Trump advisor Pete Navarro

Article in Huff post us, today, June 2

Pete Navarro, advisor to President Trump said today that one of Mexico’s main exports to the US is illegal aliens.

I don’t know about “main exports” BUT seeing that there are an estimated 8 to 12 million illegal aliens in the US , it’s hard to deny the claim as a bald statement. However, it’s not so hard to refute the implicit assumption that the millions of illegal aliens in the US are harming the US.

My understanding is:

Such people cannot vote.

They are not eligible for welfare. Don’t know about Social Security. Don’t you have to contribute to qualify for Social Security?

They tend to work AND pay taxes

They do the menial work many US citizens will not do.

They are often shamefully exploited, being paid below an already egregiously low minimum wage.–The 2019 minimum wage in the US is a bit over $7.25, in Alabama and several other states. The highest is $12.00 in California, and a few other states.

Federal minimun wage in Australia , 2019 is $18.93.

Re: “Pete Navarro, advisor to President Trump said today that one of Mexico’s main exports to the US is illegal aliens.”

Undocumented immigrants from Mexico, has been net zero in recent years. IOW, as many Mexicans have left as have come here. But the righties don’t care about saying things that are true and accurate. They care about making sound bite narratives that serve their propaganda purposes.

The dramatic surge in immigrants that we have seen lately are mostly from Central American countries not Mexico.

“The dramatic surge in immigrants that we have seen lately are mostly from Central American countries not Mexico.”

Ah, I didn’t know that. I think an acceptable ignorance for a foreigner. To me, unacceptable in a presidential advisor. One is left thinking, deeply ignorant, inordinately stupid or a bare faced lair. From what I’v read about the Trump administration, I guess it could be all three. .

Do you have any idea what proportion of existing illegal immigrants are Mexicans? Is the claim technically untrue? Or is there no way of knowing with any accuracy?

It could be all 3, but it is the shameless, perpetual lies that work for him. We live in a world where truth should be more accessible to all than ever before, yet that is overcome by the accessibility and incessant delivery of lies.