Forced to reregister

This is not so much an introduction, but an explanation. I was suddenly unable to access my CFI account. It started rejecting my password and when I asked for a new one, it would not accept the new one CFI sent, either. So now I’ve been relegated to Junior member status, even though I had more than 2000 posts under my previous registration under Lois. I am now LoisL.
Go figure.
Lois

Welcome LoisL. We look forward to your contributions. Don’t be shy :stuck_out_tongue:

A clean slate as it were.

Loisl? Hmm, do you know a certain superhero who is mild mannered and changes in a phone booth? You know, I had the same problem when Ebay was attacked. They made us re-register so now all of my previous purchases by number were wiped out and I’ve been a member since 1998. I feel your pain, Lois.
Cap’t Jack

This is very strange, and I can’t see any reason why it would happen. You (that is, the “Lois” account) isn’t banned, it is still an active account in good standing.

Oh Lois, I empathize with your suffering. I had the same thing happen about three or four years ago when I had to reregister, add a period to my screen name, and also slip back to junior status. However, you’ll build your count fairly rapidly, and do as I do when I look at the post numbers - add the ones for Occam to the ones for Occam., and be happy with the total. :slight_smile: Note that while I’m stuck with the period for the screen name, I still sign my posts without it as I see you did.
Occam

Welcome LoisL. We look forward to your contributions. Don't be shy :-P
I'll try to not be shy! ;) Lois
Loisl? Hmm, do you know a certain superhero who is mild mannered and changes in a phone booth? You know, I had the same problem when Ebay was attacked. They made us re-register so now all of my previous purchases by number were wiped out and I've been a member since 1998. I feel your pain, Lois. Cap't Jack
My husband keeps telling me it's him! Lois
This is very strange, and I can't see any reason why it would happen. You (that is, the "Lois" account) isn't banned, it is still an active account in good standing.
No, I didn't think I was banned, but for whatever reason I was suddenly not automatically signed in and could not sign in with my screen name and password. Even stranger was that I clicked on "Forgot Password," followed the directions to get a new one, had a new one sent to me, only to have it also rejected whether I keyed it in or pasted it in. I tried this twice. The new passwords sent to me by the Forum were both rejected. Lois

And there you see the truth of the Password Generation joke posted fairly generally. I’ll try to put it up here. :lol:
Occam

Senior trying to set a password in his/her new computer
WINDOWS: Please enter your new password.
USER: cabbage
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.
USER: boiled cabbage
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain a numerical character.
USER: 1 boiled cabbage
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.
USER: 50bloodyboiledcabbages
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.
USER: 50BLOODYboiledcabbages
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.
USER: 50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon’tGiveMeAccessNow!
WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.
USER: ReallyPissedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDo ntGiveMeAccessNow
WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use

And after a password has finally been accepted, the next day when the user logs on:
WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is not recognized.

Lois,
I still cannot post from my phone. I bring this up because I had some wonderfully funny snarckisms first thing this morning for you about your dilemma but they wouldn’t take. :frowning:
That is really frustrating though! :frowning: Maybe it will unlock itself in a few days ooooooor… we could all pray for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
MzLee

Lois, I still cannot post from my phone. I bring this up because I had some wonderfully funny snarckisms first thing this morning for you about your dilemma but they wouldn't take. :( That is really frustrating though! :( Maybe it will unlock itself in a few days ooooooor..... we could all pray for you. ;-P MzLee
Thanks, I think! :roll:
This is not so much an introduction, but an explanation. I was suddenly unable to access my CFI account. It started rejecting my password and when I asked for a new one, it would not accept the new one CFI sent, either. So now I've been relegated to Junior member status, even though I had more than 2000 posts under my previous registration under Lois. I am now LoisL. Go figure. Lois
Bummer, I feel your pain, I used to be "citizenschallenge" lost, lost, all lost… ;-P

Onward, onward, never look back. :lol:
Occam(with a . )

Onward, onward, never look back. :lol: Occam(with a . )
OK with a dot :cheese:

In case you didn’t see it the first time, CC, I too got caught by that glitch. I used to just be Occam, but then was blocked by the password problem, so had to start as a new member with the same name, but with a period after it. That’s the dot.
Occam

Onward, onward, never look back. :lol: Occam(with a . )
OK with a dot :cheese:
In case you didn't see it the first time, CC, I too got caught by that glitch. I used to just be Occam, but then was blocked by the password problem, so had to start as a new member with the same name, but with a period after it. That's the dot. Occam
Oh no, I remember you joining our club. Gave me a certain reassurance that all was OK with this little world… :-)