Vasectomies On The Rise

I didn’t respond the first time because it’s too obvious. Entire states don’t allow abortions in any circumstances. That’s more than “no one”

According to this all of the states which have banned abortion make some exceptions.

Not gonna go through all 50. If it’s an exception in the event of “emergency”, what does that mean? How close to death does the woman need to be?

I can’t claim to know the details or if the laws are too complex for their own good; just that no state has completely banned abortions .

On a similar note, this happened.

After a clerk at a national chain refused to sell a couple condoms because of “religious conviction,” the man scheduled a vasectomy.

Nate Pentz, who lives in Minnesota, was shopping at a Walgreens in Hayward, Wisconsin, with his partner, Jess. As Jess was checking out, Pentz says the cashier refused to sell her condoms.
“We went to Hayward to get some groceries and a stop at @Walgreens because we had left Jess birth control at home,” Pentz shared in a series of tweets posted on July 3 that have since gone viral. “As Jess was checking out, cashier John told her he couldn’t sell her the condoms.”
Pentz tweeted that his partner replied, “Oh, I got them from over there.” He then shared that the cashier responded: “We can, but I won’t because of my faith.”

I sympathize with his annoyance especially since Walgreens allows employees to refuse purchases.

In a statement to NBC News, a Walgreens spokesperson said that the company’s policies “are designed to ensure we meet the needs of our patients and customers while respecting the religious and moral beliefs of our team members.”
“The instances are rare, however when a team member has a moral or religious conviction about completing a transaction, they are required to refer the customer to another employee or manager on duty who will complete the transaction, which is what occurred in this statement,” the spokesperson added.

In the end he got the condoms but the experience was so traumatic it drove him to get the snip instead of simply going somewhere else.

Things like this is not only the dumbest thing, but it is an attempt to control others with one’s own beliefs, which is wrong.

Probably easier, if he stays with the same person, but it doesn’t prevent STDs. He may still want condemns if he breaks up with his partner and finds another.

That whole story sounds messed up.
They go grocery shopping and forgot birth control at home? What, were they planning to whoop it up in the breakfast cereal aisle?

And he was traumatized by a cashier saying no… so traumatized he had to tweet about it.

Gimme a break.

Some details might be missing. Hayward, WI is an hour or more from the MN border. I’m thinking they were there on vacation of some kind, then went shopping

Well, Millennials do get traumatized easily.

Do you think the media is lying?

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

More likely the media is being bamboozled, and they just jumped on the story for clicks / exposure.
Maybe not here specifically wrong, but they have been in the past.

Just the Christofacist GOP elites, and that makes it okay???

One of the most extreme responses came from Jim Bopp, an Indiana lawyer and general counsel for the National Right to Life who crafted model legislation ahead of the Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade and paving the way for stricter abortion bans. “She would have had the baby, and as many women who have had babies as a result of rape, we would hope that she would understand the reason and ultimately the benefit of having the child,” Bopp told Politico . “The bill does propose exceptions for rape and incest, in my model, because that is a pro-life position, but it’s not our ideal position. We don’t think, as heart-wrenching as those circumstances are, we don’t think we should devalue the life of the baby because of the sins of the father.

But it’s perfectly okay for that misogynist to devalue a woman’s life?! WHY?

thatoneguy, Why don’t you think a woman has a right to her life and sovereignty over her own body and her own health decisions?

Jim Bopp has a fringe opinion, even among the anti-abortion crowd.

Body Sovereignty doesn’t really exist in a relationship. Whatever a woman decides to do with their body will affect her partner as well.

Jezz, and Donald trump is a fringe crazy, though that didn’t stop him from become president and damaging our government as much as possible.

You are a piece of art.
You can’t even imagine a woman without her being someone else’s chattel.

Oh and lets not forget the bottomline: A woman’s life is more important that a fetus,
an unborn potentiality.

A woman’s life is also more important that the abusive woman’s owner’s ego!

1 Like

Oh and sorry, but somehow when you speak about woman, it seems natural to assume an abusive relationship and a man who thinks he owns his woman.

So sad. Why do you utter such thoughtless, cold-blooding emotionalisms towards woman and their predicaments.

I’ve yet to hear you acknowledge a woman as her own person. I’m thinking you might be incapable of the sentiment. Where did that come from? Did you have a rough childhood and had to learn the ugly lessons early and it’s the scare tissue that protects you these days?

Im still trying to imagine what a woman could to a man about what he could do with his body

[quote=“thatoneguy, post:52, topic:9687”] Body Sovereignty doesn’t really exist in a relationship. Whatever a woman decides to do with their body will affect her partner as well.
[/quote]

And vice versa, but that is still none of your business. Even so, if a woman wants an abortion, not even her husband should be able to stop her, but if he doesn’t want her to have one and she gets, she will have to face the consequences. However, if carrying the pregnancy to term meant her life and her husband still objected at the expense of her life, then that marriage shouldn’t be in the first place. A loving husband would not object if it meant his wife will die if she carries the pregnancy to term. That said, a woman is not a baby factory to be forced to carry each and every pregnancy to term. It is still her body, not “their body”. If that is the case that her body is his body, then the reverse should be true also. No one possess the other in a loving relationship. They share their bodies with each other, but the husband does not possess the woman’s body.

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season one, episode 14 Angel One:

Oh and let’s not forget Lwaxana Troi and her attitudes towards men. Something of which Deanna compared Betazoid women and Angel One women at the beginning of the Angel One episode.

A woman could rightly criticize a man for being selfish about his body concerning:

Substance Abuse

Obesity

Tattoos, Piercings

Risky hobbies like motorcycles

Being your own person has its limits in a relationship. It’s as simple as that.

Apparently you either dominate women or you aren’t in very many relationships.

Well. That will show him, huh?

Can she attach something to him and make him nurture it?

There’s nothing for a man that would be equivalent to pregnancy. But, fairness doesn’t exist in nature.