Political Optics

Isn’t there already a thread about that topic?

No, not in his speech. In the presentation. The way it looked.

Trump was 5 years younger in office than Biden. I think that matters a lot more when we’re talking about seventy-somethings than it would if they were fifty-something.

A big problem is that the most reliable voting block in the country is elderly. They would rather vote for somebody their own age group.

They are both still old as dirt! The dotard was old when he was in office and Biden is old. That is my point.

OH and Kamala isn’t my age? (She is, so don’t miss the point here again)

Here’s one for the Political Optics thread:

After landing at a Washington DC airport in a trip shrouded in secrecy, Trump was just caught on camera at his golf course with a group of people holding a meeting.

Trump and the group walked and drove the course as if they were playing golf but witnesses reported they did not observe him actually golfing. The golf outing seemed to be a pretext for the clandestine meeting.

Many have commented that the optics looked like a meeting by the mafia.

1 Like

:rofl: Good thing Trump is no longer in office or this secret meeting that looks like mafia guys could spell trouble.

Oneguy - how is this for optics ?

The Democratic Party has spent tens of millions of dollars this election cycle to promote far-right candidates endorsed by Donald Trump in Republican primary elections.

Well, The Orange One isn’t doing it:

A federal grand jury in Washington is examining the formation of — and spending by — a fund-raising operation created by Donald J. Trump after his loss in the 2020 election as he was soliciting millions of dollars by baselessly asserting that the results had been marred by widespread voting fraud.

Save America has shared only a small portion of its bounty with candidates in contested midterm races. Instead, it has hoarded cash or used it to pay firms and groups devoted to helping Mr. Trump, including his own businesses, or to undermining his enemies.

It has brought in more than $135 million, including more than $30 million transferred from Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign committee in the weeks after the election.

Save America Pac

further proof that the Democratic party is a party of Wall Street and war has no answer to the threat of fascism.

It looks like business as usual. Trying to promote the other side’s craziest candidates is an old strategy. Media is probably the guiltiest party in that situation.

You two really believe this sensationalism from what appears to be a propaganda machine? Sure, it has an about page, mission page, and all the qualification Lausten mentioned, but look at the two senators who run it. Then there is the board, the team, etc. They have an agenda and it’s not to report honest political news. It’s to pump out sensationalism to get Webby Awards. There maybe some truth to what they say, but the rest is just to get your attention, keep your attention, and make you believe something they probably embellished upon to get and keep your attention.

That reminds me the theory that on the 6th of January, Anti-Fa disguised as Trump supporters attacked the Capitol.

In my mind the Republican activists, supported by Trump, are numerous enough to carry on the primaries.

Rated quite highly by this: Center for Responsive Politics (Open Secrets) - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

I’ll have to give it another look, but it reads like sensationalism.

I didn’t read the Open Secrets article, but this is a thing. Seems like a weird gamble to me

I think this falls under the umbrella of Political Optics,
of a traitor narcissist ex-prez crazy baby-man.

Donald Trump almost didn’t leave the White House. Because, of course.

Analysis by Chris Cillizza,

(CNN)Donald Trump, we learned on Monday, didn’t want to leave the White House after he had lost the 2020 presidential election to Joe Biden.

“I’m just not going to leave,” Trump told one aide.

“We’re never leaving,” he said to another. “How can you leave when you won an election?”

Those comments – both of which were reported by The New York Times’ Maggie Habermanfor her forthcoming book on the former President – make a few things clear.

1. By January 2021, Trump had become utterly convinced – contra facts – that he had, in fact, been robbed of a victory in the 2020 election.

2. This was not only a public affect, but also a position Trump held privately.

3. He had seemingly no regard for democracy and the idea of a peaceful transfer of power that sits at the heart of our governing system.

It’s that last point that I think is the most important both as we look back at what happened in 2020 (through the lens, largely, of the January 6 committee) and forward to the likelihoodof Trump running again for president in 2024.

Time and time again during his presidency, Trump demonstrated a decidedly cavalier view of the boundaries his predecessors adhered to in office – parameters that, whether they liked them or not, had constrained their behavior and their worst instincts.

Now Mitch McConnell knows what Faust felt after he sold his soul to the devil.

1 Like

The optics are awful here. DNC rejects the call to eliminate dark money from primaries. Democracy is us is not the DNC

Good get Oneguy. Now accusations of sensationalism is used as an excuse to ignore their reporting. :joy:

Failed Fact Checks

Overall, we rate The Center for Responsive Politics (Open Secrets) Least Biased and Very High for fact factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information and being an official source for fact-checkers. (D. Van Zandt 6/16/2016) Updated (05/29/2022)

So what’s the point that Dark Money is a part of modern politics? Why are you pointing out it’s the Extreme Right Wing Supreme Court that made Dark Money equal votes and given a green light.

What about quality of leadership?

Susan Glasser, one of the authors of an explosive new book about Donald Trump’s presidency, discusses a new interview where Trump said he would not pick Mike Pence to be his Vice President if he runs in 2024.

But the conversation goes way beyond that. It even has room for both sides.