Policing

Thanks for those CC. Bobby and Steve’s Auto World is a mini-truck stop just before you get to downtown if you are coming down US35. I’m sure it made for an easy place to pull up all the police vans and get access to the highway.

Lausten: "I don’t really know, because I don’t have statistics on views, only posts, but I’d guess this forum is closer to a small park in a small city than it is to NOVA. I try to read a lot here, but it can be too much. And responding to Sree and oneguy, well, that’s run its course for me."
My analogy wasn't perfect, but the concept still stands. Enraged frustration is the fuel oneguy and sree run on. Remove it and they are forced to make reasonable and mature posts in order to get a response.
Oneguy, what is your favorite book about the social evils of Diversity written by an expert?
Probably this one: https://www.amazon.com/Nations-History-Political-Ethnicity-Nationalism/dp/1107400023
Diversity predicts police brutality
There are countless examples that it does but none of the opposite.
Blacks on the wrong side of White authority more often than anybody else
Well, Blacks are the primary group that police deal with.
“White liberals might like the idea of black authority” – What is “black authority”?
It means Black people in charge.

So Oneguy, that book suggests to me that you believe that ethnicities within a nation are each a source of political power, with one ethnicity being dominant and the others acquiescent or dominated.

I have always believed that being an American is the over-riding ethnicity for all. The melting pot, it has been called. I also believe that if the modern world civilization continues, then in the long term, the advancement of nation-states toward globalization will ultimately result in all of humanity being one over-riding ethnicity. The underlying diversity of subcultures could then be an added enrichment of variety of experiences available to all, without being the constant source of conflict that you believe is inherent and unavoidable.

Your way >nationalism< goes backward to the way of world wars. So if your beliefs prevail, that is where we are headed and the long term future will be bleak.

There are countless examples that it does but none of the opposite. -- oneguy
https://medium.com/@Jernfrost/does-multiculturalism-and-diversity-cause-crime-704701aa5ed9
Well, Blacks are the primary group that police deal with.
The New Jim Crow
It means Black people in charge.
Right. It sounds like you mean, if the the majority of people in a government have dark skin, then you can predict their behaviors. Care to elaborate or correct me?
So Oneguy, that book suggests to me that you believe that ethnicities within a nation are each a source of political power, with one ethnicity being dominant and the others acquiescent or dominated.
This is inevitable but that's not really what the book is about.
I have always believed that being an American is the over-riding ethnicity for all. The melting pot, it has been called. I also believe that if the modern world civilization continues, then in the long term, the advancement of nation-states toward globalization will ultimately result in all of humanity being one over-riding ethnicity. The underlying diversity of subcultures could then be an added enrichment of variety of experiences available to all, without being the constant source of conflict that you believe is inherent and unavoidable. Your way >nationalism< goes backward to the way of world wars. So if your beliefs prevail, that is where we are headed and the long term future will be bleak.
I have been all over most of this country and found there isn't much that unites us as "Americans" besides citizenship. Even today there is still a lot of variation in people and self segregation is the norm in diverse areas.

As for modern society and globalization: that is already failing because people cannot live as atomized insects. We need nationalism/tribalism. Yes, it can lead to conflict sometimes, but that’s superior to the depressive isolation we have now.

We need nationalism/tribalism. Yes, it can lead to conflict sometimes, but that’s superior to the depressive isolation we have now.
It leads to the most horrible of conflicts. And with the weapons available today, the conflicts could lead to your dream world > nothing but roving bands of human tribes.

If you are talking about the depressive isolation we have right now, due to C-19, chalk up a lot of that to your Fascist loving hero.

3point, I forgot to thank you for the positive reinforcement. I can maintain on a thin schedule of it. But a wee bit on occasion is necessary.

Singapore is a police state, more or less.
It's a matter of perception. Blacks and liberal whites view law enforcement and Trump's presidential style as dictatorial. But to those who like social order, Singapore is a haven for American expats who work and live there. Our journalists can't mouth off there the way they do here without seeing their day in court. There are no liberal judges in Singapore.
Their police are professional but they’re allowed to be pretty damn harsh.
Singapore's laws are harsh but not the police. A dopehead from Oregon could face the mandatory death sentence if he gets caught at Changi Airport with his stash of marijuana. I have never run afoul of the police in either Singapore or the US. Comparatively, our cops are physically bigger and potentially much harsher by far.
Singapore has some crazy laws, as well.
Her laws are quite sane if you are not a liberal. No illegals sneak into Singapore because they get flogged and deported. Is that crazy? Not to me. Can you cite one law you feel is crazy to you?
TimB: "3point, I forgot to thank you for the positive reinforcement. I can maintain on a thin schedule of it. But a wee bit on occasion is necessary."
I come here every day (except weekends and holidays) to scan the posts. Yours are always great due to what you say and how you say it.

Lots of times I have an opinion but don’t make a post because you or someone else has said it already, and there’s no point in stretching threads with a lot of “I agree” posts.

Please consider this post to be blanket support for all your future posts.

Oh, what the heck: CC, Lausten, Mriana, Write4U, and a few others can consider this post blanket support for their future posts too.

But I will still read and think about all posts on here, and if I agree or disagree strongly enough, I’ll post.

Oh, now you’re spoiling me with kindness, 3point.

I don’t know about Singapore, but if people haven’t noticed, it seems the world economy is in the process of losing what was a relatively free Hong Kong to totalitarian China.

TimB: Oh, now you’re spoiling me with kindness, 3point.
I agree. Great post!

Alright. That’s plenty. Really. I like your posts too.

Hey, 3point, you’re still Canadian, right? Has your country’s leader said anything of note about the T rump’s recent actions?

Singapore has some crazy laws, as well. Her laws are quite sane if you are not a liberal. No illegals sneak into Singapore because they get flogged and deported. Is that crazy? Not to me. Can you cite one law you feel is crazy to you?
Execution for drug crimes is too extreme, imo.
If you are talking about the depressive isolation we have right now, due to C-19, chalk up a lot of that to your Fascist loving hero.
I'm talking about the isolation that results from wrecked communities.
https://medium.com/@Jernfrost/does-multiculturalism-and-diversity-cause-crime-704701aa5ed9
This writer gives laughable examples of "diversity success"; northern and southern norwegians, middle class vs upper class swedes -- this isnt even remotely compareable to what we have in the US.
Well, Blacks are the primary group that police deal with. The New Jim Crow
Well, blacks are incarcerated more because they commit more crimes.
It means Black people in charge. Right. It sounds like you mean, if the the majority of people in a government have dark skin, then you can predict their behaviors. Care to elaborate or correct me?
There does seem to be pattern worldwide of Black run governments acting in a predictable way, which is always negative.

Well, blacks are incarcerated more because they commit more crimes.
"Despite roughly equal usage rates (of marijuana), Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana."

https://www.aclu.org/issues/smart-justice/sentencing-reform/war-marijuana-black-and-white

There does seem to be pattern worldwide of Black run governments acting in a predictable way, which is always negative.
That statement SEEMS to be so vague as to be meaningless, which is typically negative. (I didn't want to say "ALWAYS" negative, because "always" of just about anything strains credulity.)
TimB: "Hey, 3point, you’re still Canadian, right? Has your country’s leader said anything of note about the T rump’s recent actions?"
Trudeau is insanely diplomatic and does not criticize openly. So the pause before answering in this video says more than his words.

I love the birds chirping while he struggles to find words.