Political Optics

I’m getting tired of your dismissive posts otto. You don’t say much of any substance then accuse others of missing your point.

Speaking of leadership and Political Optics, this one screams out.

Pay attention after 4:00min: the long shadow of the Cult, beware of the Jonestown Syndrome.

Former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence Frank Figliuzzi reacts to former President Trump openly embracing and amplifying QAnon.

Trump asks QAnon to stand back and stand by

September 19, 2022
Analysis by Philip Bump

Luckily for her, Rebecca Lanis wasn’t home when her father shot and killed her mother and severely wounded her sister earlier this month. So she was able to help offer one explanation for the otherwise inexplicable act: Her father had collapsed into the world of conspiracy theory after Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election. That includes the conspiracy known as QAnon, which Lanis in a Reddit post blamed unequivocally for muddying her father’s mind.

“It’s like he got possessed by a demon,” she wrote.

This is not the first time that QAnon has been intertwined in a murder. …

“I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate,” he said to a bemused White House press corps. …

The Daily Beast’s Will Sommer, who has a book documenting QAnoncoming out early next year, noted at the time that QAnon had been champing at the bit to see Trump asked specifically about their movement.

Sort of spooky thinking of the spiral of madness that occurs within cults

By MELISSA DITTMANN

Monitor Staff

November 2003, Vol 34, No. 10

However, since Jonestown, many social psychologists remain unaware of the psychological impact of the mind control techniques, often elucidated in social psychology research, that cults use to recruit and retain members, Zimbardo says. Many psychologists remain skeptical that behavior is intentionally controlled by these organizations at all, rather believing that people join cults of their own free will, as they do with traditional religious groups.

Those who study cults, on the other hand, maintain that psychologists need to study how cults abuse social psychology research. Psychologists are also needed to develop effective treatments for cult victims to help them break free from a cult’s influence before it’s too late, so that, in cases like Jonestown, history does not repeat itself.

“It’s shocking to me that so many people today have not even heard of Jonestown,” Hassan says. Yet, Hassan observes the lasting psychological effects every day in his work with former cult victims, and he says cults are growing more powerful and more cunning in their deceit–often by using psychological research findings–while the public remains largely unaware of them. …

Peoples Temple and the Stockholm Syndrome

by Manca Konjedic

People are also social beings. That’s why we join different communities which have the same interests we do. This is what attracted people to join Peoples Temple, and this is what led them to want to go to Jonestown. In that community were people who had fragile social backgrounds and who needed someone to help them define and draw them clear boundaries in their lives.
But as we know, there is a thin line between keeping your own identity and to devoting your life completely to someone else.
A charismatic leader can convince the fragile and desperate among us that his ideas about life are what they are missing and – more importantly – what he can provide. In my view, the members of Peoples Temple had aspirations and goals that may have been too ambitious for the world to offer them.
Donald Trump shared their goals, but he saw only one plan – his plan – to perfect the world. As the pressures and the isolation and the paranoia mounted in Jonestown, it wasn’t only the people held hostage, it was their hopes and dreams and shared aspirations. Unfortunately, when his plan failed, his followers paid with their lives.

There is a phenomenon in psychology which we describe as the Stockholm Syndrome …

It’s a new twist on cults, where it started anonymously, then the leader embraced it.

More great balls of fire optics . CNN - democrats to oust Pelosi

How is that “great balls of fire”? Please stop making stuff up unless you can actually support it and so far you can’t support any of your propaganda claims. Who cares if Pelosi continues to lead House Dems or not. I certainly don’t care. She’s a grandmother in her 70s, pushing 80. It’s time another Dem takes her place and she retire. Don’t get me wrong, I like Pelosi, but it’s time for her to retire and give the reins to someone younger.

Some people like an entire group to think exactly the same. Limbaugh fans called themselves dittoheads.

Getting rid of Pelosi would be a good change of optics for democrats. Old latte liberals are holding them back.

The Bexar County, Texas Sheriff is launching a criminal investigation into the transport of 48 Venezuelan migrants to Martha’s Vineyard last week.

The migrant asylum seekers Ron DeSantis kidnapped and trafficked to Martha’s Vineyard have filed a massive class action against DeSantis and other Florida Republican officials involved in the scheme.

But wait, there’s more . . .

DeSantis defends transport of migrants to Martha’s Vineyard

DeSantis is an “inveighler”. I like that . That expression suits him.
It reminds of Trump, the master inveighler.
Yes, that’s what we want, another inveighler in the White House… :face_vomiting:

Is the vinyard business owner going to jail ?? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yes the penny might have finally dropped here but i wouldnt hold my breath

Otto you’re a silly chap and your one-liners are worthless, so guess I’ll simply add something that is worth listening to and thinking about. Life does unfold one day at a time and we do have choices and there will be outcomes, and then comes the next morning and we do it all again.

And right now we got a bunch of crooks to toss out on their asses, MAGAman

Longtime journalist Major Garrett recently said the U.S. is “85 percent” of the way to a Civil War. His new book, written with elections expert David Becker, looks at the scenarios that might shift the needle the final 15 percent. Garrett and Becker join Mehdi to discuss democracy in the era of the ‘Big Lie.’

Penny drop? Isn’t that shoes?

Bad translating, or computer algorithm? Don’t count your baskets.

No, it’s a new deepity… :thinking:

1 Like

Where has Cruz been?
DeSatan and Abbhole have been getting all the attention lately.
He’s going to lose his place in line for heir to the MAGAt King.

Yeah, there are plenty more besides Pelosi that need to go.

Yeah. I love Bernie, but he’s getting up in age too. Then there’s Moscow Mitch. All the old dudes and dudettes need to retire and pass the torch to those who are younger than 70.

Bring it back to Optics that matter, how’s this,

Trump Claims He Could Declassify Documents Just By Thinking About It

Former President Trump insisted in a new interview with Sean Hannity that the documents in the Mar-a-Lago probe were all declassified and that he could declassify documents just by thinking about it. Former DOJ prosecutor Andrew Weissman and Danny Cevallos discuss Trump’s argument.

When trump knocks the pins out from under Hanity, you know it’s crazy extreme.

Hell hath no fury like betrayed lovers, trump’s most interesting days are ahead of him, and the schadenfreude cup will runneth over for the millions who already know to despise the crook as the sad saps that believed and loved him start realizing they were conned big time.