House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack

It seems to me the start of the US House of Representatives investigation hearing into the January 6th Capitol attack and riot started today and I figure we should be noting it over here. It’s going to be an interesting show. Let’s see what the Democratic can do. Hope springs eternal don’t you know.

What better place to start than the letter that the Department of Justice July 26th letter to various ex-trump officials. Lots of stories about it, but find the actual text was a challenge, but I did find it at: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21017899/doj-letters-to-former-trump-officials-authorizing-testimony-to-congress.pdf

Here’s the introduction:

Now a sneak peak at the center fold:

The same letter was also sent to, Richard Donoghue, Pat Hovakimian, Byung J. Pak, Bobby Christine, Jeffrey Clark.

Let the games begin.

Thanks for allowing this to squeeze through. I have the feeling there will be plenty to discuss in this thread.

Did I say discuss? Yeah, you know, hope springs eternal. ??‍♂️

I thought the investigation was going to be about how the attack got to that point. What was information was missed or not take seriously, better awareness and preparations, maybe coming out of it with some procedural recommendations.

The first day was witness accounts of some of the atrocities. I kind of agree that that should be left up to DOJ and prosecutors.

Maybe they’ll get to the “How” and just wanted the “What” as a shock and awe Opening. ?

Wonder if Cc and the other groupies support this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/OccupyCongress?src=hashtag_click

“groupies” what is wrong with you?

What do you even mean with that?

But I guess, expecting any sort of grown up response seems too much to hope for.

Will Tex surprise me? Throw me bone.

As for the tragedy of poor people, and not so poor, facing evictions it sucks.

Wish I knew what to do.

Do you have any solutions to offer?

You say any solutions to offer? That’s what I asked you.

Hashtag occupy Congress.

Are you on board??

@djtexas said: Hashtag occupy Congress. Are you on board??
An invitation to commit treason!!
Hashtag occupy Congress.

Why? I see no reason to commit treason. President Biden is doing a very good job- better than the dotard did, that’s for sure.

Evictions is a starter

The Biden White House issued a statement Monday afternoon effectively disavowing any responsibility for the vast social misery its actions are helping to cause.

@djtexas you are either again quoting Faux news or alike source OR you are misquoting again. Either way, I’m pretty sure that isn’t what was said.

Are you a flat earthrer reality denier? They issued a statement saying they will do nothing but asked the landlords pretty please do something

Are you a flat earthrer reality denier? -- dj
When someone assumes I'm reading the same things they are, it's usually the case that they are interpreting things differently than me. When they don't link to what they are talking about, usually, there's something they don't want me to see.

I have a Wash Po reporting on Biden and eviction prevention: https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/08/03/white-house-evictions-democrats/?wpmk=1&wpisrc=al_news__alert-economy--alert-politics--alert-national

When someone responds with a link it doesnt mean that person has taken the time and effort to open and read it otherwise they would have been able pull bits out if it to refute the criticism.

I’ve read it and just because I don’t quote from it, doesn’t mean I haven’t read it. Obviously you have not read it or you’d be willing to discuss it.

Show me from Monday statement where I am wrong.

At the end of the day the truth is that the eviction moratorium was allowed to expire because there is no significant support within the US ruling elite for social reform measures, let alone actions that would impinge on the profit interests of landlords, who include not just so-called “mom-and-pop” owners of a few properties, but giant financial concerns that control real estate empires.

When someone responds with a link it doesnt mean that person has taken the time and effort – DJ
Good one. However what is “usually” true is not always true.

Also, “burden of proof”. You raised the topic. I am not required to fact check you or to explain facts to you. Saying that I am required, is trolling.

Show me from Monday statement where I am wrong. – DJ
Like that. You are not a teacher, you don’t own this forum space, you aren’t in charge here.
no significant support within the US ruling elite for social reform measures,
You are however, Captain Obvious

Isn’t this thread “House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack” ?

How about taking the above discussion back to its home: “Democrats let US eviction moratorium expire.”

As my Oma used to say:" Ordnung muss sein!"

Then, when ever the Democrats get the lead out of their arrears, this thread can get back to its namesake.

https://january6th.house.gov/news