Policing

I’m talking about the isolation that results from wrecked communities.
I moved to a block off of Lake St in Minneapolis in 1987 and called it my home 13 years. The city had a program of supporting neighborhood groups starting around then. I saw people patrolling their own, cleaning up their own, tearing down the crack houses, and then building businesses in the buildings that were abandoned during the white flight that came before. There was still work to be done and Chicago and 38th was not the safest corner around, but that work was being done. Cleaning up police corruption isn't something regular citizens have a big say about. You really don't know what you are talking about oneguy.

Read that book. If you can read the 380 pages of the one you posted, you can find the time for mine.

You really don’t know what you are talking about oneguy.
He really seems to be evidencing that a lot lately. If he keeps it up, I might get him mixed up with Sree.

The Dems in the House are set to put forth a major reform Bill next week. I hope that it is based largely on the recommendations from the Obama task force on needed structural reforms for policing. (You know the one that was trashed by the T rump’s administration.)

Although, even if it is, the problem is that the mass of RepugLIARS are in the way.

They (in the personage of Rand Paul for the moment) won’t even allow a law banning LYNCHING. That’s right Lynching is apparently NOT BANNED in the USA. With 200 attempts in the past century to pass a law that would ban LYNCHING, one has NEVER passed. And even NOW, with all we are faced with, the RepugLIARS won’t allow it.

We are living in a nation in 2020 in which a law, after 200 attempts in 100 years, cannot be passed to BAN LYNCHING. What’s wrong with this picture?

Justice cannot breath in America, RepugLIARS. GET OFF ITS NECK.

Trudeau is insanely diplomatic and does not criticize openly. So the pause before answering in this video says more than his words. I love the birds chirping while he struggles to find words. by 3point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVEwNOInktY

Thanks, I encourage everyone to watch the early part of that video. A bulk of it is the 21 seconds that Trudeau takes to respond to the question.

Btw, what’s it like to have such a Hunk as a Prime Minister? He seems to be quite the ladies man. I think that Ivanka just wants him for his power, but Kate Middleton clearly has some regular old lust for him. Too bad for the ladies that he seems to be quite in love with his own wife.

Despite roughly equal usage rates (of marijuana), Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana.” https://www.aclu.org/issues/smart-justice/sentencing-reform/war-marijuana-black-and-white
I suspect Blacks are doing it in public far more than Whites and that's why they are arrested at higher rates.
That statement SEEMS to be so vague as to be meaningless, which is typically negative. (I didn’t want to say “ALWAYS” negative, because “always” of just about anything strains credulity.)
Can you name any Black run countries that are not basket cases?

@thatoneguy

Execution for drug crimes is too extreme, imo.
Execution is by hanging, capital punishment inherited from the Brits when they were ruling Singapore. It may seem extreme to us but we didn't go through the utter devastation that opium wreaked on the Chinese is Asia. Americans seem to be oblivious to the poison of drugs including marijuana. Imagine flying from New York to LA with a liberal progressive dopehead in the cockpit.
I moved to a block off of Lake St in Minneapolis in 1987 and called it my home 13 years. The city had a program of supporting neighborhood groups starting around then. I saw people patrolling their own, cleaning up their own, tearing down the crack houses, and then building businesses in the buildings that were abandoned during the white flight that came before. There was still work to be done and Chicago and 38th was not the safest corner around, but that work was being done. Cleaning up police corruption isn’t something regular citizens have a big say about. You really don’t know what you are talking about oneguy.
If you're talking about Blacks trying to improve their own neighborhoods, maybe they had some success back then but Black Minneapolis is still a dump. If their communities weren't destroyed by drugs and housing projects 50+ years ago, they wouldn't be as bad off in the first place.
Execution is by hanging, capital punishment inherited from the Brits when they were ruling Singapore. It may seem extreme to us but we didn’t go through the utter devastation that opium wreaked on the Chinese is Asia. Americans seem to be oblivious to the poison of drugs including marijuana. Imagine flying from New York to LA with a liberal progressive dopehead in the cockpit.
Well, I think many Americans are familiar with the problems of drug use. I grew up around drugs and saw the damage they cause. Now I have no patience with the oxygen thieves who f*** things up with drugs, but I still think execution is too much -- at least for 1st time offenders. 2nd or 3rd times? Execution might become more appealing.

Back to the original topic, what can be done?

Police brutality and mistrust between the public and the police is fundamentally caused by diversity. No other diverse nations have been able to solve this problem, so they aren’t any help. Cultural sensitivity training hasn’t helped. Co-policing between law enforcement and the public hasn’t helped. Increased minority presence and leadership in police departments hasn’t helped.

What else is there?

The truth is it will get worse and we will just have to accept it. It’s the price we pay for multiculturalism.

I suspect Blacks are doing it in public far more than Whites and that’s why they are arrested at higher rates.
So, it seems that you're suggesting Blacks don't have the sense to be discrete in using marijuana where it is not legal.

And maybe you think that policies like that are inequitable like “stop and frisk” are also “Blacks” fault for looking more guilty than whites.

Can you name any Black run countries that are not basket cases?
How about Botswana, Ghana, and Yomama?

Hey, how does your beliefs that diversity is bad, work out with your concurrent assertion that non-diverse Black countries are baskets of deplorables? They are homogenous, yet failures? But homogeny is so important to you. OR is what you are omitting, is the direct statement that you believe Blacks are inferior?

I think that for you and others like you, it is not the “heterogeneity” of race that is the problem, that is just a nice way of saying that Blacks are inferior and are trouble makers.

