Diversity is Natural

Too many think animals work on automatic pilot – but that is way off the mark. They are observant and thinking, doing the best they can with what they got, all capable survivors, or we wouldn’t have them out there.
You'd better believe it. Here is proof:

@sree That’s not a monkey for starters. It’s an ape, a chimpanzee to be exact. Monkeys generally have tails and are not consider apes, but they are primates. Chimps are apes, even though they are primates. Secondly, the human apes (all humans are apes too) should not have given such an intelligent create a gun, because as the saying goes, “Monkey see, monkey do” and chimpanzees are so intelligent that they can watch others and then copy what they do. The chimp knew full well what he was doing. He shows his intelligence well. The human apes were the stupid ones. If you want power over others, don’t mock them and then hand them your weapon or you will be showing just how ignorant you are about other species, including your fellow ape cousins.

In real life, I have had no personal experience of the examples you cited.
When you are black, you can have those personal experiences. Read the spark notes from a book by a white man, written 60 years ago, who became black for periods of time.

https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/blacklikeme/summary/

We have not come so far as one would think in 60 years.

When you are black, you can have those personal experiences.
The fact is I am not black anymore than I am a chicken. While I can see the cruelty we subject the chicken to by raising them and killing them for food, I don't have the same kind of evidence to form a judgment on the black person's lot in my world.
Read the spark notes from a book by a white man, written 60 years ago, who became black for periods of time.
I am not living in America 60 years ago. It's not healthy to dwell on hurts even if I were black and old enough to have suffered injustices of another era.
We have not come so far as one would think in 60 years.
On the contrary, we have gone very far. When Obama was sworn in as President, even the Brits admitted that it would be quite some time before they were ready for a black Prime Minister at Whitehall.

Why this thread too has turned to skin colour, I have no idea, but here’s a curve for you. One that may help you understand my family, who lives with diversity every day without conflict:

They are among millions of U.S. families looking for ways to relay the realities of this moment to their children, but the Meltons do so with the added hurdle of having an interracial household. It’s a reality for more and more Americans every day: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the number of Americans who identified as both white and black doubled between 2000 and 2010, and the percentage of mixed-race births grew from 1 percent in 1970 to 10 percent in 2013.

All thanks to Loving v Virginia.

The Savages were hosting friends in their backyard recently — maintaining social distance — when the conversation turned to Floyd. They quickly realized none of their peers were having the same conversations they were with their white children. Most of them were avoiding the topic outright.

“I think it’s easy for people to avoid those conversations if they don’t have to have them, if it’s not life and death,” Kristen Savage said. “And that’s the definition of white privilege.”

Mixed families also struggle with what has happened because it affects us too, but we parents know what is happening, but the problem is explaining it to our children. Now my sons are grown so they get it and my grandson is 3, but if this occurred when my sons were little, I’d be struggling with the same things.

I am not living in America 60 years ago. It’s not healthy to dwell on hurts even if I were black and old enough to have suffered injustices of another era.
It is not a different era. That's the point. The underlying racism remains and has remained in effect. Obama got a few things started, to address the issue of racial inequalities in our criminal justice system. The T rump ripped it all away, like he has with every worthwhile initiative started by Obama.

You and the T rump and all of the RepugLIAR Senators, at best, complicit in their silence are all Proras. Yes you are members of the Pro-racist ideologists. Who like the mobsters of yesterday, when tried for being members of the Mafia, pretended that there was no such thing as the Mafia.

Prora and Profa, Pro-racists and Pro-fascists, two vast groups who threaten the ongoing existence of our democracy.

I must admit. The video of the chimp being made fun of and then chasing off his tormentors with an automatic rifle is very funny.

Yes, it’s funny because the humans could have won the Darwin award. lol

I often find it curious that if one calls Africa a country people are really quick to correct you and tell you it’s a continent, which it is, and it has many countries, but no one says that about America. Sorry, but American is 3 continents- North America, Central America, and South America. Canada and the United States [of America] are on the northern continent. Mexico and a few other smaller countries are on the central continent and Brazil along with other countries are on the southern continent. I have no idea what people keep calling the U.S. America when it is the United States of America, signifying the United States is on the American continent, but it is not the sum total of the North America or the Americas. I just don’t understand it and I’m a U.S. citizen, born, raised, and educated. Seems to me, not only did people lose the knowledge that the U.S. is a melting pot of many ethnicity and cultures, they also didn’t learn that the U.S. is on the continent of America. The whole world sometimes seems to have forgotten that. When one says “I’m an American” you’re actually saying your from the American continent. The next question is or should be, “What part of the Americas?” The answer would be “I’m a U.S. citizen.”

