Pretty mindblowing interview re: Alabama miners strike

Cut short and the rest is paywalled but pretty astounding stuff in here; striking miners are being attacked by trucks and cars driving into them and the police are standing by doing nothing essentially. Like something out of the labour disputes of the 19th century. They’ll be calling in the Pinkertons next. America…

Interesting that all you have is two sentences to share. If you were actually concerned why not add some explanations and details. Help educate us.

But I guess that would require the pea shooter to climb out of the shrubs and into the open, and actually stand up for something.

Although, I’ll admit, as my tramping days taught me, sitting back behind the shrubs can be an excellent time-out from which to observe the world passing by, unseen, unthreatened. Still, it’s no place I’d want to live.

Land Of The Free, Home of the Brave, The Great American Dream, Opportunity for everyone… eh?

Your point?

Police can’t really do much unless they kill somebody.

Police can’t really do much unless they kill somebody. -- OG
We don't want them to "do much". We want them to follow orders and comply with rules of engagement and apprehend and detain. We have a system that takes it from there. I know that also has problems, but our taxes aren't there to hire a band of thugs to suppress the population.

Strikes all around the country not reported in the media

Strikes all around the country not reported in the media
Shootings all around the country not reported in the media

Missing children and persons all around the country not reported in the media

Fatal automobile accidents all around the country not reported in the media

What’s your point?

Land Of The Free, Home of the Brave, The Great American Dream, Opportunity for everyone….. eh?
Yes, even in Alabama they are free, if they are brave enough, to find a new opportunity to reach for the great American dream.

I hear Amazon is hiring.