Question for all members

Trump may have friends, but he's not really part of the establishment and if he's really here to tear it all down he's going to anger a large percentage of the population.
"Establishment" to me means the common system that both parties share, the lobbyists that get their way with Deems and Reps. Military for example. Trump is not "draining the swamp" as far as I can see. It looks like by "establishment" he meant "their lobbyists". He was using a code word for "their spending", "their issues". What do you mean by "establishment"? He's not part of either the long term Democratic or Republican party systems, he's jumped around to whatever suits him at the time. He may have personal ties to some people within those groups, but he hasn't spent the time building the networks other contenders for office have. He's used that to claim he's an outsider- which he is - to gain support from people tired of empty promises. But he's an outsider from the lunatic fringe that has plans to take us all there, he's not even part of the social establishment even if he "socializes" with them. He may even assault some of them given the opportunity. In a way he's an outsider to his own species, as any psychopath is. He certainly has no claim to being a responsible leader in any sense. He offers change, but it's at the cost of the chaos he's about to bring down on all of us.
Trump is also being scathing about the media, he's created a hostile environment in which to operate and there's more than enough dirt on him to cover many news cycles. Get ready to hear more about women he's sexually assaulted, connection to people like Putin, racist comments and policies and more. The office of President isn't just a managerial position, it's also a reflection of the national character. How do you think many Americans are going to feel after a year or so of looking in the mirror and seeing the leering face of Trump smirking back? As thick as his skin, is by the time Trump leaves office he's going to be feeling all the disgust that millions of Americans already feel towards him. He's the focus and poster boy of what's worst about America not best. And every day he sits in the Oval Office will be a constant reminder of that to all Americans. Some might revel in that sickness, I'd venture most do not.
One of the first things dictators and wannabe dictators do is shut down the media.
As for trump and a lot of people like him, at least in this recent case there is a very unpleasant common denominator that seems to be at work here. Trump got elected to head of the US executive branch with a lot of help from Vladimir Putin and Julian Assange. What is it that may bring together these three seemingly totally unconnected people? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/22/alexander-litvinenko-slain-ex-kgb-spy-accused-puti/ http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/julian-assanges-arrest-warrant-rape-case-upheld-sweden-court-n649296 http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/10/15/a-look-at-the-women-making-allegations-against-trump_n_12503064.html They're all predators and we're the prey.
Too bad the pray has been domesticated by Hollywood and PR land, consumerism and a good time, now they are fat and lazy, eyes and ears don't work so well either. I wish I'm wrong and that a great awakening is happening, but it feels like it did back a few weeks and months ago trying to figure when Clinton and Democrats were going to start seriously campaigning and connecting with people. Guess she was too busy thinking of being on top of the world, to notice Trump packed stadiums and to focus on doing the work need to get there. Repeating the same f'n stump speech endlessly isn't 'the work' it's filling time. I'm still in disgusted shock. And the crap that's starting to get normalized. Now our Russian Obligate President-elect of the new Corporation of American, goes on another tweet bender, about of all things Flag Burning, jesus f'n christ how childish can you get. Okay, I know distraction is the game. Guess that people are so simple to fall of it all the time, is what gets me. Yeah, this where the Alt-righter would jump in eye's flaring, How dare you insult my Flag?!!! Here's a knuckle sandwich, smash. Big people defending the honor of the US Flag -> all the while acting more like brown shirts on Putin's payroll than anything our Founding Fathers would recognize. http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/11/profiles-in-treason-citizens-united.html
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and thousands of American immediately protested the election of Trump. There's already a very powerful opposition to Trump in the US, it's only going to grow.
Let's hope. It will have to come from Democrats. His Republican toadies will never grow a backbone. They'll grovel and kiss ass to the bitter end.
Trump may have friends, but he's not really part of the establishment and if he's really here to tear it all down he's going to anger a large percentage of the population.
"Establishment" to me means the common system that both parties share, the lobbyists that get their way with Deems and Reps. Military for example. Trump is not "draining the swamp" as far as I can see. It looks like by "establishment" he meant "their lobbyists". He was using a code word for "their spending", "their issues". What do you mean by "establishment"? He's not part of either the long term Democratic or Republican party systems, he's jumped around to whatever suits him at the time. He may have personal ties to some people within those groups, but he hasn't spent the time building the networks other contenders for office have. He's used that to claim he's an outsider- which he is - to gain support from people tired of empty promises. But he's an outsider from the lunatic fringe that has plans to take us all there, he's not even part of the social establishment even if he "socializes" with them. He may even assault some of them given the opportunity. In a way he's an outsider to his own species, as any psychopath is. He certainly has no claim to being a responsible leader in any sense. He offers change, but it's at the cost of the chaos he's about to bring down on all of us. But his Republican toadies lap it up and ask for more.

