War Drums in the Ukraine

As I’ve often said. Even in these extremely divisive political times, the defense budget gets past with little debate. Sometimes Congress even insists on giving them more money than they ask for.

They should at least be honest and stop referring to it as a “defense” budget.

1 Like

A very common factor for the DC swamp. When looking at all the Ukraine facts over the last twelve years. Is it the taxpayers interest or the swamp’s piggy bank deciding to go after the holy grail of unproven oil deposits. I would have to say that the Ukraine war was brought forth by the US state department. And if I had to choose what outcome is best for the American taxpayer. I would have to side with Putin. Putin has the only stable facts and the only one backing the history of the Rules of Laws.

The UN latest actions in long-running conflicts like Yemen, Syria, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Sudan, Myanmar, the Central African Republic, and Mali. Show that the UN should be backing the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the Donbas civil war by the Donetsk People’s Republic & Luhansk People’s Republic. The people who cannot protect themselves. Why the 180 on these republics. Why all the cover-up? Where is the transparency? Why is the UN refusing to recognize these republics?

Mar. 11, 2014 3:34 AM ET Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)XOM, SHEL, EBy: Yigal Grayeff, SA News

Major oil companies are facing a legal limbo over Black Sea energy prospects because of Crimea’s decision to hold a referendum over whether to secede from Ukraine and join Russia.

A consortium that includes Exxon (NYSE:XOM) and Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B) planned to invest $735M on drilling two wells off Crimea, while Eni (NYSE:E) has a license to explore in the region.

Note: Eni S.p.A. is an Italian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Rome.

This is a very complex issue. We are not only talking about politics, but also geo-economics. The DC Swamp seems to be in control and will maintain the theft of the republic’s mineral rights with the implementation of sub-soil rights. No matter what it takes, going to war. Or what it will cost to American taxpayers.

These are the kinds of statements that make me certain your ability discern a fact is severely compromised

Do you have the ability to make a point. Or would you like to debate this issue? Obviously not. Or you wouldn’t go down the pathway of personal attacks. Which you are wearing out.

Clearly yes.

Not with you, because you don’t debate. You make vague accusations like “swamp” and constantly throw out red herrings.

Commenting on your skills is not an attack.

As you have worn out “swamp”, siding with Putin, saying Donbas is a Republic, “cover-up”.

So, then it by choice that you get your kicks out of personal attacks.

You make just as many accusations as I do. And “swamp” is known to those Americans who follow the political news. And in today’s world of fake news, if you don’t know how to separate facts from fiction. Let me show you a simple way.
Google “swamp”. You will get the history of how Washington D.C. was built upon a swamp. And that’s why it is still today referred to as a swamp. These stories are followed by the New Yorker, Washington Post, and other left leaning news. Which you should know is fake news. The right leaning takes a political meaning. This has been going on since the 80’s. And you are trying to tell me that I need to explain the meaning of “swamp”. All I see is that you know you have no merits for a debate and are just playing a bait and switch word game. That usually end in you don’t have enough time to be bothered with the debate when you could be using your time to take personal shoots at posters on this site.

I have no skills as a wordsmith. That means I am a very easy target. I am not posting to show off skills I don’t have. That is not what a debate should be about.
I will say thanks for your posting lead in the subject about Gods are based on Knowledge.
I thought I would wait a couple of weeks to see if there was any response to that data. Not on this site so far.
I was laying the groundwork for a talk about religion and science being connected according to ontological philosophy by Parmenides and the connection to secularism by philosopher Seyyed Hossein Nasr. That’s not going to happen here on this site because it is hard to have a discussion about the real facts. Easy to agree with fake facts and goals of the greedy.

Do you have any idea what the views of the people of Donbas have been for the last twenty years? If you don’t then you really don’t even know what started this war.

The history of the word is not relevant to your use of it here.
“fake news” is another term that gets thrown around, and only has meaning if you show facts, show what is fake.
I have an idea of what you mean by “swamp”, and it’s wrong. I’ve been over this many times. I’ve given you plenty of time, you don’t produce factual information.

