Diversity is Natural

sree can you explain where that sense of entitled superiority come from?
Can you folks be specific and cite evidence of impropriety? Or are you being snide in the face of damning accusations against which you have no defense?

@sree

Why is an apology called for? What needs to be edited?

Because it’s friggin’ racist! And yes, I could see a human ape who happens to be white or black or any other skin colour, doing the same stupid thing. I’ll break down your racist statement. You said in Post 329895:

Would you think a white man would ever hand a loaded AK-47 to a chimp? You should take a knee to mourn the pain our white cops go through dealing with apes in our country.

1. You insinuated that white men are smarter, maybe even superior in intelligence, in the first sentence. 2. Second sentence, ape (as in porch ape) in relationship to the use of “white cops” or “white men” is a racist slur and you insinuated that too in the second sentence. Such things are a violation of the rules and this is not the first time you’ve been warned of violating the rules. Please edit the statement or you might be banned from the forum for violating the rule one too many times. This is not a threat, because I’m ready to start banning people for such violations. And for me, this is a big one and if it was out of ignorance that you phrased it as you did, then please fix it. You can call humans apes, if it’s all inclusive in the scientific sense, but don’t call one single human group apes in the traditional racist slur.

Sree, if you don’t know that you need to be careful using a word like “ape”, then you shouldn’t be talking with adults. You need to read some books, maybe find someone from a different culture and talk to them. You claim to have the resources, but you are acting as if you are just as isolated as someone in a rural area with no broadband and no library. I think you are pretending to be someone you are not, but I can’t really prove that, so it doesn’t matter. However, this needs to remain a civil forum, so you need to accept some controls.

The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɪdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids (/ˈhɒmɪnɪdz/), are a taxonomic family of primates that includes eight extant species in four genera: Pongo, the Bornean, Sumatran and Tapanuli orangutan; Gorilla, the eastern and western gorilla; Pan, the common chimpanzee and the bonobo; and Homo, of which only modern humans remain.

The meaning of the taxon Hominidae changed gradually, leading to a modern usage of “hominid” that includes all the great apes including humans.

A number of very similar words apply to related classifications:

A hominoid, sometimes called an ape, is a member of the superfamily Hominoidea: extant members are the gibbons (lesser apes, family Hylobatidae) and the hominids. A hominid is a member of the family Hominidae, the great apes: orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees and humans. A hominine is a member of the subfamily Homininae: gorillas, chimpanzees, and humans (excludes orangutans). A hominin is a member of the tribe Hominini: chimpanzees and humans.[10] A homininan, following a suggestion by Wood and Richmond (2000), would be a member of the subtribe Hominina of the tribe Hominini: that is, modern humans and their closest relatives, including Australopithecina, but excluding chimpanzees.[11][12] A human is a member of the genus Homo, of which Homo sapiens is the only extant species, and within that Homo sapiens sapiens is the only surviving subspecies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae

Sree, if I handed you a gun I’d be handing an ape a gun. And a "Great Ape at that!

But that’s ok, most apes are “good people”.

OTOH, some people are “bad asses”. It all depends on your vanity; remember, one of your “mortal sins”?

But that’s ok, most apes are “good people”.
"There are very fine people... on both sides."
Sree, if I handed you a gun I’d be handing an ape a gun.
You are not wrong about me being an ape and a member of the species. And even if the connotation of the term was part of your statement, you are still within your right to express your feelings, as far as I am concerned.

Handing a chimp a loaded gun is more stupid than handing a 5 year-old kid a dangerous weapon. Gun safety is ingrained in my psyche. I was raised in American gun-culture but unfortunately not every citizen given access to guns treat this Constitutional right with respect. The fact that Americans, in this forum, find that video funny is telling. It tells me that our mentality is not different from that of African militiamen, armed thugs who could shoot each other for fun. Is it any wonder why our inner cities are routinely shot up as a daily phenomenon and no one cares? But woe betides the police who are called in to deal with the mindless violence and trample on human rights.

The fact that Americans, in this forum, find that video funny is telling. It tells me that our mentality is not different from that of African militiamen, armed thugs who could shoot each other for fun.
There is no comparison of that video to whatever it is you mean by "thugs". Again, words. You either know how "thug" is used, and should know not to use it like you just did, or you don't know and have no business speaking as if you know more than the others here. Just hypothetically, how might one go about proving their intellectual superiority? You keep claiming it, but you have not shown it.
Is it any wonder why our inner cities are routinely shot up as a daily phenomenon and no one cares?
And right there, next sentence, a good example. By what measure have you determined "no one cares"?

