The RNC Is Transforming Into Trump's Law Firm

:pensive:

Republicans Prepare a New Wave of Legal Attacks on Voting

By Marc Elias

March 20, 2024

"… Whatever achievements Ronna McDaniel had as RNC chair, executing an effective legal strategy was not one of them. Four years ago, when I began litigating a series of cases aimed at reducing race and age discrimination in mail-in voting and ballot counting, the Republican Party was caught flat footed.

At first the GOP largely sat on the sidelines. Then, in February 2020, McDaniel announcedthat the RNC would spend $10 million fighting against these cases. When the pandemic began and my litigation was succeeding, the RNC doubled its commitment to $20 million and promised to “spend whatever is necessary” to block our litigation efforts. It was only in May of that year that the RNC filed its first anti-voting lawsuit, according to Democracy Docket’s case database.

Republicans now routinely point to the outcome of the cases I filed as one reason Trump was defeated. They have become a key part of their false rallying cry of voter fraud and an integral part of election denialism upon which the “Big Lie” is based.

Bolstered by his three new hires, Whatley has promised to “work around the clock to file aggressive litigation where needed.”

As a result, I have come to occupy an odd place in the Republican Party’s fevered imagination. …

By Isabella Murray and Hannah Demissie

March 15, 2024, 12:28 PM

In the week since Michael Whatley and Lara Trump took control of the Republican National Committee, significant moves have been made to reshape the organization in Donald Trump’s image.

That includes a renewed focus on “election integrity” – a chief priority for the presumptive GOP nominee, who continues to lie about the 2020 election, as he gears up for what’s expected to be a tight 2024 rematch against President Joe Biden.

To help spearhead the effort, the RNC has brought on Christina Bobb, a former One America News Network reporter-turned-Trump attorney who also espoused unfounded claims of election fraud in the last presidential cycle.

Lara Trump, the former president’s daughter-in-law, announced earlier this week the creation of a “first-ever” election integrity division at the RNC. …

Democracy Use It Or Lose It. Lordie knows the MAGA GOP is using every tool at they can find, to work on reducing your Right to Vote.