Potholder takes on the man made Covid myth

Three cheers for Potholer!

Hey looks like I’m back in.

Wuhan!!!,

er Woo-hoo!!

@citizenschallengev3 Welcome back.

Thank you Mriana, nice to be back and nice having survived the drive to Charlotte, North Carolina, Interstate 20, marathon run, but that’s a different topic.

Earlier I watched another Potholer video worth adding to this thread.

Peter Hadfield - potholer54, does an awesome job of deconstructing deception, and convey how serious science is done. Been a long time fan of his.

Debunking internet myths about PCR testing. potholer54

A look at internet claims that PCR testing for SARS-Cov-2 has a high failure rate.

Interesting comment

China, the country with 1.6 bn people that had less than 6000 deaths. Essentially one (1) lockdown and all vaccinated by now.

China, the country with 1.6 bn people that had less than 6000 deaths. Essentially one (1) lockdown and all vaccinated by now.
That's interesting, but where's it come from? How reliable are those numbers? Although one must admit that an authoritarian state that takes the science seriously, is way ahead of the game than a democracy where easily a third of the people have been brain washed with utterly disconnected from reality nonsense and who are actively fighting to undermine fundamental health practices and learning in general. Not that I'm ready to move to China or Russia, just pointing out a sad fact of our self-inflicted America decline.

Our founding fathers warned us, a healthy democracy demands an informed and engaged citizenry. Where are those masses of people? Oh yeah, staring at the boob tube, hoping the next hit won’t be on their home.

Speaking of the big Covid lie, looks like QAnon crazy Veronica Wolski got what she had coming.

Did I really say that? Oh dear, yes I did and may she rot in her grave and have mongrels pissing on it. Only regret is that trump isn’t already laying in there with her. Our country will be much better off when that monster is finally dead and buried.

Notorious Anti-Mask QAnon Supporter Dies Of Covid

Oh, but rather than learning anything, her tribe is just getting more insane.

Speaking of Ivermectin, what an interesting story that turns out to be. I hadn’t realized to was that wonder drug back in the '90s. {How many remember the stories about the African river parasite that blinded thousands upon thousands of children over there?}

By 1988, ivermectin was approved as a medical treatment in humans.

This “wonder drug,” as many called it, was prescribed to treat illnesses, which include head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis, and lymphatic filariasis.

Since its discovery, ivermectin has been used by more than 700 million people in the world specifically to treat river blindness and lymphatic filariasis, according to a National Institutes of Health study.

Though in fairness to the experts it should be pointed out that COVID is not a parasitic disease.

The North Texas Poison Center recently reported they’ve received 52 poisoning calls for ivermectin this year, compared to six through August of last year. Sixteen of the 52 calls from this year have been in August.

Author: Jay Wallis (WFAA) Published: 6:44 PM CDT August 30, 2021

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

Here’s What You Need to Know about Ivermectin

• The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.
  • Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.
  • Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous.
  • If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed.
  • Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous.
  • 2 August 2021

Flawed ivermectin preprint highlights challenges of COVID drug studies

The study’s withdrawal from a preprint platform deals a blow to the anti-parasite drug’s chances as a COVID treatment, researchers say.

“I was shocked, as everyone in the scientific community probably were,” says Eduardo López-Medina, a paediatrician at the Centre for the Study of Paediatric Infections in Cali, Colombia, who was not involved with the study and who has investigated whether ivermectin can improve COVID-19 symptoms. “It was one of the first papers that led everyone to get into the idea ivermectin worked” in a clinical-trial setting, he adds.

The paper summarized the results of a clinical trial seeming to show that ivermectin can reduce COVID-19 death rates by more than 90%1 — among the largest studies of the drug’s ability to treat COVID-19 to date. But on 14 July, after internet sleuths raised concerns about plagiarism and data manipulation, the preprint server Research Square withdrew the paper because of “ethical concerns”. …

Too much stuff out there once you start looking. There’s also a curious American Journal of Therapeutics: July/August 2021 meta study - that claims something quite differentl. Would be interesting to find out more. But, lordie, lordie there are only so many hours in the day, and it’s my turn to water the greenhouses, now, and then, and then. …

I think the real problem is that people on the right have gotten so unmoored from honesty, scruples, conscience,
and so fully invested in nothing but fear of others & dealing with change, wrapped in a nasty aggressive ideology - that they can’t conceive of everyone being any different, self-service and base dishonest.

But, we are! Because some of us believe in more than just me, myself, and I.

***We need each other to keep ourselves honest! ***

And science works by doing the best with the evidence at hand and constantly refining that understanding.

This may be of interest about viruses,

You see, in theory, that’s why Christianity should win. Without loving your enemies, you lose.

Taoism or Buddhism might do better than Xianity. Most Xians do not practice loving their enemies. They decide who is an enemy based on whether or not one believes what they do. They they persecute all the rest and claim they are being persecuted. The only exception MIGHT be Episcopalians and Lutherans, but they don’t always follow what they preach either.

1 Like

You joker you! I listen to Christian hatred, I mean christian radio which has turned into the most over the top venom spewing hatred and nonsense one can imagine. So please don’t tell me lies about your Christian love.

Oh yeah that’s the other Christian conceit that’s utterly delusional: Christians are honest.

Seems you don’t know who you are as well a you imply.

1 Like

Read what I said and stop projecting self hatred and lack of self respect.

Stop talking in superiority laced riddles.

Stop not reading what I said.

They didn’t invent the idea and didn’t implement it very well either. Christianity doesn’t “win” anything. It carried along an existing meme.

New on me. That it existed before a Jewish carpenter reportedly explicitly said it. Happy to be disabused of my ignorance. But where else? It’s there in spirit in ancient Jewish everyday social conduct, true. In conflict resolution. Doing the right thing by your neighbour regardless of being alienated from them. Where else?

It’s as fundamental to civilisation as the right to defend yourself. The New Testament just references in the Old.

Doing right by your neighbour was practised long before humans even roamed the earth.
In biology, it is called symbiosis, where unrelated species complement each other’s lifestyle so they both can profit from the cooperation.

Symbiotic cooperation is not a human invention.