The Vanishing Legacy of Barack Obama

Hey Write 4u, I am anti war. How do you like them apples?

Can’t return the volley

No need . The sound of “ANTI-WAR” is music to my ears.

Very common with the pseudo left. Can’t say the words

Don’t ruin it now. You were doing so good there.

Yes I am. You still can’t come up with a retort

And Biden keeps the killing machine well oiled

What is it you are attempting to communicate DJ? We here at this forum, and pretty much everyone, is aware that American Presidents drop bombs. There is not an echo chamber here that keeps out facts like that or anything else you presented in this thread, so you’re comment, “definitely not to be part of the echo chamber on this forum” makes no sense.

You skirt up against constructive dialog on occassion, but even when you do, you pepper it with insults and claims of how you are holier and we all need to just hear you. Often, it seems that is your only goal, to get attention.

I think this links in well with your call for collective wisdom

"The promise of lesser evilism in voting for Biden not only has not won the concessions that people in the U.S. hope for like debt forgiveness and meaningful coronavirus relief, but also perpetuates cycles of imperialist aggression, bombings, and drone strikes abroad. Ceasing imperialist wars and removing all U.S. troops are imperative to stopping the violence, in Somalia and all over the world, and would ultimately require a revolution right here in the heart of the imperial core. "

He listens to Faux News and OAN.

Getting the vaccine is a right wing talking point? I thought it was allegedly left, when health care is not politics. I had no idea health care had to be political, but Dumpster people have made it political. Why? I don’t know, but they have.

And why does write4u need a retort concerning anti-war? Why are you even demanding one? After all, it seems to me you two found common ground and here you are acting like a troll attempting to get a rise where there is no need due to common ground.

BTW, the Afghan war isn’t Biden’s “killing machine”. The war in the Middle East was actually started by the Shrub (AKA Bush Jr) after 9/11.

Most of your responses make no sense, especially in light of real history and finding common ground. IMHO, all you are attempting to do is troll on this forum and it’s about to get you a warning or even a brief time of not being able to post.

"And why does write4u need a retort concerning anti-war? Why are you even demanding one? "

I don’t mind if one comes or not. I just found it quite telling that the retort came in the form an of anti vax slant.

I don’t think you care about much of anything, other than your own feelings of knowing more than a half dozen people that you have never met. I don’t where that quote came from, but it doesn’t understand what the “lesser evil” is. It lists several non-evil things that no President has accomplished in 70 years. Although I’d argue there has been some corona relief, but I don’t care if I lose that argument. You, DJ, that’s the only thing you care about, and you will eventually either walk away from here or be banned, confident that you won.

The title of the org includes “Inquiry”, not “winning”. Try shifting your goals.

Which he doesn’t know more than anyone else.

Yes. Emphasis on his feelings, not on his knowledge. I’m perfectly happy to be educated. I don’t care if someone claims that they “owned” me. On this forum, the rules reflect the values of that second sentence, not the third one.

1 Like

I find it quite telling why you are hesitant to inform people if you have had a vaccination or not. From your attitude I suspect you have not. Am I right or wrong?

Will you even tell me the truth if you haven’t?

As it stands I am suspicious that you may be toxic to be around in more ways than just intellectually.

I had a mild case of Covid before the vaccines were available. 3 days in hospital.

I am now vaccinated , double dose, and I am planning to get a booster as soon as it is available. In spite of my own immunity I still wear a mask to protect others .

I can shout it from the rooftops; “I AM VIRUS FREE AND NOT TOXIC TO ANYONE ELSE”.
I like my friends to know that they can hug me safely, Makes me feel good.

How about you? Care to share?

It would give us another good thing we have in common.

And you want to accomplish that by violent means? And this from the person who is anti-war? Don’t you see the sad irony in your confused thought patterns.

The US has legitimate peaceful means of changing leadership. It’s called “election by popular vote”. Something the madman Trump never believed in.

But you would discard the peaceful method and replace it with violent overthrow of the bad, bad government, which was elected by an orderly process allowing a “supposedly” informed citizenry to make free choice whom they want to be represented by.

And replace it with what??? If you cannot answer that question, what are you doing here? Advocating insurrection? Take off those blinders, man. You are not making any sense at all. And if you are making sense, you are a scary person.

You’ve been took, or you are just another taker. We had 4 years of that and it’s over with… :sunglasses:

The lesser evil quote touches on what you are calling for in not focusing on the individual for blame. The realization that voting on personality, voting without real distinction between the Partys is a useless exercise to bring real change.

An objective truth that feeds into the collective wisdom of the proletariat for material change.

Yes a revolution at home starting with rejection of reactionary politics and abandoning the two pro big business Parties and forming a real workers Party. Change through occupation as bit like what XR are doing, civil disobedience, not only physical space but occupation of the space in people’s minds with education and pushing back on the ruling class framing of how the world works and why things happen by providing explantions through class analysis.

It will take strikes, collective actions and solidarity from workers across different industries and at times violence to fight for worker rights when the State inevitably responds to crush the movement with violence.