What Are The Republicans Up To?

I’ve seen various articles and heard various pundits regarding why there are so many Repub candidates. The usual reason has to do with making money…books, higher speaking fees, etc. but not really serious about actually ever BEING potus. I wonder if there’s another motive though. I mean Repubs are brute pack animals. As the Daily Show et al have pointed out, they often speak from the same exact talking points memo distributed to the pack by the likes of Rove and Armie. There even was a gathering of Repub leaders at the very beginning of Obama’s term to discuss what steps they all could take to basically stop him in his tracks. (I’m sure the N word was hinted at many times.)
So I’m thinking this goofy clown show they’re running may not be what it seems…a goofy clown show. As with most things in politics…follow the money. Could this be a coordinated effort to get a bunch of candidates out there to suck up as much in donations as possible, then funnel it all in the one candidate that’s been preselected to be the final choice? Other ideas?

I don’t think that money given to one candidates campaign can be shoved over to another candidate. However, money for super packs can easily do this. They just change who they are backing.
I think it’s more about individuals trying to increase their status with peticular portion of the party faithful. Then they have a lucrative loyal market share for books, speeches, TV appearances, etc. The GOP is rather divided between tea party nuts, libertarian nuts, and fundemental religious nuts. I think this process of so many candidates actually sucks up a lot of money that could have backed the most electable candidate, but the party can’t agree on who that is. It also creates a GOP primary process that shows prominent republicans saying things and supporting stances that are not appealing or completely turn off the general electorate. This is all very good for Hillary in my opinion.

As usual, this has the party faithful chasing their tails looking for a viable candidate to take on Hillary. Rand Paul has definitely fallen out of favor for jumping ship on the Patriot Act but like a horse race with a crowded field it’s too early to tell. It did increase his popularity with the Libertarians though. Watching the daily polls shows one over the other candidate by a narrow margin depending on the latest gaff or fear quote. Can’t wait for the debates to begin but where to find a stage big enough to hold them all? A stadium perhaps. Most conservatives here like Bush or Walker, for now.
Cap’t Jack

Think Hillary has a chance?

She is comfortably ahead of any candidate, democrat or republican in the polls right now. The real question is can any of the GOP candidates conceivably beat her in a general election. Jeb is the only one who has any chance, and she is ahead of him in polls also.

She is comfortably ahead of any candidate, democrat or republican in the polls right now. The real question is can any of the GOP candidates conceivably beat her in a general election. Jeb is the only one who has any chance, and she is ahead of him in polls also.
Oh lordie and Jeb's the best they can muster. :grrr: Well only 17 months left in the campaign - it'll be interesting… how far can we devolve before we melt down.

I’m afraid that at this point Jeb and Scott are about it, that is if the GOP leaders want to draw in the moderates who could potentially put their candidate over the top, but I still believe that Hillary will soundly defeat (fill in the blank with your favorite conservative). Now Rick Perry is having a go again. I wonder if he’ll get those three agencies he wants to defund right this time. Maybe if he writes them on his hand. Of course the Dep’t of Education was his first choice. “We don’t need no education”! If he wins it’s guns the death penalty and jeebus throughout the land. Texas Rising.
Cap’t Jack

The Republican motto: If you cain’t beat 'em, cheat 'em.

Well, the clown car now has a driver; the head clown just threw his auburn wig into the ring. Donald Trump has added his name to his fellow conservative AGW deniers with a bombastic speech promising a stronger military, kicking out the drug dealing immigrants, ending “Obama care”, taking back Washington from the politicians (WTF?) and he can do it because he’s a billionaire! Fact is they need this bottom feeder in order to make the serious candidates look good, you know, less right wing nutish. Trump swears that the climate change politicians are just out for our tax money. It’s a conspiracy by those money grubbing scientists with their Ivy League degrees. The sad thing is that he can spew this BS and get away with it because no one takes him seriously, not even members of his own party.