I must admit. The video of the chimp being made fun of and then chasing off his tormentors with an automatic rifle is very funny.
You think it is funny? I think it is tragic. Would you think a white man would ever hand a loaded AK-47 to a chimp? You should take a knee to mourn the pain our white cops go through dealing with apes in our country.
@sree "THUG LIFE"
Excellent summary of the trumpian mentality.

Trouble is all the damage they inflict on the way to their just desserts.

When that’s the best folks aspire to, what hope is there?

Sree, apologize for that. Post 329895. Better yet, edit it.

When I was growing up and since, I have always heard the bogus proscription against “anthropomorphizing” animals. It is bogus to this extent. We are animals. We share many of the genes and some general life experiences with our fellow mammals. (We all suck for one thing. And turns out, that is important.) Animals ARE like humans in many aspects. But I realize that anthropomorphizing can go too far. For example, we humans, far exceed animals in terms of the capacity for doing evil. I am not sure what pointing out that animals will kill and eat humans in certain circumstances has to do with the statement that “Diversity is natural”. The fact remains that animals, can, in certain circumstances, get along swimmingly with other animals even as diverse as a far flung species. So humans can, one would think, be able to get along swimmingly with persons of a different color or tribe. In fact they often do. Hence diversity is natural.
Animals might "get along" with each other well enough for a photo op here and there. That's far from animals interacting with each other in some kind of utopian community, and it's not even close to what we deal with as humans.

sree can you explain where that sense of entitled superiority come from?

Guy, where are going with that?

Diversity is essential to the biological biosphere and all her niche’s as it is for human social communities.

Shunning diversity results in inbreeding isolation and stupefaction.

I thought you know something about human history.

Where was there ever a great city that didn’t encourage peoples from throughout the world to visit and set up shop?

Sure there may be exceptions,

perhaps Berlin during Nazi Germany, but that would simply underscore the point about what xenophobia will do to a once intelligent liberal humanistic society.

CC, that’s the problem racism can’t solve. Tribalism is real but we know what we can do if we accept it as part of our nature but also appeal to more productive, cooperative parts of our nature.

Guy, where are going with that? Diversity is essential to the biological biosphere and all her niche’s as it is for human social communities.
Diversity is not essential, it simply arises because of all the different ecological niches available to life.
Shunning diversity results in inbreeding isolation and stupefaction.
Only a little genetic diversity is needed to avoid the problems of inbreeding. There is plenty enough in average sized populations worldwide.
I thought you know something about human history. Where was there ever a great city that didn’t encourage peoples from throughout the world to visit and set up shop? Sure there may be exceptions, perhaps Berlin during Nazi Germany, but that would simply underscore the point about what xenophobia will do to a once intelligent liberal humanistic society.
I can think of great cities in the past that brought thousands of foreigners in as slaves but none before the modern era that encouraged endless immigration. Ancient cities were plague-ridden hellholes so overpopulation carried a bigger price than it does today.

Diversity is not essential...
Without diversity no creatures would have ever evolved.
Animals might “get along” with each other well enough for a photo op here and there. That’s far from animals interacting with each other in some kind of utopian community, and it’s not even close to what we deal with as humans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interspecies_friendship

"Interspecies communication can form the basis of an interspecies friendship because it facilitates mutualism and bonds between animals…

The mutualistic relationship observed between coyotes and badgers after hunting ground squirrels together is an example of mutualism developing into an unlikely interspecies friendship…

Protective behaviour exhibited from one species onto another can lead to an interspecies friendship as it allows the formation of a bond to occur between species. This is often observed in interspecies adoptions in which one species “adopts” another that is orphaned or hurt…

Many species seek out social bonding with other species which often involves play behaviours. Play can act as a form of communication between companions in which the participants mutually understand that the interaction is playful and pleasurable…"

And then there is convergent evolution. The most common interspecies friendships are dogs/humans. Dogs are thusly the most successful mammalian species other than humans.

It is natural and positive when interspecies bonding relationships form.

So, Oneguy, the point is that the examples of EXTREMELY DIVERSE organisms getting along, naturally, blows away your pathetic belief that humans (who are not nearly so diverse from one another as different species are, at least not genetically speaking) cannot possibly deal effectively with diversity of skin color.

Expand your mindscape guy :wink:

Sree, apologize for that. Post 329895. Better yet, edit it.
Why is an apology called for? What needs to be edited?