War Drums in the Ukraine

You think?
How much you willing to bet on that?

Incidentally,

ByPatrick Reevell
September 27, 2022,

I’ll bet you’re wrong Otto Zuts

Putin’s newly drafted civilian army of course!

Of course, they won’t be equipped or trained, but hey in the land of political fantasy anything is possible.

Although, most of them will probably keep marching west to get as far from Putin as they possibly can.

1 Like

Well, they will have some oligarchs saying so, if count that as “on the way”

The Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (LPR and DPR) along with Kherson Region and part of Zaporozhye Region in southern Ukraine have voted to join Russia in referendums that were held between September 23 and 27.

Good luck with your projects

How many people in these regions voted freely without coercion?
Why are Russians living in Russia proper refusing to “liberate” their fellow countrymen in a neighboring sovereign country?
Why are many defecting Russians applying for Ukrainian citizenship?

Good luck with your Russian project.
So far it’s not doing well other than barbaric behavior by Russian leadership and Ukraine extending citizenship to defecting Russians.

Crimes against Humanity does not bestow the perpetrator the right to “ownership” of anything, nor does it make it a desirabe living environment.

I would not want to live in a country like Russia if they paid me.

Turn out well exceeded 50% so vote was legit. International observers from africa china india and sth America. Thats it.

The vote might be legit, but the vote count won’t be. Putin will have those counting the votes give the results in his favour and not the real results. Either way, Putin is determined to take over that area, no matter what. He doesn’t care what the real vote count of the people is. All he cares about is getting what he wants, even if it’s a lie. So the people say, “No, we want to be Ukrainian”, Putin will say, “The vote count favoured being Russian.” We won’t ever know the truth. So it’s not it, but that’s how it will be, with people continuing to resist Putin.

Putin is a mass murderer! He has no right to make any demands of any kind.
He deserves the death penalty.

1 Like

“Putin is a mass murderer! He has no right to make any demands of any kind.
He deserves the death penalty.”

In that case he would be in good company with every US president post Ww2

“with some officials carrying ballots to apartment blocks accompanied by gun-toting police”

I thought something about a gun being pointed at a person’s head, sorta invalidates any contracted under such duress.

Otto, I gotta wonder why you seem to think it’s just fine forcing a person to vote at gun point?

Are you actually so dishonest as to pretend that a person under such duress is an honesty vote?

Are you another one of those who lives in a world full of contempt for other and nothing but self-made facades and fantasies to carry you through and reinforce your lonely anger at the world ?

I hope your not expecting an honest self assessment for an answer

Cite one instance where a US president ordered the intentional killing of thousands of civilians, since WWII.
And I am talking about targeting schools, hospitals, churches, shopping centers and other public sites that have no strategic military value.

And “collateral damage” cannot be counted as intentional targeting.

Bombing Vietnam ? I would think it would fit the bill.

Supporting Pinochet coup ?

Invading Iraqi ?

And i am not speaking about the numerous US army interventions in south America.

[History of U.S. Interventions in Latin America]

You will say that the US president did not directly ordered the killings, and you would be mostly right, except may be in the first case.

But when you act, you are responsible for all the consequences, even the indirect one.

And even if you be fully right, i would not oppose US virtues to Russian evil doings.

France, during his colonial period has donne much, even after WWII, in Madagascar, in Vietnam, in Algeria.

I agree with you fully about Putin wrongs, but West is not pure. And that’s why so many people in the world don’t support us against Russia.

I agree with you in general, but to my knowledge the US does not practice terrorism as a matter of policy.
Nor does the US engage in territory acquisition. Where the US has troops stationed it is by invitation and/or agreement of that country’s government.

When we go to war it is in the interest of US national security and in response to the prior belligerent action of a standing adversary.

Iraq’s shock and awe" was terrible, but even then the bombings were targeted for specific strategic purposes, not for civilian centers.

When the US as an international leader stands idly by, the world would be one grand war theatre. We have acted as the world’s police force, often in cooperation with the UN.

If Russia succeeds in Ukraine, I expect No. Korea to invade So. Korea next and on threats of nuclear war.

The last time the US employed terrorism was bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki during WWII and that was in retaliation for Pearl Harbor.

War is a terrible thing and civilians die. The difference is if targeting civilians is a matter of policy or a necessary and unavoidable “collateral damage”.

How often have we targeted individual terrorists but scrapped the mission because there were too many civilians (or children) on site.

Yes, all Presidents have ordered killing. It’s their job. But it’s a false equivalence to Putin, or any dictator or fascist of the past. The US is still wrong, often. All three of my sentences can be true, and none of them excuse Putin’s actions.

Otto has arrived at that point where he has admitted Putin is evil and has nothing left but tu quo que.

As I’ve said a couple times now. He’s just not interesting.

In fact bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were almost an act of mercy.

The taking of Okinawa had cost thousand of civilian lives, besides the death of US and Japaneses soldiers.

The US high command had computed that invading Japan would have cost tremendous losses and in fact useless ones.

The worst is that the Japanese high command was composed of fanatics and they did not want to surrender. The decisive coup came from the crushing Russian attack on Manchuria.

Yes USA do not practice terrorism .

But i strongly contest your proposition

The overthrowing of Allende was not terrorism, but it was not in the the legitimate interests of USA.

Look at the link i posted .

USA are able to use armed strength to illegitimate ends.
Back to topic :

Anyway, i agree with you. Putin must be stopped at any cost, short of a nuclear war. And that’s the true matter.

Of course it’s false equivalence. We are the good guys and they are bad guys.

On the referendum, why on earth would people vote to join Russia. Rattansi sums it up with a wall of news headlines from YOUR OWN WESTERN MEDIA!!

There were no US military involved. Nixon waged an economic war against Allende, who was a Communist and ok, the CIA was probably involved.

> Was the United States DIRECTLY involved, covertly, in the 1973 coup in Chile? The Committee has found no evidence that it was.[[38]]

United States intervention in Chile - Wikipedia)

Oh, and sarcasm that lacks understanding, you’ve got that. You are becoming a troll here. I know you don’t think you are, but your inability to interpret news makes you one. You just pass along others who are trolling the internet.