Citizenschallenge back in third incarnation.

Hello,
I actually joined CFI as citizenschallenge which is my pen name back in 2007.
Unfortunately I suck with other’s names, and do even worse with my passwords and managed to lose my password back around 2010 and had to set up a new account as citizenschallenge.pm.
WARNING CFI CAN NOT RETRIEVE PASSWORDS. Save your’s where you can find it.
True to form I lost that password in short order, but it wasn’t an issue until now when I needed to buy a new computer after wearing out my trusty MissMac, so I had to hand her in for a newer model. Unfortunately unlike women, computers don’t get better with age, I really liked her.
It’s a shame my commenting record under citizenschallenge.pm will probably disappear as did my first threes years worth. Then again, ain’t like it matters much, as they say it’s all good.
It the conversations I’m here for.

WARNING CFI CAN NOT RETRIEVE PASSWORDS. Save your's where you can find it.
*Sigh* Indeed.
WARNING CFI CAN NOT RETRIEVE PASSWORDS. Save your's where you can find it.
*Sigh* Indeed. Hey but I still love ya. Even tried sending you a PM, but it wouldn't let me. Guess my first hour as a new member is about up now, I'll try sending it again.
Hello, I actually joined CFI as citizenschallenge which is my pen name back in 2007. Unfortunately I suck with other's names, and do even worse with my passwords and managed to lose my password back around 2010 and had to set up a new account as citizenschallenge.pm. WARNING CFI CAN NOT RETRIEVE PASSWORDS. Save your's where you can find it. True to form I lost that password in short order, but it wasn't an issue until now when I needed to buy a new computer after wearing out my trusty MissMac, so I had to hand her in for a newer model. Unfortunately unlike women, computers don't get better with age, I really liked her. It's a shame my commenting record under citizenschallenge.pm will probably disappear as did my first threes years worth. Then again, ain't like it matters much, as they say it's all good. It the conversations I'm here for.
I had a similar situation, but it had nothing to do with a password. I just couldn't post under my screen name Lois and had to start a new account with LoisL. I had had a couple of thousand posts under my original screen name, which went off to the angels (I think).

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago but was able to rest my password. First time that has happened for me. Last year I had to stab at my password until I figured it out, so apparently the gurus behind the scenes upgraded something.

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago but was able to rest my password. First time that has happened for me. Last year I had to stab at my password until I figured it out, so apparently the gurus behind the scenes upgraded something.
If you still have access to the email address with which you signed up, you should be able to reset your password by clicking on the appropriate link. If you have lost access to that email address however you are out of luck. We do not have access to passwords and hence cannot email them to you or change them manually. If you have access to the email address associated with your account and for some reason cannot reset the password, let me know and I can check with our backend tech folks to see if there is some SNAFU with the system. (Before doing that though please check spam folders, etc.)

I never save passwords in my browser, so I have to type them in everytime. And repeating the same over and over again is the way for learning by heart…
Other methods: password safes, (there are many of them, for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android,…), or e.g. Masterpassword].

I never save passwords in my browser, so I have to type them in everytime. And repeating the same over and over again is the way for learning by heart... Other methods: password safes, (there are many of them, for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android,....), or e.g. Masterpassword].
Nice to know you still look in on us. Anything new and exciting over at CERN to report? :cheese:
Sounds more like downgrading.
Nice to know you still look in on us.
Oh, I regularly do, but activity in general has gone down here. I sometimes chime in, but I must confess I get tired of believers, people making unclear points, intolerance, and repeating the same discussions over and over again (see e.g here]).
Anything new and exciting over at CERN to report? :cheese:
No, sorry. No big discoveries, just small successes building up new experiments. You can look for yourself: www.cern.org. But I hope to visit CERN next year, together with some colleagues of our computer centre (I work as database system administrator). We asked for a talk about their IT structure of course. If you know how many data must be processed, sent via the network, calculated, and last but not least (from my point of view...) stored in databases: it must be impressive.