Holy frikkin Jeebus- T rump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-hes-taking-unproven-drug-hydroxychloroquine-to-prevent-coronavirus/ar-BB14gsdv?ocid=spartanntp

I am not kidding. This is not the pseudoscience/paranormal thread.

Our idiot DOTUS says "A lot of good things have come out about the hydroxy. A lot of good things have come out. You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it. I happen to be taking it, I happen to be taking it… I’m taking it hydroxychloroquine, right now.”

He has been taking it for 2 weeks. A fat old man taking a powerful medicine with proven potential bad side effects, but no proven efficacy re: COVID-19. What could go wrong?

But I have to give him credit for being a “warrior”. He has put himself on the front lines of self-experimentation.

Now if he would just go out and prance around with known C-19 carriers, he could be doing his own personal human challenge trial on the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine.

On the downside, this will probably encourage many of those among his loyal following to do the same. Man, even when he tries hard to do something good for America, he just increases the likelihood of more unnecessary deaths.

Seriously, folks, how can any of you continue to support this freak?

He has been taking it for 2 weeks.
How do you know he is not lying just to get you, and Cavuto at Fox, jumping up and down like banshees? Cavuto is asking for it. I never liked him. He is full of himself judging from the way he is perfectly turned out dressed to kill. He was unhinged and spent a whole 20 minutes on his business channel to highlight Trump taking bad medicine. He should be fired. He is acting out like a wacko on an internet discussion forum instead of a TV anchor.

So, when will he say “psyche” and start laughing? Will he also point to my chest and then tweak my nose when I look.

Is it my imagination? Or do Trump’s jowls seem to be sagging more in the past couple of weeks? His eyes, now, seem sad. His odd hair is not so perfectly molded in place. Old people get older. Old people who take powerful but unneeded medications that have proven serious side effects tend to get older faster.

T rump has not aged, simply from being in the intense position of responsibility, like most real Presidents do, because he takes NO responsibility for anything that goes wrong, and always takes responsibility for what goes right, even if it is due to someone else.

But is he now aging from taking Hydroxychloroquine?

He also claimed that lots of frontline healthcare workers are taking it to protect themselves from getting C-19.

This may be the 50th time that he has hawked hydroxychloroquine. He must REALLY want everyone to take it. Does he or a family member or donator have a major stake in hydroxychloroquine?

If I were more partisan than humanist, I would say to his cultish followers - Take the holy medicine that your man of God has held up! Take it! What do you have to lose?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/can-hydroxychloroquine-prevent-covid-19-president-trump-thinks-maybe-theres-no-data-to-support-that/ar-BB14gRek?ocid=spartanntp

The roots of the Hydroxychloroquin craze apparently is a controversial microbiologist from France. The guy,

Didier Raoult, has denied climate change is happening and wrote a book declaring Darwin's theory of evolution was wrong...

(Raoult made a pro hydroxychloroquine video and) then posted two small studies of the drugs on COVID-19 patients that were quickly criticized by scientists because they had no control group, making it impossible to know if people who got the drugs recovered any faster than those who didn’t.

I guess Raoult’s climate change denial and denial of evolution was just too tasty for the likes of T rump not to eat it up.

He claims he’s taking it.

How do you know it’s not just another trump turd to rile up the left wing?

He lies about everything else, why in the world should we think he’s being honest about this.

I imagine it’s a much better bet that he’s trying to pump up some stocks.

It’s all a political ad for him.

I saw the letter from his doctor, posted on facebook but I think it’s real. The wording was very careful. It didn’t say he was actually taking it, it said he was okay with it. Really sucks to have to treat your President like a kid who is sneaking cigarettes out behind the shed.

T rump is the most notorious LIAR of our time, so ANYTHING he says at any time, might be a lie. In fact he said that he had been taking it 2 weeks, and that was changed to 1&1/2 weeks. So one of those is not true.

But I, too, believe he is taking it.

Honestly, I despise what he has done to my country so much that I hope he keeps taking it, because it is likely to lead to declines in his health. (I think that he richly deserves that natural consequence.)

But the horror of his action in this, like other actions and inactions of his, is that more unnecessary deaths may occur. In this case, he already has the example of the man who died taking chloroquine (though it was an aquarium cleaner) because T rump was touting it a while back. Now others will probably be following T rump’s example, and some may experience the truly unwanted side effect of death.

