Everything in a nice little box

Seems like everyone has to have everything in a nice little box. Religion has God in a box for us all. Now you have thinking in a nice little box. The trouble is what happens with all that good stuff outside the box? Oh yes, assumptions. If man only had one way of thinking, he would have a narrow view. That is why we have such diversity. We help each other spot those missing pieces of the puzzle. There is always hope when we admit assumptions have no probative value and agree to change when the truth is discovered. That is the most valuable thing we can do.
My questions. What happens when you discover God? Next, what happens if He shows Himself only to you?? Still change??? Be very careful that you don’t actually look for God. You could be in trouble having to change.>>>>>>>>>>>you have all my love and kindness>>>>>>>>>>>>P.S. A being capable of creating the universe to unfold from “The word of His power” is beyond being smart and intelligent humanly. Let’s not assume man is the smartest thing in the universe just yet! - jufa

My questions. What happens when you discover God?
The first thing to do is try to find and out if it's actually your own egomaniacal Ego that you've "discovered" rather than god. Particularly, important if you think the dude is talking to you. There are other approaches to this spiritual challenge. http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/19186/
The first thing to do is try to find and out if it's actually your own egomaniacal Ego that you've "discovered" rather than god. Particularly, important if you think the dude is talking to you. There are other approaches to this spiritual challenge. http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/19186/ Where do you get this knowledge from?

Sorry jufa, you just exposed your cards. Just another run of the mill christian who hasn’t examined their own beliefs. Good luck to you.

What happens when you discover God?
You start believing things that aren't true.
Next, what happens if He shows Himself only to you?
You should seek psychiatric help to control the voices in your head.
Sorry jufa, you just exposed your cards. Just another run of the mill christian who hasn't examined their own beliefs. Good luck to you.
Aah, you forgot to tell me which cards showed my nakedness.
You start believing things that aren't true. Do you know this to be true because you discovered your God?
Next, what happens if He shows Himself only to you?
You should seek psychiatric help to control the voices in your head. Is this what the voices in your head told you to do? Did it help?

Thinking was never in a box.

You start believing things that aren't true. Do you know this to be true because you discovered your God? No. I know it is true because there is no evidence any god exists. I base my beliefs on evidence.
Next, what happens if He shows Himself only to you? You should seek psychiatric help to control the voices in your head. Is this what the voices in your head told you to do? Did it help?
Didn't need any voices in my head telling me anything. I studied the Bible, and at a friend's insistence read Carl Sagan's The Dragons of Eden. That book had the answers I had been seeking in the Bible. I've been reading and studying science and philosophy since, including college courses.
You start believing things that aren't true. Do you know this to be true because you discovered your God? No. I know it is true because there is no evidence any god exists. I base my beliefs on evidence. What evidence do you have God does not exist? Surely should you dare present it this would end the the talk about God. Patiently waiting to see this evidence.
Next, what happens if He shows Himself only to you? You should seek psychiatric help to control the voices in your head. Is this what the voices in your head told you to do? Did it help?
Didn't need any voices in my head telling me anything. I studied the Bible, and at a friend's insistence read Carl Sagan's The Dragons of Eden. That book had the answers I had been seeking in the Bible. I've been reading and studying science and philosophy since, including college courses. Atheist study the Bible also. Reading, something another man has written or interpreted, or listening to someone else speak, and passing said reading and hearing off as truth without the experience of knowing what prompted either to be projected, is pure hearsay, a lie based on relativism. It like a snowball rolling down the side of a snow covered hill, it grows with more hear say lies of interpretations, or I mean misinterpretations.
The first thing to do is try to find and out if it's actually your own egomaniacal Ego that you've "discovered" rather than god. Particularly, important if you think the dude is talking to you. There are other approaches to this spiritual challenge. http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/19186/ Where do you get this knowledge from? The Bible says seek and ye shall find. I've been spending my entire life seeking, trying to be attentive and learning best I can. I'm amazed at the wonderful things I've learned during those decades.

jufa; do you consider your questions actual questions, or are they rhetorical. That is, are you open to hearing an answer (right or wrong)?

