US warships heading to the ME

i just seen a post on the drudgereport coming from AP.
do you think we should get involved in another war?
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNITED_STATES_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-08-24-07-37-32

The short version is “NO” especially with Syria. We’ve seen that the recent Arab Spring didn’t do much except change the names of the executioners. Democracy didn’t break out but theocracies either did or tried very hard to.
They need to sort this out for themselves.

How about “HELL No”! The US doesn’t need to be tied to that political morass just as we’re UNtying ourselves from Afganistan. There are at present over twenty opposition groups fighting the Assad regime that is presently backed by Russia, and Putin is claiming that the rebels are the ones using the gas. Obama’s decision to send in the fleet might be a saber rattling gesture but militarily committing to this mess would lead to more killing and continued vilification of the US by Syrians and their neighbors. The article mentions a peace gesture and that’s the smart play here.
Cap’t Jack

The short version is "NO" especially with Syria. We've seen that the recent Arab Spring didn't do much except change the names of the executioners. Democracy didn't break out but theocracies either did or tried very hard to. They need to sort this out for themselves.
war is a no. but taking out the chemical weapons is were we are headed.
How about "HELL No"! The US doesn't need to be tied to that political morass just as we're UNtying ourselves from Afghanistan. There are at present over twenty opposition groups fighting the Assad regime that is presently backed by Russia, and Putin is claiming that the rebels are the ones using the gas. Obama's decision to send in the fleet might be a saber rattling gesture but militarily committing to this mess would lead to more killing and continued vilification of the US by Syrians and their neighbors. The article mentions a peace gesture and that's the smart play here. Cap't Jack
Afghanistan - we are there until the end of 2014. Putin's words are just words. i read there were bodies showing up that were women and children. no outward marks of injury. but they did have foam coming from their mouths. what gets me is the US could release satellite photos to show us what's going on. we might go in after the chemical weapons. but this ME unrest is really about Saudi' vs Iran. with the muslim brotherhood taken out of the picture Saudi hands get stronger. hezbollah is having its trouble. so lebanon is about to go up in flames.

seems like we have turkey and germany coming on board for a - strike -
with the u.s. and britian and france.
i see iran and hezbollah are telling the world israel is going to be destroyed if syria is attacked.
russia sees the writing on the wall.
china is silent. the u.s. must have shown them some sat. photos.
this site is a daily read for me. www.strategypage,com
an air strike should be on Sept 6th or 7th.

Russia evacuates citizens ahead of military strikes in the 'next few days.

obama is not sitting down and talking to congress.
yet the - Arab League blames Syria’s Assad for chemical attack in a meeting in cairo
and - British PM recalls parliament from summer break to discuss Syria.
when do we get to hear views from our elected officials?
the media will probably cheer pick comments they want to back.
the LAW states the president is to tell congress 30 days ahead of going to war. GW did this. yet b.o. didn’t in libya. most likely he won’t with syria

war is a no. but taking out the chemical weapons is were we are headed.
My response remains the same. What sort of weapons they're using on each other is irrelevant to the concerns raised.

And how much oil does Syria control?

And how much oil does Syria control?
How much of it does Russia want to control? They have been Syria's ally for a long time. They have vested interests in the Syrian Regime. Their status quo is the Assad regime. They don't like us meddling around helping the rebels and accusing the Assad regime of using gas. My guess is that China and Russia are making bigger inroads into the Middle-East than the average Westerner is led to believe. It's been getting more competitive for about 2 decades or so. Hence all the "adjustments" that we have seen. Much of it is being cozily pigeon-holed into a euphemism they coined "Arab Spring". "They" being the Western Press and Establishment". I get the feeling it's series of events that could lead to some predictable outcomes. Based on history. Who knows? We'll wait and see.

