Potholder takes on the man made Covid myth

A very interesting link about empathy. the author explains what empathy is or is not.

[https://www.researchgate.net/publication/20920286_What_Is_Empathy_and_Can_Empathy_Be_Taught]

And i came over another idea : empathy is not a skill which can be taught, it is a state of mind which is acquired when a child benefits of it;

1 Like

Indeed, but the language of love is not used until the mythic remarkable humanist carpenter. Which bespeaks of a remarkable confluence of actual ideas from E. & S. Europe and W. & S. Asia going global.

Aye, we are a eusocial species. Nearly as kind as trees sometimes.

Right, empathy can be developed but not taught. It is a function of your mirror neural network. It allows a person to place themselves in the shoes of another person and see reality from their perspective.

It is why we fall in love, wince when we see someone hurt themselves, or become ā€œsoulmatesā€.

OTOH people with autism lack a developed mirror neural network and that is the reason why they are unable to relate to even the most commonly shared experiences.

Mirror neuron system

V. Rajmohan and E. Mohandas

Mirror neuron system is a group of specialized neurons that ā€œmirrorsā€ the actions and behaviour of others. The involvement of mirror neuron system (MNS) is implicated in neurocognitive functions (social cognition, language, empathy, theory of mind) and neuropsychiatric disorders. MNS discovery is considered to be the most important landmark in neuroscience research during the last decade.

MIRROR NEURON SYSTEM - DISCOVERY

The mirror neurons were discovered serendipitously by Giacomo Rizzolatti and colleagues while working on the grasp response of macaques. They observed that a group of neurons in the area F5 of the premotor cortex that fires when a macaque performs an action; also discharges when it observes the same action being performed by another animal.[1]

Subsequent research has elucidated the diverse regions involved in the MNS of monkeys. Recently different cortical structures have been described as part of the MNS in humansā€¦more

1 Like

Sorry. No. How could we have a world with cities and trade without love?

De facto love is inextricably in there, but the de jure statement of it is not. Cities and trade rely on power elites not known for their love.

power elites didnā€™t make people live together in peace. they did things like tell slaves to obey their masters

Power elites enforce peace, have the monopoly of violence. Iā€™m not aware of non-violent communist cities with equality of outcome as part of social evolution. Might has always made right. The myth of the noble savage, hunter gatherer is long exposed. Women do all the work and the men stand on one leg all day, leaning on spears. Nomadism, pastoralism, agriculture didnā€™t make us nicer. More loving.

Show me this language. Show me something that only Jesus came up. Something created in the 1st century ANE.

The Beatitudes. All of Matthew 5, especially 44, on to 8 even. Luke 6:20-

Happy to see the like in any older or contemporary parallelly evolved text Iā€™ve missed.

The Jewish prophets were pretty positively socially radical. Jesus was in that tradition, trajectory.

What have I missed?

Iā€™d rather not Google all of these for you. Thereā€™s a page dedicated to the sermon on the mount. How many would you need to see before you begin to doubt your conviction?

ā€œDo not return evil to your adversary; Requite with kindness the one who does evil to you, Maintain justice for your enemy.ā€
(the Akkadian ā€œCounsels of Wisdomā€, circa 2000 BC)

ā€œIn this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustible.ā€
(the Buddhist scripture ā€œDhammapadaā€)

"Return love for hatred. Otherwise, when a great hatred is reconciled, some of it will surely remain. How can this end in goodness? "
(the Taoist ā€œTā€™ai Shang Kan Ying Pā€™ienā€, circa 200 BC.)

1 Like

Thatā€™s brilliant. One will suffice and the first one alone does it in spades. Thank you.

Wow. Known for over 60 years. The others must have been known for centuries. Nobody has ever mentioned them before in any context I have known, not even radical Christian ones.

Hmm. Reading on, there is no source for the alleged Buddhist scripture.

The Taoist source is C12th. AD

This was brought up in another thread and I enjoyed the read and reread, seems to me it fits in here, food for thought

https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/19062

ā€¦ And now, I have accumulated enough evidence to add three more ā€œtricksā€ to this quiver of strategies, each of which is, similarly, not so much a fallacy of logic as a behavior designed to evade logic altogether, and instead create the appearance or feeling or impression that an argument has been made, when none has.

They are designed to avoid ever having to face any refutation of their intended position or effect, while still getting to defend that position or create that effect.

And as with the bamboozle of any Mott & Bailey or Whack-a-Mole strategy, in each of these three cases, the exact same tactic is being used whether the one using it is sincere (and merely delusional) or not (and actively seeking to disinform). ā€¦

This may be of interest to people who want to know what viruses actually are and the history of their discovery.

And since the COVID origins are back in the news, hereā€™s an update on that front.

Feb. 27, 2022 ā€“ Two preprint studies released on Saturday offer additional evidence that the coronavirus pandemic started at a market in Wuhan, China.

By analyzing data from several sources, scientists concluded that the virus came from animals and spread to humans in late 2019 at the Huanan Seafood Market. They added that no evidence supported a theory that the virus came from a laboratory in Wuhan.

The following assessment is based on information through August 2021.

Yeah, Iā€™m not totally convinced that it wasnā€™t a lab incident, but at the same time, I donā€™t discount the wet market.

1 Like

Ontario Canada Lab Releases New COVID Variant!
Thanks Joe :crazy_face:

Oh wait, it was a transmission from deer to human.

Nevermind

Yeah, it doesnā€™t help (for the prevention of spreading unbased theories) that the virus just happened to start in a city where there just happens to be a virological facility.

This article seemed fairly plausible to me, though to be honest, I havenā€™t fact-checked it yet. Iā€™m not the best at ciphering through stuff like this. And itā€™s a bit old now, from May 5, 2021.

The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandoraā€™s box at Wuhan? by Nicholas Wade

The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted lives the world over for more than a year. Its death toll will soon reach three million people. Yet the origin of pandemic remains uncertain: The political agendas of governments and scientists have generated thick clouds of obfuscation, which the mainstream press seems helpless to dispel.

In what follows I will sort through the available scientific facts, which hold many clues as to what happened, and provide readers with the evidence to make their own judgments. I will then try to assess the complex issue of blame, which starts with, but extends far beyond, the government of China.

Yipes, that was a sobering article.
Let the freakā€™n evidence take one, where it will.
Since you started with the opening paragraphs, Iā€™ll share the closing couple paragraphs.

Another reason, perhaps, is the migration of much of the media toward the left of the political spectrum. Because President Trump said the virus had escaped from a Wuhan lab, editors gave the idea little credence. They joined the virologists in regarding lab escape as a dismissible conspiracy theory. During the Trump administration, they had no trouble in rejecting the position of the intelligence services that lab escape could not be ruled out.

But when Avril Haines, President Bidenā€™s director of national intelligence, said the same thing, she too was largely ignored. This is not to argue that editors should have endorsed the lab escape scenario, merely that they should have explored the possibility fully and fairly.

People round the world who have been pretty much confined to their homes for the last year might like a better answer than their media are giving them. Perhaps one will emerge in time. After all, the more months pass without the natural emergence theory gaining a shred of supporting evidence, the less plausible it may seem.

Perhaps the international community of virologists will come to be seen as a false and self-interested guide. The common sense perception that a pandemic breaking out in Wuhan might have something to do with a Wuhan lab cooking up novel viruses of maximal danger in unsafe conditions could eventually displace the ideological insistence that whatever Trump said canā€™t be true.

And then let the reckoning begin.

Nicholas Wade | May 5, 2021

Iā€™ve read other stuff that was easy to dismiss, this article is different, internally consistent, as they say.

1 Like

The article read familiar. I think Iā€™ve read it before and itā€™s one of many that has made me convinced that the lab theory is plausible and governments and scientists are either in denial of the possibility OR they donā€™t want the world to know the truth. That said, I can see scientists from China visiting the U.S. and taking back a sample, which lead to the viral leakage out of the lab. Also possible, many countries work on germ warfare, so it could be possible that labs in China were working on such a thing and the Chinese government is attempting to cover it up, just like it is covering up the real death toll that COVID has done to their country. China is really good at trying to ā€œsave faceā€.

Iā€™m not sure it is possible to fact check this subject, because we donā€™t know the truth, even though we are told we are told the truth. That is, IF China is covering to save face, then we are being told lies, that even our own governments may believe and see it as fact. We canā€™t get to their labs to know for sure what the truth is.

On the other hand, a wet market could be loaded with disease ridden creatures. Spilling blood everywhere isnā€™t safe either, which may give support for the theory that COVID-19 is a blood disease and not just a lung disease. Although I havenā€™t read much on that theory, but if true, it explains how COVID attacks almost every, if not every major organ in the body, eventually killing the patient, especially one who isnā€™t vaccinated.

I donā€™t think we will ever know the truth. The truth may never come out and weā€™ll be left with doubts until we die. Those who come after us, might figure it out or they may just live with it, not giving the source a second thought.

1 Like

This book COVID-19 and the Global Predators: We are the Prey I think might be related. I noticed in one Amazon review that the University of North Carolina is mentioned (as it was in the article I linked above):

And to think our taxpayers money funded this and that Fauci gave money to Chinese researcher at Wuhan and to the University of North Carolina to create Covid in a lab is terrible! You must read this book and decide for yourself if it is true. All of his research are listed where he got his information.

The book synopsis sounds to me like a completely outrageous, intricate, crazy conspiracy theory. And I wonder what the motives would be. I donā€™t understand how it could benefit the government or corporations if companies are forced to shut down and for people to become unemployed. I read through some of the reviews to see if I get some clues to that but didnā€™t find anything.

As for the authorā€™s credibility? Dr. Peter Breggin has done some awesome work associated with the psych survivor movement as far as Iā€™m concerned. I know he testified in the Michelle Carter case. From what little I know about the realities of the justice system in America (where Iā€™m a citizen), judges normally would only allow credible doctors to testify in a case such as that.

Anywayā€¦ I just found out about the book yesterday and haveā€™nt read it yet. :wink: Just adding a bit of info here for anyone whoā€™s interested. :wink:

For anyone whoā€™s ā€œsuper-interestedā€, yesterday I also came across a somewhat related book by Robert Kennedy Jr called The Real Anthony Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health (Childrenā€™s Health Defense). Iā€™m not familiar with his work (only that of his father and Uncle), but itā€™s got many editorial reviews on the Amazon book page.