Tea party motivation

I thought I saw a posting here recently questioning the motivation of the “Tea Party”.
I think the following Buffalo News editorial gives a decent explanation of this.
http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/buffalo-news-editorials/opposition-to-the-tide-of-social-change-sweeping-america-is-a-threat-to-gop-20131101

I thought I saw a posting here recently questioning the motivation of the "Tea Party". I think the following Buffalo News editorial gives a decent explanation of this. http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/buffalo-news-editorials/opposition-to-the-tide-of-social-change-sweeping-america-is-a-threat-to-gop-20131101
Fear of Change is really the motivator for conservatives in general. The world is becoming more liberal every day, and they're lost. The Tea Party IMHO just represents what a bunch of rich conservatives can accomplish with a bunch of poor/dumb conservatives. I can't say I blame many of the tea partiers for just that reason. They're generally religious and stupid, neither of which is a crime, but both of which allows them to be lead like cattle to certain ends, usually against their own interests. Actually I feel pity more than anything else.

Yes the general strata of the Tea Party “adherents” are guys in their 40s-60s.
They were the ones who jumped on the Reagan bandwagon and ate all that stuff up for decades.
They bought the whole Conservative Buffet. Many were the Reagan Democrats.
Many traded in their stake in Labor for some cornball vision of Rugged individualism and “Lower Taxes”. :lol:
And now we have the Tea Party, which are those same guys who are now pissed and disillusioned.
“Where’s the rewards?” “What happened?” “Why didn’t this trickle down stuff work?”
Their factories got sent overseas. Their pensions lost value. Their stupid Small Business plans didn’t work out.
Not because of taxes or regulations-no because their business plans were stupid. They were told that anyone can start a business and be successful. Even if there are already 20 CPAs or Pizzerias or Contractors in their town.
Even if they didn’t know the first thing about Pet Grooming or Auto mechanics-they were told that they could be businessmen.
They are seeing the same old politics as usual.
And they don’t know how to channel this. So they have grabbed a hold of yet another hollow Meme.
Don’t Tread on Me Flags. Revolutionary War memorabilia. Libertarianism. “Freedom” “Constitution”!!
That’s the facts. These are disgruntled Reagan Era Kool-Aid drinkers. Now the bill’s come due!!

Yes the general strata of the Tea Party "adherents" are guys in their 40s-60s. They were the ones who jumped on the Reagan bandwagon and ate all that stuff up for decades. They bought the whole Conservative Buffet. Many were the Reagan Democrats. Many traded in their stake in Labor for some cornball vision of Rugged individualism and "Lower Taxes". :lol: And now we have the Tea Party, which are those same guys who are now pissed and disillusioned. "Where's the rewards?" "What happened?" "Why didn't this trickle down stuff work?" Their factories got sent overseas. Their pensions lost value. Their stupid Small Business plans didn't work out. Not because of taxes or regulations-no because their business plans were stupid. They were told that anyone can start a business and be successful. Even if there are already 20 CPAs or Pizzerias or Contractors in their town. Even if they didn't know the first thing about Pet Grooming or Auto mechanics-they were told that they could be businessmen. They are seeing the same old politics as usual. And they don't know how to channel this. So they have grabbed a hold of yet another hollow Meme. Don't Tread on Me Flags. Revolutionary War memorabilia. Libertarianism. "Freedom" "Constitution"!! That's the facts. These are disgruntled Reagan Era Kool-Aid drinkers. Now the bill's come due!!
They will never admitvthat the bill's come due on their actions. They will ALWAYS blame it on social programs. Tea partiers are laissez faire capitalists, through and through. They are never going to change or see reason. They will never see what their economic philosophy is costing the country nor do they care who has to pay the bills-- as long as it isn't themselves or their cronies. Lois

Now that was a pretty good set of observations.
Might I add that many of these Tea Partiers seriously believe they understand the Will of God Almighty.
As opposed to seeing the whole religious thing and god as an intra-personal thing between oneself and how they order reality for themselves.
Does that make sense.
It’s one thing to believe in god an ephemeral unknowable idea - as opposed to believing one is God’s soldier.