 pilots. The mating jig for building the F-18 caused the vertical stabilizer to move once the fuselage was removed from the mating jig. This was causing the plane not to fly as it should and killed the first test pilots. I was sent to the Northrop facility to optically locate the stabilizer true position that would be programmed into the plane’s computer. I put together a team and we worked at night between the two shifts because we had to shut down all traffic in the facility as the tolerances were within the width of half a hair. I had been in this facility before building the tooling for the F-18 air brake and met several pilots who came to see the plane being developed. What was different about this project was there was no inspections or anyone to check my work. I was thrilled when the new re-engineered mating jig was built, and the job was done.

If I was going to create a fantasy world to live in, I would make it full of cheap hamburgers and shakes that don’t have plastic in them and I would not be lactose intolerant.

What’s your point? Gas prices are $2.78 per gallon. I have to pay over $4.00 per gallon. I live in California.

You posting was interesting. In 2008 average cost for a burger was $0.71. And in 2018 it was $2.64.

They got McDonalds at $1.00. And those dollar hamburgers are a kid’s hamburger. It would take four of those to make a real hamburger. Best hamburger – Harrison Nebraska. Go to the Post Office/bar/store/café and they cook the best hamburger you ever tasted.

Lausten, I did not understand your posting. What does plastic have to do with lactose intolerant? Are you saying cheap hamburgers and shakes have plastic in them? I stopped eating English muffins because they have the stuff flip-flop sandals are made of. I could not believe they were doing that to English muffins. I looked for muffins without the flip-flop plastic and they were really hard to find. I have not eaten a muffin in fifteen years now.