The video was FUNNY. The Chimp didn’t kill anyone. It would not have been so funny if he had. As it was he just scared the pants off of some humans who were giving him crap.

The guys who handed him the gun were at the apex of stupidity. But it seems to have worked out ok.

On gun etiquette, for safety one should consider a gun to be loaded, even if one is sure that it is not. And one, imo, should NEVER point a gun at any person that he is not prepared to kill at that moment (including one’s self).

But the Chimp, I think, can be forgiven for not observing strict gun safety as he probably had never had any training. That said, he handled the AK 47 pretty well. It just goes to show you that it doesn’t take a genius to operate such a tool of death designed to efficiently kill people.

Well, let’s see… Out of all the great apes, I haven’t seen many bad gorillas and if they are bad, the other gorillas drive him out of dodge. Koko was a good gorilla and she loved kittens.

Chimpanzees are good people too. Bonobos are lovers. Instead of fighting, Bonobos make love… “at a drop of a hat”.

Now orangutans they will throw things, like dung, at others, but aside from that, they are great comedians.

However, the humans, while some are nice, there are others who are down right mean and others, like the dotard, are so repulsive that we don’t want to include them as humans. I don’t think any other ape species would claim him either. He’s an orange creature which the orangutans wouldn’t think twice about throwing dung at him… Humm… I wonder what that says about the dotard?

But the Chimp, I think, can be forgiven for not observing strict gun safety as he probably had never had any training. That said, he handled the AK 47 pretty well.
You can say that again. I was surprised at the lack of recoil from that weapon. The chimp handled it better than this ape.

@sree you have to remember, most chimpanzees, especially full grown ones are stronger than humans.

Without diversity no creatures would have ever evolved.
True enough, though not the kind of diversity you're advocating.

No, I advocate humans mixing rather that different species. Although Koko was very good to her kitties.

Do you know anything about human history, cross-culture migration, trade and empire building? I mean are you really as shallow as you try to sound?

What is your goal, segregate everyone for each other? Do you have any appreciation for the complex global society we are strapped into, but you want to pretend you can go back to the plantation and have others lick your boots. But, I’m supposed to be nice and polite and give everyone the benefit of doubt. Lordie, lordie.

What the hell are you even talking about, beyond your self-certain sense of entitled superior to others. Superior in what is way is another texture to consider, but you don’t know about textures and depth or any of that stuff, that comes from a little introspection about one’s life and world. And proud of it too. I mean I’d love to have a serious conversation with you, but is there anything there . . .

Timb well said. I too was impressed with how fast he figured it out, Mriana makes a great point, the Chimp’s got muscles that puts us to shame, the recoil hit him like a 92 pounder punching a 280 bruiser. Then there’s sree, well my mama always told me, silly is as silly does. :wink:

What is your goal, segregate everyone for each other? Do you have any appreciation for the complex global society we are strapped into, but you want to pretend you can go back to the plantation and have others lick your boots. But, I’m supposed to be nice and polite and give everyone the benefit of doubt. Lordie, lordie.
Self segregation is totally normal in diverse areas. My goal is to avoid forced diversity -- which you don't have to deal with in your White rocky mountain town -- unlike those of us in metropolitan America.

I like living in diverse areas. I don’t like living in segregated areas. I’ve always liked diversity.

Self segregation is totally normal in diverse areas. -- oneguy
I guess you are talking about gated communities and ethnic neighborhoods. I have some problems with the gates, but okay, it's a free country. But that doesn't address a city wide police force and how they move in and out of those neighborhoods.
Self segregation is totally normal in diverse areas.
Of course, it is normal. This is why everybody wants to have their own private homes which are designed with segregated living spaces called personal bedrooms and bathrooms.
My goal is to avoid forced diversity — which you don’t have to deal with in your White rocky mountain town — unlike those of us in metropolitan America.
Forced diversity is a wishful program to bring about an ideal world that nobody - including those pushing for it - wants. They just want to force it on you to make them feel they have done good. An example is zoning affordable housing in prime residential properties.

An example is zoning affordable housing in prime residential properties.
As I said to oneguy, you're avoiding the topic. People can live where they want, but we have to work together to manage our police force. However we do it, we're starting with some agreement that order needs to be maintained somehow.

Your example here ignores that people with power maintained boundaries and kept people out of certain areas just by silently agreeing not to give them loans, not to even show them houses, not to sign contracts. You are free to do those things in individual cases, but when a pattern can be seen, when it’s obvious your choices on based on skin color, then you are discriminating. you don’t have the right to do that.