War Drums in the Ukraine

Drums of war in the Ukraine …

There are reports that Ukies are moving their armour to Donetsk and Lugansk area. The Russians are also moving their armour towards their borders adjacent to Donetsk. Both Donetsk and Lugansk have sent mobilisation papers. It seems likely something will happen as soon perhaps May i.e. after rasputitsa:

H/T The Saker

2 Likes

That’s depressing. When will they ever learn? Oh yeah, someones are making a lot of money.

1 Like

Wasn’t political instability one of the arguments For Nord Stream 2?

• wasn’t there a thread about Nord Stream 2 around here somewhere? Or maybe I’m thinking of Belt and Road

Probably not, but if so it would be over quickly unless NATO stupidly gets involved.

US sends warships to black sea. Niggling for war over Ukraine

Black Sea deployments are routine for the US Navy, but Washington is no doubt making an empty threat here.

Russian warship deployment in the gulf of mexico allowed?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/europe/ukraine-zelensky-front-lines/index.html

This article say US is “considering” moving warships into the Black Sea.

Russian warship deployment in the gulf of mexico allowed?
Absolutely. We aren't at war and the Gulf is a big place.

I would like to see that

Russian war ships now in Ukraine

The latest US moves against Russia - The Saker

It appears that Ukraine-Russia war is still on, in his opinion. The US is ratcheting it up.

Bad news all around today. The US has just slammed provocative sanctions against Russia even though the US ambassador to Moscow was summoned to the Foreign Ministry and clearly told that if the US imposes more sanctions there will be no meeting between Putin and Biden.

Then there is this: the US has informed the Turkish authorities that they will not send two USN ships into the Black Sea. This is politically a good sign, but in military terms, this is what the US should be doing if they were preparing for war. Why? Because any USN ship in the Black Sea at the moment of the initiation of a conflict would be sunk withing minutes: not only do the Russians have formidable missiles – Bal and Bastion – they had SIX advanced diesel-electric submarines of the 636.3 class ready to “greet” them. Keep in mind that engaging submarines without air cover is another form of collective suicide.

So, the phone call was a deception and the US is still going down the road towards war with Russia.

In my professional opinion, what I see is a joint preparation by the Ukronazis and the USA (along with the UK and Poland) to attack the Donbass and force a conflict upon Russia.

Considering the extreme nature of these developments, I am reopening an open thread.

The Saker

PS: as for the Ukronazis, they have just used their heavy artillery (banned by the Minsk Agreements) to murder another civilian in his home. They were apparently trying to disable an electric station (a typical move by US-trained militaries before an attack).

It is very hard for me to see how a war could be avoided.

UPDATE: Biden has just declared a national emergency in the USA in response to the Russian threat. He will make a special address to the nation tonight.

What on earth is this guy talking about? The US is ratcheting things up?
Where has the US fired a single shot whereas Russia is laying waste to a sovereign nation.
And he dares accuse the US of warmongering?

Typical bully tactics. If you flinch, then he gets to hit you twice. If you raise an arm to deflect their punch, then you are fighting. If they are holding your head underwater, just don’t struggle, then they will let you up.

Excellent discussion of whataboutism and the msm’s use of it to stiffle criticism:

I could not stand that horrible logic. I skipped to the 17 minute mark, something about the Japanese in WW2 trying to get black America soldiers to stop fighting, because, “What about slavery”, and as they say, many nations have done something similar, then he says, “the answer is, yes you’re right, let’s investigate these imperial, colonial, racist, discriminatory societies, rather than saying, ‘oh well, you know, and hand wave it away just because that’s ‘what aboutism’ “

The problem he doesn’t’ solve is, you can’t hand wave away the current imperialism either. If you are asking the US to address crimes against humanity, that doesn’t excuse your crime.

Jeremy scahill said it best at the end with the liberial wet dream regarding US exceptionalism - the big lie which fuels the hand waving away of whatabouism

I don’t know who these people are that you quote. They don’t add any authority to your comments. If you run your country by handing over the riches, created by the people, to your friends, there isn’t some other country that is doing that so directly and blatantly, so your “what abouts” are meaningless.

I would love it if our rich people would stop participating in this, but that might require creating laws that hamper free markets. IDK, above my pay grade, but I suspect there is a better way.