We keep hearing about the “white working class”

I have a few questions about the “White working Class” we keep hearing about, who are so didatisfied with democrats that they voted for Trump in droves.

Somehow America’s largest demographic group caught the country by surprise this year.
The “white working class” has received enormous attention since Election Day thanks to its critical role in electing Donald Trump the next president. Exit polls show he won this group — defined as white adults over 25 without a four-year degree — by an overwhelming margin of 39 percentage points.
Census data show that 42 percent of American are part of the white working class, bigger than any other single group.
Yet although this demographic acted with surprising uniformity on Election Day — few other groups swung so far toward a particular party’s direction since 2012 — it is far from monolithic. And it is certainly doesn’t match the stereotype of the rural, blue-collar worker that has often been cited as a typical member of the white working class.
What’s the difference between “white working class” and “black or Latino working class” or any category of working class?
What makes the “white working class” deserving of special treatment?
What has been done for the other categories of working classes that has not been done for the “white working class”?
When people talk about “doing something” or “not doing anything” for the “white working class” what do they mean? What can a politician do if companies move or build their operations in places where labor is cheaper usually outside the country? Do these things affect only white workers and not non-white workers?
What will happen to other working classes when “something” is done for the “white working class”? Does that mean other working classes will not receive the same consideration? What is it about the “white working class” that separates it from other categories of working classes?
I, for one, resent this division of working classes. Why should white workers be considered more deserving of help than others? If there is no difference, why talk about the “white working class” especially without explaining what the difference is from other working classes?
What specifically did Trump promise to do for the “white working class” that the Democrats have failed to do? I can’t imagine that Trump has ever spent a second of his life worrying about any workers. Why should he now be considered a working class savior?
What did either if the Bushes or Reagan do for any working classes that Democrats failed to do?
Have the working classes been sold a bill of goods? Do they even know what they want politicians to do for them besides the impossible task of “creating jobs” for them? What do they want, and does the “white working class” want and/or deserve some consideration the other working classes don’t want and don’t deserve?
I wish someone could explain it to me.
Lois

If you don’t know and have to ask, you must be a democrat.

As for trump and a lot of people like him, at least in this recent case there is a very unpleasant common denominator that seems to be at work here. Trump got elected to head of the US executive branch with a lot of help from Vladimir Putin and Julian Assange. What is it that may bring together these three seemingly totally unconnected people? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/22/alexander-litvinenko-slain-ex-kgb-spy-accused-puti/ http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/julian-assanges-arrest-warrant-rape-case-upheld-sweden-court-n649296 http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/10/15/a-look-at-the-women-making-allegations-against-trump_n_12503064.html They're all predators and we're the prey.
Too bad the pray has been domesticated by Hollywood and PR land, consumerism and a good time, now they are fat and lazy, eyes and ears don't work so well either. I wish I'm wrong and that a great awakening is happening, but it feels like it did back a few weeks and months ago trying to figure when Clinton and Democrats were going to start seriously campaigning and connecting with people. Guess she was too busy thinking of being on top of the world, to notice Trump packed stadiums and to focus on doing the work need to get there. Repeating the same f'n stump speech endlessly isn't 'the work' it's filling time. I'm still in disgusted shock. And the crap that's starting to get normalized. Now our Russian Obligate President-elect of the new Corporation of American, goes on another tweet bender, about of all things Flag Burning, jesus f'n christ how childish can you get. Okay, I know distraction is the game. Guess that people are so simple to fall of it all the time, is what gets me. Yeah, this where the Alt-righter would jump in eye's flaring, How dare you insult my Flag?!!! Here's a knuckle sandwich, smash. Big people defending the honor of the US Flag -> all the while acting more like brown shirts on Putin's payroll than anything our Founding Fathers would recognize. http://citizenschallenge.blogspot.com/2016/11/profiles-in-treason-citizens-united.html Distraction is the entire point, we're not supposed to look at the man behind the mask because what's there is hellish. The potential really is there for Trump to kill off the USA, people from all side of the political spectrum need to wake the hell up and fast.
Trump is also being scathing about the media, he's created a hostile environment in which to operate and there's more than enough dirt on him to cover many news cycles. Get ready to hear more about women he's sexually assaulted, connection to people like Putin, racist comments and policies and more. The office of President isn't just a managerial position, it's also a reflection of the national character. How do you think many Americans are going to feel after a year or so of looking in the mirror and seeing the leering face of Trump smirking back? As thick as his skin, is by the time Trump leaves office he's going to be feeling all the disgust that millions of Americans already feel towards him. He's the focus and poster boy of what's worst about America not best. And every day he sits in the Oval Office will be a constant reminder of that to all Americans. Some might revel in that sickness, I'd venture most do not.
The first thing a dictator or wannabe dictator does is shut down the press. I see Trump trying to do this.
If you don’t know and have to ask, you must be a democrat.
And if you think you know and don't have to ask you must be a Republican.
The first thing a dictator or wannabe dictator does is shut down the press. I see Trump trying to do this. He may try but he's just heading one branch of government, I seriously doubt that even many members of the Republicans would support that. An executive order can't override the Constitution and as we saw repeatedly with the Tea Party, Congress can defund the nation if it's pissed at the White House enough. My bet is there will be a Democratic Congress after 2018...if Trump is still in the Oval Office. As I've been saying, Trump isn't even a Republican insider, he's going to find it very lonely in the White House as he begins to try and impose his version of America. Getting into office as an act of defiance doesn't give him the legality to continue to act out that defiance. And all eyes are going to be on him in a way not seen before. The real danger here is opponents of the US using the chaos he's going to create to make gains that will bring less stability across the globe. This will likely be one of the most contentious Presidencies in US history because I also doubt many Americans support Trump's policies, Moore had it right. Voting Trump was a way for many people to say F.U. to the establishment, but they still have to live in the US. When Trump starts taking a knife to things that millions of Americans still cherish they'll want his blood. And even then he can only do so much with executive power, he needs the support of Congress and we saw in the election how reluctant most Republicans were to associate with him at all. Even they sense what a psychopath he really is.
He may try but he's just heading one branch of government, I seriously doubt that even many members of the Republicans would support that. An executive order can't override the Constitution and as we saw repeatedly with the Tea Party, Congress can defund the nation if it's pissed at the White House enough. My bet is there will be a Democratic Congress after 2018...if Trump is still in the Oval Office. As I've been saying, Trump isn't even a Republican insider, he's going to find it very lonely in the White House as he begins to try and impose his version of America. Getting into office as an act of defiance doesn't give him the legality to continue to act out that defiance. And all eyes are going to be on him in a way not seen before. The real danger here is opponents of the US using the chaos he's going to create to make gains that will bring less stability across the globe. This will likely be one of the most contentious Presidencies in US history because I also doubt many Americans support Trump's policies, Moore had it right. Voting Trump was a way for many people to say F.U. to the establishment, but they still have to live in the US. When Trump starts taking a knife to things that millions of Americans still cherish they'll want his blood. And even then he can only do so much with executive power, he needs the support of Congress and we saw in the election how reluctant most Republicans were to associate with him at all. Even they sense what a psychopath he really is.
I wish you would stop calling the president to be a psychopath. It is way off base and creates the problem of having to come up with a new word to describe the democratic party movements. But you are not that far off of the Midwest views of New Yorkers. Californians are just plain crazy. I will take your bet on the 2018 Democratic Congress. I bet there will be less democrats in Congress after the election because the democrats are slow learners. Nancy Pelosi is proof.

Is Trump a psychopath, decide for yourself;