Sounds like a pot shot personal attack. Hugo presented several articles from a similar point of view. I think all the information is out there. And there are people who can’t be convinced, regardless of who’s “expert” opinion gets presented.

And you do? Hummmm…you have the inside nitty-gritty …the inside scoop?

You should be a strategist/advisor on foreign policy.

Unfortunately, your strict adherence to biblical dogma disqualifies you from secular public service. Please stay out of politics.

Go do some of the Lord’s work.

What pray tell is your first hand experience, or “expertise” as the case may be?

Okay, so I don’t subscribe to the “right” news outlets, and I imagine FOX or OAN has a different take, that I’m sure Manafort can explain, but here’s the sorts of information I’m finding out there.

The Russian Statelets in the Donbas Are No “People’s Republics”

BY SIMON PIRANI

. . . The areas, known in Russian as Donetskaya Narodnaya Respublika (DNR) and Luganskaya Narodnaya Respublika (LNR), comprise the eastern part of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions respectively; the western parts have remained under Ukrainian government control even after 2014. Despite the “people’s republic” names, they have routinely intimidated organized labor and political dissidents, institutionalized violence, and trampled on human rights. They have also presided over the collapse of industry and a catastrophic fall in living standards.

The harsh conditions normalized since these statelets were founded in 2014 are not an exact guide to how Russian-supported forces, or Russia itself, might administer other parts of Ukraine if they take them over by force. But the misery heaped on the population of these “people’s republics” across the last eight years does give some indications.

Here, I shall focus first on the preparations for President Vladimir Putin’s announcement on February 21

Most people in separatist-held areas of Donbas prefer reintegration with Ukraine – new survey

Published: October 14, 2019

But two surveys I carried out in the Donbas in 2016 and 2019, revealed that a majority of those we surveyed in areas not controlled by the government would prefer to be part of the Ukranian state.

The war in the Donbas started more than five years ago and has cost in excess of 13,000 lives. At least 1.4m Donbas residents have been internally displaced, and at least 75,000 have fled to Russia.

Ukraine’s newly elected president Volodymyr Zelenskiy put ending the war at the centre of his election campaign, alongside fighting corruption. His rhetoric has remained consistent, treating the inhabitants of the areas not currently controlled by Kyiv – the self-declared people’s republics of Donetsk and Luhansk (DNR/LNR) – as fully-fledged Ukrainian citizens and emphasising their reintegration into the Ukrainian state. …

Quite far ranging, way more than I care to get up to speed on, still it’s good to know a sober history is within reach, even if you need to dedicate a year or more to doing the prerequisite reading…
654 references

These people seem very happy with the way things are going in Donbas. Happy Victory Day!! Cheers all !

1 Like

Not sure what I’m supposed to do with the feelings of a few people. I have neighbors out here in the peaceful countryside who call our government fascist. That doesn’t mean they are right.

Thats one way of reacting to the reality of events on the ground not marrying up with what you are being told in western media .

I don’t think 3 minutes with some ladies at a parade counts as “events on the ground”. I’m not going to support a massive military action, with ample documentation, including the words of the leader of that action, based on that “event”.

Its one event in series of events happening in Eastern Ukraine. They dont paint the bullish picture the western media wants you to believe

Have you ever read any Sam Harris? I think it’s the “End of Faith” where compares facts coming from a news organization to facts from random sources like this.

Of course if that lady in Mariupol made any negative comments, both her and the reporter would soon be “disappeared”

You can get a lot of happy reports out of North Korea too!

You mean, like what the Democrats want to do with the parents who speak at school boards.

The media that you hold as reliable source of news has repeatly told you that ukraine is winning this war and all that is needed is more weapons and money ( hello Vietnam) for victory.

Do you now acknowledge you have been lied to?

1 Like

That’s an impossible question. Of course there are lies being broadcast all the time. The question is, how do you determine what’s true?