Cap’t Jack

Well, the clown car now has a driver; the head clown just threw his auburn wig into the ring. Donald Trump has added his name to his fellow conservative AGW deniers with a bombastic speech promising a stronger military, kicking out the drug dealing immigrants, ending "Obama care", taking back Washington from the politicians (WTF?) and he can do it because he's a billionaire! Fact is they need this bottom feeder in order to make the serious candidates look good, you know, less right wing nutish. Trump swears that the climate change politicians are just out for our tax money. It's a conspiracy by those money grubbing scientists with their Ivy League degrees. The sad thing is that he can spew this BS and get away with it because no one takes him seriously, not even members of his own party. http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/01/donald-trump-global-warming-polar-vortex Cap't Jack
Yep, Trump likes destruction of (waterfront) property. He can then buy it cheap from the poor souls who believed him that AGW is a myth. He is so good at conning that he even cons himself.
He is so good at conning that he even cons himself.
And he's not alone, Bobby Jindal and Rick Scott are both climate deniers and their States are slowly disappearing beneath the waves at the rate of a foot a year. The question is, why are science and politics at odds when we need to close the gap now before we reach the tipping point? Cap't Jack
Well, the clown car now has a driver; the head clown just threw his auburn wig into the ring. Donald Trump has added his name to his fellow conservative AGW deniers with a bombastic speech promising a stronger military, kicking out the drug dealing immigrants, ending "Obama care", taking back Washington from the politicians (WTF?) and he can do it because he's a billionaire! Fact is they need this bottom feeder in order to make the serious candidates look good, you know, less right wing nutish. Trump swears that the climate change politicians are just out for our tax money. It's a conspiracy by those money grubbing scientists with their Ivy League degrees. The sad thing is that he can spew this BS and get away with it because no one takes him seriously, not even members of his own party. http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/01/donald-trump-global-warming-polar-vortex Cap't Jack
Interesting. He knows so little about the Constitution and separation of powers that he thinks the President has the ability to do those things and he's stupid enough to try. He's an idiot when it comes to politics and government. He knows how to make money, and nothing else. He belongs in Vegas. They should fence him in and gag him. Lois
Interesting. He knows so little about the Constitution and separation of powers that he thinks the President has the ability to do those things and he’s stupid enough to try. He’s an idiot when it comes to politics and government. He knows how to make money, and nothing else. He belongs in Vegas. They should fence him in and gag him.
Well, he does know about bankruptcy! Yeah, we could have a president who could conceivably bankrupt the government. But he swears he will wrest control of the economy from China. Of course that'll only happen when WalMart shuts down. Cap't Jack
Interesting. He knows so little about the Constitution and separation of powers that he thinks the President has the ability to do those things and he’s stupid enough to try. He’s an idiot when it comes to politics and government. He knows how to make money, and nothing else. He belongs in Vegas. They should fence him in and gag him.
Well, he does know about bankruptcy! Yeah, we could have a president who could conceivably bankrupt the government. But he swears he will wrest control of the economy from China. Of course that'll only happen when WalMart shuts down. Cap't Jack
We already had one (GW) and the finacial engineers who caused the economic collapse in the US, the rich guys, who were rewarded for their crimes with a nice BIG no-strings dole-out. Did anyone ever do time in jail as a result of the criminal (creative) financial manipulations? A bookkeeper maybe. Trump believes he can make money on this deal and he is pitching his spiel to get his piece of the pie. Democracy? My ass is more democratic than the Ayn Rand Capitalists, I don't crap on people, I use the toilet.

Well, if Trump gets the numbers to be in the first debate on fox, it will be hard to resist watching. He certainly adds further evidence of how unhinged the GOP really is. This will hurt the party by making it a joke.

We already had one (GW) and the finacial engineers who caused the economic collapse in the US, the rich guys, who were rewarded for their crimes with a nice BIG no-strings dole-out. Did anyone ever do time in jail as a result of the criminal (creative) financial manipulations? A bookkeeper maybe. Trump believes he can make money on this deal and he is pitching his spiel to get his piece of the pie. Democracy? My ass is more democratic than the Ayn Rand Capitalists, I don’t crap on people, I use the toilet. [ Edited: 16 June 2015 09:42 PM by Write4U ]
In fact we've had several in the last century and a half. We've entered a new guilded age with the demise of unions and the rise of monopolies that are so powerful they control political candidates, and now with Trump, a modern robber baron who has declared his candidacy. He's so wealthy that he hired his own crowd to cheer for him at his announcement! And right there with you on Ayn Rand capitalists BTW. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-a-weil/too-big-fails_b_6041478.html Cap't Jack

Enough with the Ayn Rand knocks. Just because someone says they follow Ayn Rand doesn’t mean they got her philosophy right. Underlying her ideas is the notion of Rational Self Interest. And that precludes what she’s been accused of promoting, namely the strong walking all over the weak, as capitalists nowadays do. They’re scumbags pure and simple, and they twist a certain philosophy that lends itself to their type of twisting (and is just wrong in many many ways).