Judge Maryanne Trump Barry said something about her younger brother

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/he-has-no-principles-none-maryanne-trump-barry-tears-into-her-brother-in-secretly-taped-audio/ar-BB18hHgj

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/maryanne-trump-barry-secret-recordings/2020/08/22/30d457f4-e334-11ea-ade1-28daf1a5e919_story.html

• "All he wants to do is appeal to his base. He has no principles. None."

• "His goddamned tweet(ing) and the lying, oh my God. I'm talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy shit."

• "No, he doesn't read," Barry said. In another excerpt, Barry related a story in which her brother was incredulous that she read books instead of watching Fox News.

• Re: the t rump's separation of asylum seeking families, Barry said, "...And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.”

• “It’s the phoniness of it all. It’s the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel.”

• Barry told how she tried to help her brother get into college. “He was a brat,” Barry said, explaining that “I did his homework for him” and “I drove him around New York City to try to get him into college.”

• “He went to Fordham for one year [actually two years] and then he got into University of Pennsylvania because he had somebody take the exams.”

• “Donald is out for Donald, period.”

• (Re: the accomplishments of the t rump) "Well he has five bankruptcies,” Barry said... “Yes, he did. Yes, he did. You can’t trust him."
These are private opinions and assertions of the sibling who has known the t rump ALL of his life.

Those are all quotes from the older sister of the t rump (when she was 82 years of age), the former Judge Maryanne Trump Barry, as secretly taped by Mary Trump, the niece of the t rump and of former Judge Maryanne Trump Barry.

These are private opinions and assertions of the sibling who has known the t rump ALL of his life.
Yes, private. The more reason why you should not look at such stuff that is unethically acquired. How do you operate in an amoral world? An atheist has no God to cramp his style?

And a malicious double standard as wide as our solar system.

You sree make shit up out of whole cloth to denigrate whom ever you choose. But think yourself some protector of standards of decency - though you are as clueless and delusional as a person can get.

Unethical? Was it a violation of law? Many states require “one party consent” to record a conversation. Considering the book she was planning on writing I can certainly see wanting to avoid the possibility of “I never said that!”

That being said, Barry didn’t know she was being interviewed for a book deal and it was a little shitty to interview her under false pretenses. It was also a little shitty to release the recordings out of the blue instead of to defend herself when being called a liar. But nobody in the Trump family would have spoken openly had they known the reason for the conversation, the point was to get a “behind the scenes look” and there’s no way in hell any of these people would tell the truth if asked openly. It’s just journalism and yes, sometimes it can be shady. But when there are important stories to be told which uncover a web of lies and coverups you have to do what you have to do to not only report the truth, but prove it. Would you have felt better about it if she were simply an “unnamed source”? Because I’ve seen the right’s attack on people who aren’t named so that the president can throw a tantrum and punish them.

How ethical would it be to keep such information about the t rump, secret, if there is even a scintilla of a chance that it could help get him voted out of office, before he further destroys our country?

You sree make shit up out of whole cloth to denigrate whom ever you choose. But think yourself some protector of standards of decency – though you are as clueless and delusional as a person can get.
Your comment is not an argument. Try forming one to defend reading malicious gossip over secretly stolen information acquired through the invasion of someone's privacy.

You need a conscience to do that even if you don’t need God.

Try forming one to defend reading malicious gossip over secretly stolen information acquired through the invasion of someone’s privacy.
If you're so into God try not being so dishonest. It's not "malicious gossip", it's a factual record of one person's unfiltered opinion of another. It's not "secretly stolen", it's secretly recorded, but voluntarily given information. And it was not "acquired through the invasion of someone's privacy". It was acquired through recording of an open and frank conversation with another person. There was no gossip between two people discussing a family member's known qualities. The information was volunteered, not "stolen". And you don't stay in a room with a second person and hold a conversation with them when you want "privacy".

You lied three damned times in one sentence and then went on to chastise the conscience of someone else? First cast out the beam out of thine own eye and all that. I’m sure you know the verses.

It’s not “secretly stolen”, it’s secretly recorded, but voluntarily given information.
Voluntarily given? Those conversations were "surreptitiously recorded" without the knowledge of Judge Maryanne. The volunteer is the thief who "wiretapped" the conversations.
And it was not “acquired through the invasion of someone’s privacy”. It was acquired through recording of an open and frank conversation with another person.
The conversations were as open and frank as any between an aunt and her niece in a typical family. Apparently, the family, in this case, isn't typical. The niece is a spy in her family. Do you value your privacy and expect those you interact with in confidence to protect it?
And you don’t stay in a room with a second person and hold a conversation with them when you want “privacy”.
You have a peculiar perception of "privacy" and its place in relationships. I am not here to educate you on how to conduct yourself in polite society.

hmmm,

Voluntarily given? Those conversations were “surreptitiously recorded” without the knowledge of Judge Maryanne. The volunteer is the thief who “wiretapped” the conversations.
There was no coercion for Barry to talk. Nothing was "stolen". She talked of her own free will. Recording a conversation in no way counts as a "theft" of any sort. And she did not "wiretap" anything. A "wiretap" is a connection to someone's phone line so that a third party not involved in the conversation can listen in on a conversation which they are no a party to. In a wiretap, 2 or more people are having what they believe to be a private conversation just between those individuals and a third party is recording that conversation. There was no third party here. Each person in the conversation was aware of every other person in the conversation. The level of subtle dishonesty you are willing to go to so that you never have to admit being wrong is astounding here.
The conversations were as open and frank as any between an aunt and her niece in a typical family. Apparently, the family, in this case, isn’t typical. The niece is a spy in her family. Do you value your privacy and expect those you interact with in confidence to protect it?
By definition you cannot "invade the privacy" of someone who knows you to be there, thus knowing that you cannot have a "private" moment because someone else is there. May I ask, what is your first language? Your English is very good, but it still needs some work.
You have a peculiar perception of “privacy” and its place in relationships. I am not here to educate you on how to conduct yourself in polite society.
pri•va•cy prī′və-sē

n.
The quality or condition of being secluded from the presence or view of others.
n.
The state of being free from public attention or unsanctioned intrusion.
n.
A state of being private, or in retirement from the company or from the knowledge or observation of others; seclusion.