The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are: glib and superficial charm grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self need for stimulation pathological lying cunning and manipulativeness lack of remorse or guilt shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness) callousness and lack of empathy parasitic lifestyle poor behavioral controls sexual promiscuity early behavior problems lack of realistic long-term goals impulsivity irresponsibility failure to accept responsibility for own actions many short-term marital relationships juvenile delinquency revocation of conditional release criminal versatility
I wish you would stop calling the president to be a psychopath. It is way off base and creates the problem of having to come up with a new word to describe the democratic party movements. But you are not that far off of the Midwest views of New Yorkers. Californians are just plain crazy. I will take your bet on the 2018 Democratic Congress. I bet there will be less democrats in Congress after the election because the democrats are slow learners. Nancy Pelosi is proof.
To be clear I'm not referring to Donald Trump as a psychopath because of his politics as apparently this poster would. I'm referring to Donald Trump as a psychopath because he strongly demonstrates the traits most closely associated with the diagnosis of psychopath. As do the people he seems to admire and work with such as Vladimir Putin and Julian Assange. I'm also not condemning broad swaths of the population due to their location or political affiliation, which I think is idiotic...
Is Trump a psychopath, decide for yourself; http://www.encyclopedia.com/psychology/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/hare-psychopathy-checklist
The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are: glib and superficial charm grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self need for stimulation pathological lying cunning and manipulativeness lack of remorse or guilt shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness) callousness and lack of empathy parasitic lifestyle poor behavioral controls sexual promiscuity early behavior problems lack of realistic long-term goals impulsivity irresponsibility failure to accept responsibility for own actions many short-term marital relationships juvenile delinquency revocation of conditional release criminal versatility
That sums it up nicely.
Is Trump a psychopath, decide for yourself; http://www.encyclopedia.com/psychology/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/hare-psychopathy-checklist
That sums it up nicely. Where's the part about Trump being a documented Pathological Liar? Guess that's a different psychopath. Mike, I know that Republicans have a way of totally ignoring what they don't like and Truth don't matter one bit anymore. So get pissed if people call Trump bad names, if they are descriptive and accurate we damned well ought to keep reminding people of what a fraud America got tricked in handing our government over to. (actually looking more and more like the election was actually rigged by Russia, but who cares. So long as the America's new Russian Obligate President tells people what they want to hear? Righties don't care about that stuff like integrity and honesty anymore. ) But that don't make it right or sane.
Where's the part about Trump being a documented Pathological Liar? Guess that's a different psychopath. Mike, I know that Republicans have a way of totally ignoring what they don't like and Truth don't matter one bit anymore. So get pissed if people call Trump bad names, if they are descriptive and accurate we damned well ought to keep reminding people of what a fraud America got tricked in handing our government over to. (actually looking more and more like the election was actually rigged by Russia, but who cares. So long as the America's new Russian Obligate President tells people what they want to hear? Righties don't care about that stuff like integrity and honesty anymore. ) But that don't make it right or sane.
Unless you are a highly devoted Christian or a Buddha, you have just described everyone from 16 to 60 living in the country. Grow up on the Russia controlling our votes. The problem is we have so many secret operations with no oversite that we very well could be posing as Russians. After all who’s system is it and who has required backdoors and has the keys? One thing that you should understand. Computer systems are the most secure thing for data and communication in the world. It is our government that requires them not to be totally secure by law. So stop blaming the Republicans and Russians. As far as Trump telling the people what they want to hear. I think he is going to be saying a lot of things you really don’t want to hear but will be good for the county. What you should be happy for is that we now have one party in full control which is going to be needed for any real action on climate control.
Well heck, that means half the rock stars we adore are psychopaths. The one element I don't see is something about not knowing, or a lack of self-awareness. For example, I'm guessing most psychopaths don't think to themselves, hey, I'm gonna really be psychopathic today. Drumpf by comparison seems to have these traits BUT also the self-awareness that they are just "tools" so to speak that are part of his business acumen.

CuthbertJ:
Well heck, that means half the rock stars we adore are psychopaths.
Could be, but at least they don’t have any political power.
The one element I don’t see is something about not knowing, or a lack of self-awareness. For example, I’m guessing most psychopaths don’t think to themselves, hey, I’m gonna really be psychopathic today. Drumpf by comparison seems to have these traits BUT also the self-awareness that they are just “tools" so to speak that are part of his business acumen.
Business flim-flam, I call it.

CuthbertJ: Well heck, that means half the rock stars we adore are psychopaths. Could be, but at least they don't have any political power.
Actually they do...tons of money and huge constant audiences.
The one element I don’t see is something about not knowing, or a lack of self-awareness. For example, I’m guessing most psychopaths don’t think to themselves, hey, I’m gonna really be psychopathic today. Drumpf by comparison seems to have these traits BUT also the self-awareness that they are just “tools" so to speak that are part of his business acumen. Business flim-flam, I call it.
Well ya, that's what WE call it. Business folks call it acumen and value it.