The first thing to do is try to find and out if it's actually your own egomaniacal Ego that you've "discovered" rather than god. Particularly, important if you think the dude is talking to you. There are other approaches to this spiritual challenge. http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/19186/ Where do you get this knowledge from? The Bible says seek and ye shall find. I've been spending my entire life seeking, trying to be attentive and learning best I can. I'm amazed at the wonderful things I've learned during those decades. So did you find your God by being attentive, seeking, and reading the Bible? If so, you can tell me what happens when you discover God, and give evidence of God's existence which is acceptable by every other seeker worldwide.
jufa; do you consider your questions actual questions, or are they rhetorical. That is, are you open to hearing an answer (right or wrong)?
What I consider is irrelevant. What I want from those who have given rhetorical answers is evidence to what they are stating, and then making me know and understand exactly as they have experienced what they present. Just seeking some evidence beyond relativism. Or getting me to see things from their angle of perception, when I'm standing at this angle perception.
What I consider is irrelevant. What I want from those who have given rhetorical answers is evidence to what they are stating, and then making me know and understand exactly as they have experienced what they present. Just seeking some evidence beyond relativism. Or getting me to see things from their angle of perception, when I'm standing at this angle perception. Of course it's relevant. If you aren't interested in dialog, then I won't engage in dialog. Some people come here just to make a point, but not listen. I'm asking if you are one of those people.
What I consider is irrelevant. What I want from those who have given rhetorical answers is evidence to what they are stating, and then making me know and understand exactly as they have experienced what they present. Just seeking some evidence beyond relativism. Or getting me to see things from their angle of perception, when I'm standing at this angle perception. Of course it's relevant. If you aren't interested in dialog, then I won't engage in dialog. Some people come here just to make a point, but not listen. I'm asking if you are one of those people. If it was relevant to the topic, then right and wrong would not be an issue. But you have made right an wrong such without evidence that to one, right is wrong, and to another wrong is right. So then your off topic question, and my reply is the answer to dialogue, but you seem to have missed it. Self always create the problems for self, which is saying we are in a dialogue, but you are seeking to debate your question, and totally overlook the topic. So you pose questions before answering the question, which the etiquette of writing courtesy stated in wrong, but you are attempting to make a right of it. Yep "self always create the problems for self."

<![CDATA[

“Let’s not assume man is the smartest thing in the universe just yet!” - jufa
Hi Jufa,
Let’s back off the assumption we are relevant to the universe. Let’s talk about modern humans relevance to the Earth.

I don’t know where you get this community authority to tell others to back off, then tell them what to talk about. Your authority is not valid with me, so I will.
"Life is of a mountain who depth, width, height and length has no beginning nor end. It circumference is its center, and its center the circumferential dimensions of all minds, bodies, souls, conscious awareness and Spirit.
And assumptive conscious thought is mostly delivered to an individual who is afraid and unwilling to delve into a subject matter because of a belief there are no alternatives. Assumption has no power of its own, only images which has been perceived, of results, which do not image a clear, and precise scenario of different trails one can take without fear of being manipulated. “We see through a glass darkly.”
Assumptions does not paint an image of truth nor anything else, upon the landscape of the sentient mind, but inner subjective human feelings do. Feelings of pain and suffering which are not, but is, yet are not because they were not allow to sprout, surface and blossom in the original intent and purpose of the life of the seed. Memory, and fear of the pain and suffering attacked. “Not going to play my feelings again,” one whispers to themselves. But the trick is played when one hears the hissing words of back off]>

"Let's not assume man is the smartest thing in the universe just yet!" - jufa Hi Jufa, Let's back off the assumption we are relevant to the universe. Let's talk about modern humans relevance to the Earth.
I don't know where you get this community authority to tell others to back off, then tell them what to talk about. Your authority is not valid with me, so I will. From you maybe
{author 'AMH'} "Let's not assume man is the smartest thing in the universe just yet!" - jufa Hi Jufa, Let's back off the assumption we are relevant to the universe. Let's talk about modern humans relevance to the Earth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: . . . . . . . Oh jez, it gets better. . . . . . . . Glad you came back on that AMH
"Let’s back off the assumption we are relevant to the universe. Let’s talk about modern humans relevance to the Earth." I didn't tell you to back off. I suggested "let's or let us" back off from the universe to smartest thing on Earth. I don't think anyone in this forum is qualified to engage in discussion about man's relevance to the universe.
{author 'AMH'} "Let's not assume man is the smartest thing in the universe just yet!" - jufa Hi Jufa, Let's back off the assumption we are relevant to the universe. Let's talk about modern humans relevance to the Earth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: . . . . . . . Oh jez, it gets better. . . . . . . . Glad you came back on that AMH
"Let’s back off the assumption we are relevant to the universe. Let’s talk about modern humans relevance to the Earth." I didn't tell you to back off. I suggested "let's or let us" back off from the universe to smartest thing on Earth. I don't think anyone in this forum is qualified to engage in discussion about man's relevance to the universe.
What makes it better is when one attempts to dispute something that is not there. My words are: "the trick is played when one hears the hissing words of back off