If you are racist, then absolutely, multiculturalism has to seem bad to you.

Police brutality and mistrust between the public and the police is fundamentally caused by diversity.
It is fundamentally caused by an intransigent system of racism that continues in vestiges all the way back from 400 years ago. You forget to mention that body cams, a recent attempt to "help" matters, hasn't worked. That's because the system allows that cops can "forget" to turn them on or find other ways to hide crime by cops.

But despite your attempts to cover your racist core, with your rationalizations, there has been progress over the 400 years. Race relations are still problematic but they have improved. And they can continue to be improved, when the ignorant core of racism, conscious and unconscious, declines. Now the fascist minded are going to do their best to keep that from happening, as they always have, but even so, there has been progress, and will be more.

What else is there?
Well, we might try truth and equal justice for all. Eh? What a concept.

I watched parts of Al Sharpton’s eulogy for Floyd. Al shared a personal anecdote. Back in the heyday of Civil Rights marches, he recalled one time, when a young white woman told him, staring right in his face, “Nigger, Go Home!”

Then Al said that a couple of days ago, he was in the public and a young white girl, maybe 11 years of age, came up to him and obviously had something to say to him. He braced himself. But the little white girl said, “No Justice. No Peace!”

There was no diversity, at that moment, between an old black man and a young white girl. They were homogenous in their regard for an ideal.

How about Botswana, Ghana, and Yomama?
You must be joking. Botswana and Ghana are toilets.
Hey, how does your beliefs that diversity is bad, work out with your concurrent assertion that non-diverse Black countries are baskets of deplorables? They are homogenous, yet failures? But homogeny is so important to you. OR is what you are omitting, is the direct statement that you believe Blacks are inferior?
They are racially homogenous, but made up of different tribes.
I watched parts of Al Sharpton’s eulogy for Floyd. Al shared a personal anecdote. Back in the heyday of Civil Rights marches, he recalled one time, when a young white woman told him, staring right in his face, “Nigger, Go Home!” Then Al said that a couple of days ago, he was in the public and a young white girl, maybe 11 years of age, came up to him and obviously had something to say to him. He braced himself. But the little white girl said, “No Justice. No Peace!” There was no diversity, at that moment, between an old black man and a young white girl. They were homogenous in their regard for an ideal.
11 year olds grow up. I was not racist at that age either.

Police brutality and mistrust between the public and the police is fundamentally caused by diversity. No other diverse nations have been able to solve this problem, so they aren’t any help.

I refer to the problem as the “freeloader problem”, it’s what happens when tribes grow beyond a few hundred people and you can’t keep track of everyone. Someone figures out they don’t have to follow the rules. To say that monoculture would fix that though, is way oversimplifying.

How would these non-diverse nations look to you? How would America have even formed if Dutch, English, and Spanish didn’t meet with indigenous Americans? Not to mention the practically open borders we had in the late 19th century? How would we make cell phones if we had to get precious metals from countries that didn’t believe in our white-European ways? Would we let people from those other countries come here to study? Could we work with them on something like CERN? Would there be an international space station?

You must be joking. Botswana and Ghana are toilets. -- oneguy
What metrics are you using? News from 1980? Botswana is right under Australia on this one. This goes in to some details. I'm not doing deep research here, but if you're going to say a place is a toilet, you need to back that up.
I suspect Blacks are doing it in public far more than Whites and that’s why they are arrested at higher rates. -- oneguy
If you would read The New Jim Crow, which you should just so you know the arguments, even if you don't agree, you would find, based on policing patterns and quotes from actual officials, it's easier to get arrests in poor neighborhoods, and you don't end up fighting it the courts. If you can go downtown to the bus station and look around and say "reasonable suspicion", you're going to get some drug busts. That will up your numbers and increase your federal funding and make it look like you are doing something and get you votes. If you go to the campus, where you see the smoke billowing out of the dorm room windows, you will also get some arrests, then you will get the kids mama calling her friend the lawyer and you'll spend all that money and all that good will, and those white mamas will back a "get tough on crime" candidate because you don't have the conviction numbers.
They are racially homogenous, but made up of different tribes.
Oh. NOW you are saying that "tribes" are the problem that nothing can be done about. Your paradigm is incoherent. In your book, homogenous societies are the answer, but now you add (for purposes of trying to make your BS sound rational, that a society must not only be racially homogenous, but "tribally" homogenous. So what does that mean? Every one must not only look alike, but also act alike and have the same cultural practices and beliefs? Jeebers, what a messed up society that would be. Granted low in conflict, but with all the vibrancy of a black and white photo of a cemetery.

Oneguy read the “New Jim Crow”? He doesn’t care about that. He is an admitted racist. He probably yearns for the return of the Old Jim Crow.

Currently things are a bit hard on racists, from a public opinion standpoint. But they are well protected. And the public attention span is limited.

@thatoneguy

Police brutality and mistrust between the public and the police is fundamentally caused by diversity.
Since forever, this mistrust is an issue only with blacks if we judge by the flare ups on record. Other minorities, along with the whites, had borne the brunt of the rioting all those times when the blacks went berserk over supposedly police brutality. Am I wrong?
I’m not doing deep research here, but if you’re going to say a place is a toilet, you need to back that up.
For starters, how about the fact that 20% of the population of Botswana is infected by HIV/Aids (third highest in Africa)? Corruption could be comparable to that of black-run toilets (such as Baltimore, Chicago, Washington DC, Atlanta) in the US.