Republcan economics

Well worth reading. It’s also disturbing when you consider the possibility that we could have another Republican administration to trash the economy.

I haven’t been posting much on the forum lately partly because I have been busy of late but more importantly because I find the current political situation so depressing. A big part of this depression stems from my observation that facts and evidence such as that offered in the article you shared as something to show “your brother-in-law" will have no impact.
Rather than ponder the ramifications of things like this, the Right-Wingers I know merely scoff at “Liberal generated data" that can’t possibly be true because it does not fit into their unthinking, Fox News generated world view.
My greatest fear is that Bernie and Hillary will trip each other up and it becomes a real possibility that the next President of the United States could be Trump, Cruz or Rubio. Please give me some reason to believe that this will not come to pass!

Trump, Cruz and Rubio are popular among the right-wing extremists, who are a monitory in this country. They may get more votes than a reasonable person would expect, but not enough to win a national election.

Trump, Cruz and Rubio are popular among the right-wing extremists, who are a monitory in this country. They may get more votes than a reasonable person would expect, but not enough to win a national election.
I'm pretty sure this will remain true, given my armchair view of the polls. Tonight should be interesting. Unfortunately, until we fix the gerrymandering, the minority will continue to get a near majority in to congress. And as long as that system stays in place, the money in politics has a real threat that can be made. I've been amazed at how blatantly and openly this is mentioned. It's pretty hard to hide so I guess they might as well.
I hope you are right. Under the Bush administration I suffered wage freezes and cuts, a plant closing and relocation, loss of pension and reduction in the value of my retirement savings and ultimately layoff and unemployment. Under the Obama administration, although it was a struggle at first, I am currently working in the best job I have ever had for the highest salary I have ever had. Do I fear a Trump, Cruz or Rubio (or any one of those other Conservative bigot knuckleheads) gaining the Presidency of the United States. You are damn right I do. I’m too old to start over. Again. And again, I hope you are right. We shall see.

I hope I’m right too. The Republicans would the away our health care and social security if they could, not to mention defunding schools and social programs for the poor. They have already raided our treasury to pay off their campaign debts.

I haven’t been posting much on the forum lately partly because I have been busy of late but more importantly because I find the current political situation so depressing. A big part of this depression stems from my observation that facts and evidence such as that offered in the article you shared as something to show “your brother-in-law" will have no impact. Rather than ponder the ramifications of things like this, the Right-Wingers I know merely scoff at “Liberal generated data" that can’t possibly be true because it does not fit into their unthinking, Fox News generated world view. My greatest fear is that Bernie and Hillary will trip each other up and it becomes a real possibility that the next President of the United States could be Trump, Cruz or Rubio. Please give me some reason to believe that this will not come to pass!
Cruz would be the ideal opposition for the Democrats to win big. Rubio would be competitive. Trump is a wild card. I wouldn't have thought so until recently, but now I think your fear is warranted. So I suggest run, or close your eyes and hope for the best, or fight back.

Republican economics, an oxymoron.
Lois

I hope I'm right too. The Republicans would the away our health care and social security if they could, not to mention defunding schools and social programs for the poor. They have already raided our treasury to pay off their campaign debts.
You left out further stacking the Supreme Court.
I hope I'm right too. The Republicans would the away our health care and social security if they could, not to mention defunding schools and social programs for the poor. They have already raided our treasury to pay off their campaign debts.
You left out further stacking the Supreme Court. Doh! how could I forget Citizen's United?

So Ted Cruz wins in Iowa. Sheesh! He was one of the three Republicans (Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal being the other two) who spoke at an Evangelical anti-gay rally in Iowa. That was the rally where the “religious freedom" leader said the bible recommends death to all homosexuals (wasn’t there something in their 10 Commandments against that sort of thing?). The guy didn’t actually say that gays should be put to death immediately. What he said was that we should try to fix them first.
Anyway, Cruz said that no one should be allowed to be the President of the United States who does not get down on their knees and pray every day. If he gets in, maybe he and the Republican Congress can get that passed into law.
And then I move to Canada.

And then I move to Canada.
Our politics is minor league compared to yours. You'd be bored with it on your first day.

It seems more like a circus than to use a baseball metaphor. And the older I get, the scarier the clowns become.

... Anyway, Cruz said that no one should be allowed to be the President of the United States who does not get down on their knees and pray every day. If he gets in, maybe he and the Republican Congress can get that passed into law. And then I move to Canada.
But that's where Ted Cruz came from.

Trump still looks like the favorite to win the Republican nomination, right now. Maybe he will promise to build a wall between us and Canada, to keep the Ted Cruz’s out (and, of course, have Canada pay for it.)

But that’s where Ted Cruz came from.
Ironic, isn't it. I can still hope for one of two things: 1) Cruz actually gets the nomination which leads to not only the loss of the election but the complete ruination of what has become today's Republican Party. Or (more likely), 2) Cruz goes the way of past Iowa winners Huckabee and Santorum, and drifts off into oblivion thus allowing Trump to lose the election while still completing the ruination of what has become today's Republican Party.
But that’s where Ted Cruz came from.
Ironic, isn't it. I can still hope for one of two things: 1) Cruz actually gets the nomination which leads to not only the loss of the election but the complete ruination of what has become today's Republican Party. Or (more likely), 2) Cruz goes the way of past Iowa winners Huckabee and Santorum, and drifts off into oblivion thus allowing Trump to lose the election while still completing the ruination of what has become today's Republican Party.
Now you're talking. I think Cruz will, eventually, drift off, but he is wily and he is organized. So I expect he will be competitive for awhile. Long enough to keep pushing his opponents further to the crazy right. But then, Trump is the most likely winner. And who knows what his alpha male, art of the deal, persona can do in a general election?