Free Food, Free Speech and Free of Police: Inside Seattle's 'Autonomous Zone'

Sree, you think that all those white people controlling everything is great?
I don't care what skin color people controlling everything have as long as they are great at what they are doing. I like the way the country is going in giving me the best life I can live on this planet. If doing your best is not good enough, you need to move over and let someone else do the job to make the country great for everyone. Meritocracy. This is my idea of justice for all.

This doesn’t mean I am heartless. If you can’t think straight, slow in the head and have one leg shorter than the other, you need to be provided for in terms of good food, clothing, shelter and healthcare. I am willing to work with you to get this. I won’t support your right to bitch and moan about disparity between you and the ten richest people in America.

Were our system a pure meritocracy, then you would have a point. It is not.

Take your hero, for example, the T rump. He was given money beginning as a toddler, and then thru out his life. Seriously what merit does he have? Being a successful conman? Being a 2 bit reality TV star? Although he always says he will make America great, or that he has already done so, he is a LIAR. And look around, I am sure you are fine, but the country is messed up and our standing in the world is deteriorating fast. We are in a great recession and 118,000 at least are dead from the T rump’s lack of management of the Pandemic.

Those who already have money tend to be the ones making more and more money. What is the merit in just being given money?

Conversely there are poor people who work hard, in multiple jobs, and do good quality work, and yet not make enough to properly raise a small family. Such people are not ever going to be wealthy, even if they do merit it. And the T rump is not going to help them. Like all RepugLIARS he gives the bulk of governmental favors to rich corporations, donors, and cronies.

Meritocracy
Insidious. Claim the world is meritorious, then use that to claim the current power is legit. Meanwhile, coaches, dads, bosses and Srees tell us life isn't fair.
And you did not register my reply to that assertion. Which basically was that Oregon was initially the whitest of States and was COMPLETELY lacking in diversity from its inception, until integration became inevitable due to Oregon being part of a larger republic. At that point, the still VERY white Oregon became a haven for the KKK and all they have to offer. So that sustained intense resistance to be segregated, iow, that lack of supporting diversity, resulted in social problems. Unless you don’t consider the KKK to be a source of social problems, which I suppose you may not.
What social problems are you talking about? KKK is not a problem if there are no non-Whites around to attack. The pacific northwest has historically fewer social problems than most of America because of it's homogenous population.

The original point was that the most progressive parts of this country are also the Whitest. Oregon’s extremely White population gave rise to its progressive politics.

Sree, you think that all those white people controlling everything is great? It is not. It is pathetic, actually, that our nation is no further along than it is in providing equal justice for all. And that it continues (especially under the T rump and other RepugLIARS) to maintain income and wealth disparity that prevents us from having a vibrant middle class.
Oddly enough with all the problems we have resulting from diversity, White-led USA is still ahead of the rest of the world in equality for all.
KKK is not a problem if there are no non-Whites around to attack.
Good point.
Oregon’s extremely White population gave rise to its progressive politics.
Why is that, though?

Why is that, though?
I don't know but I suspect it has something to do with the Germanic background of the people who settled there and the isolation of the region.

oneguy, it much be such a pleasant world to live one, one where you can make up any explanation for anything and be happy with it. Such ease and nonchalance without a care in the world except your own thoughts.

The original point was that the most progressive parts of this country are also the Whitest. Oregon’s extremely White population gave rise to its progressive politics.
And that original point is wrong because ORIGINALLY Oregon WAS aggressively ALL WHITE. How come that ALL WHITE original population give rise to progressive politics? That is your original point. The whitest become the most progressive. But that did not happen until a bit of integration happened, followed by the terrorism of the KKK, and THEN eventually Oregon became progressive. Perhaps, in part, because they realized the error of enforcing segregation with terror.

(Your over-riding general point is that segregated or “homogenous” societies – GOOD. Integrated societies – BAD.)

Anyway Oregon remained pretty white, but also became politically progressive. What were the terrible social problems that you imply came of that?

The clear problem that I see, is that SOME subset of whites just cannot deal with diversity. And they blame this inadequacy of theirs on diversity itself.

Oddly enough with all the problems we have resulting from diversity, White-led USA is still ahead of the rest of the world in equality for all.
I am afraid I have to nitpick here. The problems resulting from diversity do not come from every ethnic group. Most are content with White-led USA.

Actually what made the fall of every great empire had always been the people doubting the system itself.

What’s the death toll in the Autozone?

@sree If I’m wrong I’m ok with that but this forum is about the win, not the reason.

@Lausent You play a game in your head as things that would get you banned or not as head key-master. The only reason Myriaa was not given Dougs position as was that she is a woman. I really thought she was next in line. Either her or Asanta.

@timb you really dumb everything down to finding photo’s of KKK pics from ages past. ¥ou really are sad. (And that is my opnion)

@timb Good job. Add 1940’s photos with 2000 protesters and make it a hate white people photo. Good job. I

@timb Good job. Add 1940’s photos with 2000 protesters and make it a hate white people photo. Good job.

Can we get more dates on our racist photos, or is this just to create more racial hatred?

Sorry my bad. We had no dates on the photos so I guess we’re to assume they were all recent photos? Can we get an answer on this?

@mitch70

@sree If I’m wrong I’m ok with that but this forum is about the win, not the reason.
Wrong about what? All your posts have been right on the money, as far as I am concerned. In this forum, self-doubt can arise because not everybody is walking around right side up.