Free Food, Free Speech and Free of Police: Inside Seattle's 'Autonomous Zone'

How come you are not infected by progressive politics?
Maybe because I'm from Philly so I never had to live with homogeneity and isolation. I was fairly progressive when I was younger, though.
thatoneguy said:

Concentrated Whiteness must be the main ingredient.

Now you are getting it! LACK OF DIVERSITY eventually leads to severe social problems.

I was fairly progressive when I was younger, though.
Sad that you went to the Dark Side.

@citizenchallenge You don’t even want to know everything I know about you. Good luck with the world you choose to live in because what we’ve seen you’re indeed challenged.

Caucasia

@timb You really are a caricature of a caricature.

@mitch70 to citizenchallenge You don’t even want to know everything I know about you. Good luck with the world you choose to live in because what we’ve seen you’re indeed challenged.
Oh boy sounds like an implied threat. When rational discussion and constructive learning is despised what else is there Mitch70? Mitch I had to go back to see what brought that out of you.
I quoted you = @mitch70 I absolutely hate…

Then I added: “That about sums it up doesn’t. Absolutely self-certain and perhaps proud of the hate. After all it is a long standing human trait.”

I’ve been watching an excellent series of documentaries “Fall of Civilizations” https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT6Y5JJPKe_JDMivpKgVXew

It surely puts today’s situation into a sober perspective. When things get scary people get primal and tribal and rational evidence based thinking and acting and civility goes out the window – and the thugs take over. Same as it ever was, only this time, we’ve bet our entire world.

You know, I was actually speaking in generalities of what fuels America’s White Supremacism tendencies. I’m thinking you took it as something specifically aimed at you. It wasn’t, and my apologies - for you I’d intended it more as a question than a statement. Don’t suppose you’d care to discuss your inner biases and emotional drivers?

My next comment was:

What made this series especial fascinating besides how well it’s made and narrated, is that I learn about all these civilizations long ago. Old news. Oh but wait a moment, researching have been combing for ever more evidence and understanding, while I’ve been off doing other things.

Now this guy comes along with an excellent synthesis of much of\ that new evidence and how it has enriched and altered our previous understanding. Khmer empire, Easter Island – wow, . . .

Did that double down on your discomfort? Do you know much about ancient civilizations and the seasons of mankind? Or the evolution thereof? Would love to have an actual discussion on it. Where do we start?

@mitch70 to citizenchallenge You don’t even want to know everything I know about you
Actually I'd be curious to know. Since I'm pretty sure most of it will be fabricated slanderizing, with a distinct disregard for respect or honesty.
Urban Dictionary www.urbandictionary.com › define › term=slanderize to slanderize, you make up lies about people, in the guise of truth Slanderizing has been often done by politicians and hipsters who think they are cool enough to lie about their friends in a legalistic way.
Are you staking me? Or are you simply a fan of Jim Steele, or Poptech and believe their florid transparent attacks on me and my writings about our disfunction climate science dialogue?

Of course, I know how it works with the Alt Right, most your dirt is created behind closed doors and circulated without any concern for factuality, honesty - nor the decency to confront your perceived enemy and give them a chance to respond. {Common decency is out the window because of why??? Perhaps fear, insecurity and festering hatred?} At least I got the balls to face the music and discuss it openly, honestly, even admit mistakes and learn from them. What do you have? Reaching for a bludgeon?

Oh boy sounds like an implied threat.
I saw that. I thought about doing some blue text, but that's getting kind of redundant. Mitch doesn't seem to care anymore.

True dat.

You know me, I can handle a little mud slinging coming and going.

Thanks for the thought.

Now you are getting it! LACK OF DIVERSITY eventually leads to severe social problems.
How can you think progressive politics are bad?
You know, I was actually speaking in generalities of what fuels America’s White Supremacism tendencies.
Nothing ominous. We founded the country and kept it going great. Look:

Ten richest Americans 100% White

US Congress 90% White

US Governors 96% White

Top military advisors 100% White

President and Vice President 100% White

US House Freedom Caucus 99% White

US Presidential Cabinet 91% White

People who decide which TV shows we see 93% White

People who decide which books we read 90% White

People who decide which news is covered 85% White

People who decide which music is produced 95% White

People who directed the top 100 grossing films 95% White

Teachers 82% White

Full time college professors 84% White

Owners of professional football teams 97% White

The most powerful group in the country. This is White supremacy.

•     From White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo. Stats taken from 2016 to 2017.

TimB: Now you are getting it! LACK OF DIVERSITY eventually leads to severe social problems.

oneguy: How can you think progressive politics are bad?

I don’t.

CC: Thanks for continuing to sound the warning bells by showing the video above. Maybe some will eventually listen and react.

Over 1300 neo-Nazi/KKK type groups in 2012, now probably more, but bolstered now by their having a like minded DOTUS running the federal govt, is reason for alarm.

Their plans to have a nationwide presence at polling booths this November is reason for alarm.

Having the T rump continuing to destroy my country for even one more day, is reason for alarm.

The oh so stupid nationalists think globalism is their enemy. They think that the T rump is a champion of average working folks. That is oh so stupid. They think that the T rump is “making America first” when he is personally causing the USA to be FAR less respected in the world at large. That is oh so stupid. Yet these oh so stupid nationalists seem to dream of violently imposing their oh so stupid will.

Their plans to have a nationwide presence at polling booths this November is reason for alarm.
Relax, not even the US Government has the resources to guard every polling booth this November.
I don’t.
Then you misunderstood my comment upthread. I said the Whitest areas are also the most progressive -- and you answered that lack of diversity causes social problems.
Ten richest Americans 100% White US Congress 90% White US Governors 96% White Top military advisors 100% White President and Vice President 100% White US House Freedom Caucus 99% White US Presidential Cabinet 91% White People who decide which TV shows we see 93% White People who decide which books we read 90% White People who decide which news is covered 85% White People who decide which music is produced 95% White People who directed the top 100 grossing films 95% White Teachers 82% White Full time college professors 84% White Owners of professional football teams 97% White The most powerful group in the country. This is White supremacy.
Gotta nitpick here, some of these are controlled by our very special friends.
Gotta nitpick here, some of these are controlled by our very special friends.
Very astute.

Of course, they include the “whitest of whites” (your phrase), who would condemn white privilege, the very entitlement they use to patronize and enslave their victims. And they are among the ten richest in the country for starters. Come to think of it, they are all there excluding Donald Trump.

Then you misunderstood my comment upthread. I said the Whitest areas are also the most progressive — and you answered that lack of diversity causes social problems.
And you did not register my reply to that assertion. Which basically was that Oregon was initially the whitest of States and was COMPLETELY lacking in diversity from its inception, until integration became inevitable due to Oregon being part of a larger republic. At that point, the still VERY white Oregon became a haven for the KKK and all they have to offer.

So that sustained intense resistance to be segregated, iow, that lack of supporting diversity, resulted in social problems. Unless you don’t consider the KKK to be a source of social problems, which I suppose you may not.

Sree, you think that all those white people controlling everything is great?

It is not. It is pathetic, actually, that our nation is no further along than it is in providing equal justice for all. And that it continues (especially under the T rump and other RepugLIARS) to maintain income and wealth disparity that prevents us from having a vibrant middle class.