War Drums in the Ukraine

Is that right? What lies do you say the western media has spewed about the Ukraine war?

There is no such thing as a “Western Media” that reports the same things. Your question doesn’t make sense

Your stable news sources - CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NYT, WP , NPR etc

I know what you mean. They don’t all get together and decide what lies to tell

You said they broadcast lies all the time. What lies say you did these sources broadcast over the ukraine war?

Why would i go through looking for wrong news? Can we just agree that not all news is correct? It doesn’t change how i evaluate news items

Youre on this thread so you know what has been claimed by these sources… what are their lies?

So, this forum, and normal conversation, does not allow for someone to demand others answer a certain question in a certain way. Your question doesn’t really make sense. That’s what I’m saying. There’s no point in me listing lies.

I think you are asking what to do with parents who want to disrupt civil meetings!
But you lack the integrity to be honest about the alt-right strategy of bullying and intimidation.

I don’t know, are you saying Putin is winning? Didn’t Putin say this was like a special military action that would take a couple weeks? How long has it been? How far has he gotten?

Timeline: The events leading up to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
By Holly Ellyatt

KEY POINTS

• One week into Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and military and defense analysts are united on one front: Russia’s invasion has not gone entirely to plan.
  • Analysts believe Russia had expected to make far more gains and, crucially, to face far less resistance from Ukrainian forces and volunteer fighters.
  • Russian forces have attacked various towns and cities in the north, east and south of the country.
  • A week into the invasion and Russian forces have claimed one major city — Kherson.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE198.html

Distinctive Features of the Contemporary Model for Russian Propaganda

1. High-volume and multichannel
  2. Rapid, continuous, and repetitive
  3. Lacks commitment to objective reality
  4. Lacks commitment to consistency.

Since its 2008 incursion into Georgia (if not before), there has been a remarkable evolution in Russia’s approach to propaganda. This new approach was on full display during the country’s 2014 annexation of the Crimean peninsula. It continues to be demonstrated in support of ongoing conflicts in Ukraine and Syria and in pursuit of nefarious and long-term goals in Russia’s “near abroad” and against NATO allies.

In some ways, the current Russian approach to propaganda builds on Soviet Cold War–era techniques, with an emphasis on obfuscation and on getting targets to act in the interests of the propagandist without realizing that they have done so.1 In other ways, it is completely new and driven by the characteristics of the contemporary information environment. Russia has taken advantage of technology and available media in ways that would have been inconceivable during the Cold War. Its tools and channels now include the Internet, social media, and the evolving landscape of professional and amateur journalism and media outlets. …

Parents can speak at school boards. The Dems aren’t going to stop them from speaking.

They will however oppose parents who try to introduce religion and social concepts that promote discrimination into the classroom.

Thats your security blanket - claiming something doesnt make sense or that there is no obligation to answer questions (hope you allow others to use that one) is your get out strategy in a self made pickle of a situation

Speak to me about whats happening on the ground today buddy. You say Ukraine is winning this war. How so?

If you look at my comment, I asked about your claim that Russia is winning

Of course, I don’t think Ukraine is winning, it’s being blasted to rubble by a mad man.

But, Ukraine is giving Russia one hell of a fight, and might well have a hand in helping the current Russian regime destroy itself. Although, even if they could leave Russia in rubble, won’t make Ukraine a winner in this insanity being inflicted by Putin paranoid dictatorial insanity.

ps

1 Like

Where is the evidence for that? Ukraine have heavy casualties on a daily basis in the Donbas with force like those in Severodenetsk completely surrounded.

You said the ruble would collapse and the russian people would turn against putin

This is the assertion you made. It’s your burden to back that up. You made another claim about media lying but didn’t get specific.

The media hasn’t told me either of these things, so I don’t even know where to start. If you make some specific claim, I could show you how I decide if it’s true or not.

How long are you going to go on like this? What “one hell of a fight” mean to you? The early predictions were that Russia would roll in and take Kyev in a week or two. Putin didn’t bother setting up supply lines. So, he’s getting more fight than expected

Thats a big call. Lets see your quote from putin that the goal was to take Kiev and quickly.

Can we apply your assertion to ukraine war? Are we allowed to here. ?

I gave you my evidence, that he didn’t seem prepared for a months long war. A quote from Putin doesn’t mean much.

Are you going to keep doing this? Say words like “winning” then when someone responds say “that’s not what winning means”? Anyone could do that all day. It’s not dialog. It’s posting to get a response.