Based on history, interventions usually don’t have happy outcomes over the long haul. Especially when the name of the game is to replace THEIR corrupt, venal, and sociopathic dictator with OUR corrupt, venal, and sociopathic dictator. For some reason, this sort of thing just doesn’t go over too well with the ordinary janes and joes who have to live with it.
Not surprisingly, these puppets tend to be retired by firing squad with the next coup, and then the whole vicious cycle starts all over again.
Makes me wonder why anybody would want to get mixed up with that.

i just heard a guy saying there could be another out come: Assad could be forced out.
on syrian oil output. did a google search and found these images
https://www.google.com/search?q=syria+oil+fields&authuser=0&gl=us&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=lnms&tbs=qdr:h&sa=X&ei=tC0dUsz4Eva6sASS4oD4Ag&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=797&bih=537#authuser=0&fp=90cc7f2a980286f9&gl=us&hl=en&q=syrian+oil+fields+graphs&tbm=isch

We’re at it again, it seems. Perpetual war for perpetual peace (Charles Beard) is the tao of the Unites States, and has been for a long time.

We're at it again, it seems. Perpetual war for perpetual peace (Charles Beard) is the tao of the Unites States, and has been for a long time.
not so much this time. europe has been talking the loudest for a year and a half. Britain and France have been calling for intervention. they even sold rockets on truck beds to the Saudi's. who then took them through Turkey under the protection of the Turkey army. this is why we call obama leading from behind. yes the u.s. has been creeping in to the ME with ships and planes over the last few months. but no way has the u.s. been leading the way we are all headed. the u.s. has for more than 2 years said don't give the weapons we sold you to the rebels. in the u.s. obama is suppose to come to congress before we launch missiles. if he goes in without doing that he is not following the law. than you will see me jumping on the bandwagon 'obama has joined with other powers to do what europe wants done.'
We’re at it again, it seems. Perpetual war for perpetual peace (Charles Beard) is the tao of the Unites States, and has been for a long time.
Agreed, and simply bombing semi- strategic targets just to get Assad's attention will ultimately have little effect on the outcome i.e. further chaos and instability. With several groups attempting to control the area, some backed by neighboring Iran, toppling Assad could mean years of civil war and another breeding ground for terrorist fanaticism. That plus public opinion being decidedly against military involvement makes this a dangerous play for the prez. We need to close the doors to the temple of Mars. Cap't Jack

Just google “false flag”. The story is already out there that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was a false flag operation. Syria’s defense minister is claiming this as well. Of course it doesn’t matter whether it is or not. What matters is whether countries/people believe it’s possible. And with the US reputation in the crapper, it’s certainly easy enough to guess at what others are believing.

Just google "false flag". The story is already out there that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was a false flag operation. Syria's defense minister is claiming this as well. Of course it doesn't matter whether it is or not. What matters is whether countries/people believe it's possible. And with the US reputation in the crapper, it's certainly easy enough to guess at what others are believing.
so when doctors on the ground are treating people for foaming at the mouth they are not telling the truth? they treated 100's of people that had signs from nerve agents? just what are the u.n. people finding? search that.

hey, i don’t like whats going on.
i hope the syrian army steps in and brings down assad.
i just read the syrian gov’t wants the u.n. to stick around after sunday.
to me that’s fear starting to be “seen” coming from the syrian gov’t.

Just google "false flag". The story is already out there that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was a false flag operation. Syria's defense minister is claiming this as well. Of course it doesn't matter whether it is or not. What matters is whether countries/people believe it's possible. And with the US reputation in the crapper, it's certainly easy enough to guess at what others are believing.
so when doctors on the ground are treating people for foaming at the mouth they are not telling the truth? they treated 100's of people that had signs from nerve agents? just what are the u.n. people finding? search that.You obviously didn't look up what false flag operations are. Everything you described would still be the case regardless of whether the Syrian government, the Syrian rebels, or the European nations (in false flag operations) did the deed. No one (I guess) is doubting chemical weapons were used. What IS being suggested is that the people who used them did so under a false flag operation. (Again that's what being suggested, I personally have no idea or opinion and honestly find it hard to believe anybody these days.) A good example of this was in WW2 when German and American soldiers alike donned the others uniforms and infilitrated various operations. Standard "warfare" technique.