If you know another person to be in the room, definition 1 does not apply.

The second definition only applies if the recording is “unsanctioned”. Unsanctioned means “lacking effective or authoritative consent”, meaning she had no legal right to make the recordings. But since the recordings were accepted as evidence in her inheritance court case, that cannot be the case as the court will not accept illegally obtained evidence.

If you know another person to be in the room, definition 3 does not apply.

No need to educate me. You’re the one getting schooled every time you fight to keep from admitting the slightest hint of you being wrong. Your use of these alarmist words like “stolen” and “wiretapped” are not legally, logically or semantically accurate, making them “wrong”. If you’re interested I’d be happy to teach you what that word means. Once you understand its meaning in its relationship to you I’m sure you’ll be using it a lot around here.

The video above is another of the Lincoln Project’s gems.

Now when crowds of the t rump’s gleefully chant, “Build that wall!” They should add the refrain “Of the Dead!”

sree, you’re also over looking that it was simple common knowledge of those people in that place and time.

It was also common knowledge to all of my generation, who were subjected to irrelevant news saturation of Mr. Atlantic City, the bankruptcy king, D T rump has been a blowhard fraud and plain shit-head from his earliest business dealings. Trump never signed a contract he wasn’t more than happy to break, trump screwed people out of well earned wages, etc, etc, etc. into tomorrow morning . . .

You keep trying to defend something that is indefensible - that is Trump’s behavior and his contempt for others and our government.

You talk all sanctimonious about trump’s right to privacy and secrets (though they’ve come to profoundly and harmfully impacts to American

and the world over. Trump’s Virus only being the worst of it, just one of many dozens of genuine American Horror stories thanks to extreme Alt-right & Evangelical thinking.

But this stuff you’re just fine with: Trump doing political business with China, in the middle of a restaurant, with cell phone recording, giving Russians states secrets, not giving a fuck that the Putin has a bounty on American soldier, none of that moves you, like a fool deer in the middle of the highway staring at those headlight bearing down on them.

But I guess, I could never hope for a gold plated toilet seat kid like you to understand any of that. There was a day I did hope, but now it’s just down to trying to enjoy the day to day best as I can.

Also fortunately at 65, one into that reflection phase, thinking about my young days, recollecting the stories of a busy life well lived.

Given that thanks to the likes of your type (and realizing how god damned many greedy self-centered juvenile delinquent adults like you there really are, all over the world, where nothing but short term self-interest and gluttony matters) I’ve pretty well given up on the future, no the world isn’t ending, tomorrow the sun will rise, life and people will keep on getting on, but it’s never going to be good times like we had.

There will be no more normal seasons and weather, ever again. We made sure of that, AGW is simple undeniable physics. The summers I knew hitching across our country and having the time of my life as adventurous young souls had been doing since the beginning of mankind. The good feeling, the sense of security - rhythm and order in the world and sky and the weather - Weather my friendly adversary. Yeah, friendly adversary, that’s the way I poetically looked at shit weather and I relished times of being caught in it, bucking up and dealing with it. (Though I never went out of my way to make it a way of life either, no arctic explorer here,) still. When you’re a macho young man, there’s nothing as invigorating as proving yourself equal to what nature tosses at one.

But all that is over, untold generations of human drive, arriving at it’s greatest challenge, . . . . . . and failing worse than primitives, who knew a fraction of what we do, did. No way to ever describe the pain and sadness of that reality. Then having to listen to a self-certain vacuous poser spouting utterly vicious, community- and self-destructive stupidity, as though it were a canon of his faith.

All we needed to do was slow down, think more, communicate with each other better, build community around nurturing the biosphere that nurtured us. Think seven generations into the future, as in, take it seriously: don’t think we are the only one’s who matter. {Sadly children, that’s just what my generations did to your’s, we knew, but we didn’t care enough to think about it.}

But now, with Anthropogenic Global Warming, adding more energy to this closed global heat and moisture distribution engine, it will heat up, that heat will impact all of its inhabitants. Things are going to get progressively tougher and tougher, until, well, it’s over and Earth is back to dealing with one of the most catastrophic insults it has ever endured. Greed is Good, Too Much Is Never Enough. It’s like fireworks and we’ve about popped our wad.

sree, just for the record, I spit on your smug pretense of superiority and its resultant disregard for humanity and the future.

(CC, to Sree) I spit on your smug pretense of superiority and its resultant disregard for humanity and the future.
Allow me to add my spit to Sree's blended whiskey, when he's not looking.

sree, just for the record, I spit on your smug pretense of superiority and its resultant disregard for humanity and the future.
I wish you would look at me poetically as shit weather, a friendly adversary. I promise I won't strike you with a hundred million volts.

Sorry only from inside your head, from the outside all we see is a delusional.

Barry also said that, although she did not know Samantha Bee, she agreed with Bee’s name for Ivanka, during the t rump child separation policy. That name for Ivanka was, if you don’t recall, a “feckless cunt”.

@sree I promise I won’t strike you with a hundred million volts.
Oh my, have a seat on this couch, have another drink of that splendid scotch and then tell us about this god complex you appear to have.

No wait, I’m not a professional, perhaps I’m going about this ass backwards, okay - Tell us about how you got along with your dad and we can move on from there to questions about bed wetting and from there we can start building up our understanding of what makes you tick. :wink: