The Problem With Mental Illness.

These are interesting points worth bringing up, but if its discussion you’re really looking for you ought to be more chill.

I’m a birdwatcher and I’ve often seen birds of different species flocking together. Strike one.
You need to reduce the size of your font or people are going to start ignoring you.

Oh. Guess somebody didn’t want to take their pills, don’t worry they’ll learn ya soon boy. Your gonna mind one way or another.

Well, you have destroyed us with your intellectual prowess, for sure. We all cower at your large brainy-ness.
Obviously I have no idea what a “race” is. I guess I will have go back to Indiana University and set them straight. And my wife, good thing she is retired, because her career as a psychologist was a complete waste. I can’t wait to go tell the homeless I step over every day that he just has to think his way to happiness. I’ll tell him to stop worrying about the gubermint suppressing him, that’s just foolishness.

Humans are all the same species. Races are like varieties. I know this because my white niece married a black man and they have two sons. My white nephew married a black woman and they have a daughter. Another white nephew married an Asian woman and they have a daughter. You couldn’t do that if races were different species. Strike two.
When people segregate into enclaves, it’s generally because of language and culture, not race. They originally did so because of people like you who tried to give them a hard time for being “different”. Now you’re a separatist who thinks that whites should withdraw into White’s Only ghettos because you feel threatened by diversity. I find that deliciously ironic. Strike three. :slight_smile:

When people segregate into enclaves, it's generally because of language and culture, not race. They originally did so because of people like you who tried to give them a hard time for being "different".
Race and culture are strongly linked, language is less so but it still makes a difference. And self-segregation is an evolved behavior in humans, it happens even under the best social conditions.
When people segregate into enclaves, it's generally because of language and culture, not race. They originally did so because of people like you who tried to give them a hard time for being "different".
Race and culture are strongly linked, language is less so but it still makes a difference. And self-segregation is an evolved behavior in humans, it happens even under the best social conditions.Yes and no. It's true that there is a connection between race and culture, but there isn't a single "black culture" any more than there's a single "white culture". It depends on where you come from -- Nigeria, Mozambique, Haiti, Chicago? And what of white immigrants from say Poland or Russia? It's their language that separates them from American culture, not the color of their skin. And it's true that it's natural for people to self-segregate to some extent, but we also segregate by sex, don't we? Don't men prefer to spend their leisure time in sports bars with other men? Would anyone suggest that a man who wanted to marry a woman was suffering from mental illness?
Race and culture are strongly linked, language is less so but it still makes a difference. And self-segregation is an evolved behavior in humans, it happens even under the best social conditions.Yes and no. It's true that there is a connection between race and culture, but there isn't a single "black culture" any more than there's a single "white culture". It depends on where you come from -- Nigeria, Mozambique, Haiti, Chicago? And what of white immigrants from say Poland or Russia? It's their language that separates them from American culture, not the color of their skin.The point is all cultures are different from each other and race is a major reason for that.
And it's true that it's natural for people to self-segregate to some extent, but we also segregate by sex, don't we? Don't men prefer to spend their leisure time in sports bars with other men? Would anyone suggest that a man who wanted to marry a woman was suffering from mental illness?
That's much different, men marrying women is completely normal. People of different races hanging out together is not really normal.
Race and culture are strongly linked, language is less so but it still makes a difference. And self-segregation is an evolved behavior in humans, it happens even under the best social conditions.Yes and no. It's true that there is a connection between race and culture, but there isn't a single "black culture" any more than there's a single "white culture". It depends on where you come from -- Nigeria, Mozambique, Haiti, Chicago? And what of white immigrants from say Poland or Russia? It's their language that separates them from American culture, not the color of their skin.The point is all cultures are different from each other and race is a major reason for that.
And it's true that it's natural for people to self-segregate to some extent, but we also segregate by sex, don't we? Don't men prefer to spend their leisure time in sports bars with other men? Would anyone suggest that a man who wanted to marry a woman was suffering from mental illness?
That's much different, men marrying women is completely normal. People of different races hanging out together is not really normal. Not normal by whose standard?
The point is all cultures are different from each other and race is a major reason for that.
A reason but not the ONLY reason. For me, the point is that even if cultures are different, there's no reason we can't live together.
That's much different, men marrying women is completely normal. People of different races hanging out together is not really normal.
But not ABnormal enough to be considered a sign of mental illness, as Cultsmasher claims. That was my point. I respect your opinion, but this is one thing we're just going to disagree on.
The point is all cultures are different from each other and race is a major reason for that.
A reason but not the ONLY reason. For me, the point is that even if cultures are different, there's no reason we can't live together.
But not ABnormal enough to be considered a sign of mental illness, as Cultsmasher claims. That was my point. I respect your opinion, but this is one thing we're just going to disagree on. We all have some neanderthal in us. So at one time we mixed with not just a different culture, but a different sub species. We've always mixed, we're just able to travel further and faster now, so we do it more.
But not ABnormal enough to be considered a sign of mental illness, as Cultsmasher claims. That was my point. I respect your opinion, but this is one thing we're just going to disagree on.Maybe I misunderstood, but I think Cultsmasher is claiming that forced multiculturalism is causing mental illness - which is plausible. Agree with you that simply associating with other races is not a sign of mental illness.
That's much different, men marrying women is completely normal. People of different races hanging out together is not really normal. Not normal by whose standard?To some degree, everyone's. Self segregation is an evolved behavior.