As far as the doctor being ok with T rump taking the substance, I would like to know if the doctor actually wrote a prescription for it. If not, is T rump just taking his doses from the stockpile without a prescription?

Either way, T rump’s control over his doctor is just more evidence of T rump’s pernicious ability to corrupt anyone in his close orbit. Given the opportunity, he has shown that he will choose corrupt types from the outset to work for him. But he eventually corrupts even the decent people around him. Very few escape that fate if they are around him for long.

I just saw where he took a Z-pak (antibiotic) when he started his regimen of Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc. The Z-pak would have required a prescription.

I think that it is unethical for a doctor to prescribe a powerful antibiotic for someone who has no apparent infection. It, no doubt destroyed a large portion of T rump’s healthy gut microbes. He may not be feeling quite up to par, while they re-coup. The zinc shouldn’t hurt him if he doesn’t take too much.

I think that he actually believes it can keep people from having bad effects from C-19. And I think he hopes that if he can manipulate enough of the public to take it, we could open the economy up SOON. And he SO desperately wants that because it could be his ticket to re-election.

But I would not be surprised if he also has some sort of economic stake in the medicine, if not directly, then thru a donor, or other crony, or relative.

Our irresponsible Freak was mask-less at the plant he visited today (tho he claimed he wore a mas in part of the facility when there were no cameras.)

He also said yesterday that he will be finished with his hydroxychloroquine regimen in a couple of days. So that would be tomorrow. T rump said it, so it might just be another lie. Who knows?

I wonder if he thinks he protected himself from the possible exposure he had a couple of weeks ago? He also said (in a confusing T rumpian way) that he tested negative to C-19 this morning.

It is notable that the tests that the White House uses, has an unacceptable amount of false negatives. I heard one expert liken the use of that Abbott test as a way to protect a POTUS, to having the Secret Service armed with squirt guns.

https://www.insider.com/woman-took-hydroxychloroquine-19-years-still-got-covid-19-2020-5

The title says it all. She takes it for lupus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/22/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-study/

A study of 96,000hospitalized coronavirus patients on six continents found that those who received an antimalarial drug promoted by President Trump as a “game changer” in the fight against the virus had a significantly higher risk of death compared with those who did not.

People treated with hydroxychloroquine, or the closely related drug chloroquine, were also more likely to develop a type of irregular heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, that can lead to sudden cardiac death, it concluded.

The study, published Friday in the medical journal the Lancet, is the largest analysis to date of the risks and benefits of treating covid-19 patients with antimalarial drugs. It is based on a retrospective analysis of medical records, not a controlled study in which patients are divided randomly into treatment groups — a method considered the gold standard of medicine. But the sheer size of the study was convincing to some scientists. “It’s one thing not to have benefit, but this shows distinct harm,” said Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute. “If there was ever hope for this drug, this is the death of it.”

IOW, T rump is a goofball, snake-oil-promoting, and dangerous, fool.

The wording was very careful. It didn’t say he was actually taking it, it said he was okay with it.
Oh yeah the leader of our country: "Maybe yes, maybe no, we shall see. I am your leader hear me roar"

Nothing like a leader who’s goal is disruption and vandalism - but we can’t say that can we?

He’s gotta be treated exactly the way every other president has been treated.

Which of course means throwing honesty and objectivity (not to mention American standards and ideals) out the window - but hey at least that way we won’t ruffle any feathers.

Lets all just tune into Friends and not worry about it.

• now isn’t that more soothing.

but hey at least that way we won’t ruffle any feathers.
Pretty sure it was NPR, because that's the only radio news I listen to, anyway, it was about Trumpster answering a question about wearing a mask at the Ford plant. Everyone knew he had one on until the cameras were on him. So, he hedged it, something like. 'yeah I did, but you aren't going to see it, fake news'. The reporter interpreted that and flat out called him on his lie, said he was admitting he accepted the value of masks, but didn't want media to portray him as accepting it. I'm glad this kind of straight forward calling him on his BS is finally get out there.

This is a recent fact check summary of T rump’s goofy and dangerous promotion of hydroxychloroquine use.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trump-misleads-on-hydroxychloroquine-again/