No doubt about! This post is a perfect example of mental illness.

But not ABnormal enough to be considered a sign of mental illness, as Cultsmasher claims. That was my point. I respect your opinion, but this is one thing we're just going to disagree on. We all have some neanderthal in us. So at one time we mixed with not just a different culture, but a different sub species. We've always mixed, we're just able to travel further and faster now, so we do it more. If we weren't all of the same species, no mater what color, we wouldn't have been able to produce offspring. The same is true of Neanderthals. Modern humans would have no Neanderthal genes if we were of different species. LL
If we weren't all of the same species, no mater what color, we wouldn't have been able to produce offspring. The same is true of Neanderthals. Modern humans would have no Neanderthal genes if we were of different species. LL
Which is why I said sub-species. That's the same species.
Not normal by whose standard?
To some degree, everyone's. Self segregation is an evolved behavior. Completely evasive answer. You use some personally developed standard, then you judge everyone else as if your standard is their standard. "Race" doesn't mean anything. It was a made up term and once we tried to define it with any precision, we found out it didn't exist. If you want to use the term, define it. Anyway you try to, we will show you how there are no differences based on the lines you draw. Have you heard of these things where you swab your cheek and find out all the different continents and countries where your ancestors come from? Are those all wrong? Are you aware of anyone who has 100% from within even a 1,000 mile radius?
Not normal by whose standard?
To some degree, everyone's. Self segregation is an evolved behavior. Completely evasive answer. You use some personally developed standard, then you judge everyone else as if your standard is their standard. Standards have nothing to do with it, self segregation is a fact of human nature. There are varying degrees of the behavior in both groups and individuals.
"Race" doesn't mean anything. It was a made up term and once we tried to define it with any precision, we found out it didn't exist. If you want to use the term, define it. Anyway you try to, we will show you how there are no differences based on the lines you draw.
Races are population groups that evolved in differing ecological niches. The folk classifications of race are fairly accurate: Western Eurasia - Caucasoid, Eastern Eurasia and the Americas - Mongoloid, Sub-Saharan Africa and Australasia - Negroid. Maybe the term has too much baggage, but it exists.
Have you heard of these things where you swab your cheek and find out all the different continents and countries where your ancestors come from? Are those all wrong?
I know of them and have heard good and bad things about their accuracy. I tried one and the results corresponded with what I expected.
Are you aware of anyone who has 100% from within even a 1,000 mile radius?
Yes.

Race as a term has meaning for you because you don’t care about what things really mean, you just want simple definitions. If it really had a biological definition, you could find one and link to it.
Now, please tell me where these people, descended from ancestors who haven’t migrated for thousands of years, live. Do they have names? Can I email one of them?
I think you are confusing myth with reality. It’s true that cultures all have their origin stories, and they claim some pure beginning and pure line, but it’s not true. The non-mixing you believe is common never lasts for more than a few hundred years, then something scrambles us again. But the myths, sure, those keep happening.]