C-19 scores 1 Aircraft Carrier / T rump scores a chance to play Judge Judy

Instead of acting as a competent, responsible Commander in Chief, and taking steps to insure that our Navy does not continue to be taken out by our current enemy, T rump only thinks about getting involved in the controversy about the Captain of the ship being dismissed.

Enough said.

What has Trump done this time?

Nothing.

That is my point. We have lost the function of an aircraft carrier, and instead of getting on top of the NAVY to make sure that they have a plan to insure that our fleet can not potentially be taken out by a microscopic invader, T rump tweets about possibly getting involved in the issue of whether the dismissal of the Captain was what should have happened.

I suggest that a decision like that could be left to Judge Judy, not the CinC. The CinC should be concerned about the possibility of the next aircraft carrier or Nuclear Sub going out of commission due to C-19.

Nobody knows that he isn’t thinking about it. The navy has its own directives for these events that have already been implemented like cancelling port calls (ships docking in foreign countries and crew going ashore) so its not like they’re waiting on Trump’s great ideas.

So, I guess, then, that T rump is keeping it out of the news that the Navy has things under control? He hasn’t mentioned it in his Daily Pandemic Propaganda and Re-election Panel. I as an interested citizen would like to be informed as to whether our NAVY ships and Subs are going to be potentially put out of commission regularly over the course of the pandemic.

The acting Navy Secretary, Thomas Modly, who fired the carrier captain, Crozier, has resigned. Apparently, his “too naive and too stupid” rant berating the captain in front of the crew was leaked to the media. Modly is non-military. Who the hell was Crozier’s reporting to in the chain of command? Trump needs to do some damage control here.

On this topic, T rump mainly should be determining that the C-19 is NOT going to put any other parts of our armada out of commission.

Judge Judy can intervene with Captains and Naval Secretaries that screw up personnel issues. I’m just saying that the functionality of our entire NAVY should be the priority here.

The acting Navy Secretary, Thomas Modly, who fired the carrier captain, Crozier, has resigned. Apparently, his “too naive and too stupid” rant berating the captain in front of the crew was leaked to the media. Modly is non-military. Who the hell was Crozier’s reporting to in the chain of command? Trump needs to do some damage control here.
As Secretary of the Navy Modly had the authority to relieve Capt. Crozier.
I as an interested citizen would like to be informed as to whether our NAVY ships and Subs are going to be potentially put out of commission regularly over the course of the pandemic.
There's a thing called operational security which prevents the public from knowing too much.

What do you call the thing that keeps T rump from knowing too much? Pathological self-involvement?

Our DOTUS could give us just a general statement about the NAVY dealing with the C-19 in such a way to assure us that ships and subs are not going to be put out of commission. But I think that our DOTUS doesn’t have a clue about that. I think he doesn’t care about anything, enough to try to understand it, unless it has a clear and present impact on his re-election chances.

Recall that this DOTUS was given heads up by various sources, in Jan and Feb. And Azar who was really trying to get T rump to understand the pandemic threat in CHI-nah, finally got to meet with T rump individually to go over the threat. T rump didn’t want to hear it. Instead he demanded that flavored Vapes be re-instated to sell on the open market.

So instead of even considering the pandemic threat, he was trying to get flavored vapes back on the market. So young people could have time to weaken their lungs thru vaping in time for the arrival of the C-19 to arrive and possibly finish them off.

Here is a guy with an actual plan to protect our Navy’s ships and sailors. Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus. Too bad we don’t have a CinC who has the wherewithal to develop a plan, or even to get his Naval Commanders to come up with a plan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bring-every-ship-in-former-navy-secretary-says-its-time-for-drastic-measures-to-fight-coronavirus/ar-BB12GDN5?ocid=spartanntp

Mabus said it was “distressing that it doesn’t look like they have a plan” implemented after the political scandal that roiled aboard the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt earlier this month…

“It’s going to be hard because they may be in port in Norfolk or in San Diego, and once they go back on the ship and the ship is COVID-free, they’re not going to get off to see their families,” Mabus said. “But if we don’t do that, I think you’re going to see the situation that played out on the [USS Theodore Roosevelt] play out over and over again — not just on those big ships, but virtually every ship that we have in the Navy.”

Very impractical plan. No surprise, though.

Mabus was the worst secretary of the navy in recent years. He was the dipshit who was more worried about changing the name of ratings to promote gender neutrality than promoting battle readiness.

As if Mabus, not the current crop of Navy top command (and the CinC), ever lost an aircraft carrier to an epidemic.

The Theodore Roosevelt is out of commission. I don’t think Mabus was Sec of Navy when ships were lost to Ebola.

Perhaps Mabus’s plan is not a very practical plan, yet it may be the best solution, anyway, to keep ships in commission.

(Still, I can see how the change of the name of ratings, that Mabus decided on, could be quite upsetting to male chauvinists.)

@thatoneguy

Mabus was the worst secretary of the navy in recent years. He was the dipshit who was more worried about changing the name of ratings to promote gender neutrality than promoting battle readiness.
I am not against women in the Navy, but why can't we deploy them everywhere except on warships and fighter jets?

(Still, I can see how the change of the name of ratings, that Mabus decided on, could be quite upsetting to male chauvinists.)
I don't think it has anything to do with chauvinism. If anything, it has got to do with a discomfort with change. Women have been serving in the US Military since 1948. They have been proud sharing the jobtitles with the men in the manner women take the names of their husbands. Mabus was a trouble maker.

Ok, the sailors have a problem with change. I suggest they get used to it. Change happens. So what was the big trouble that Mabus made?

As if Mabus, not the current crop of Navy top command (and the CinC), ever lost an aircraft carrier to an epidemic. The Theodore Roosevelt is out of commission. I don’t think Mabus was Sec of Navy when ships were lost to Ebola.
What are you taking about? There were no ships lost to Ebola.
Perhaps Mabus’s plan is not a very practical plan, yet it may be the best solution, anyway, to keep ships in commission. (Still, I can see how the change of the name of ratings, that Mabus decided on, could be quite upsetting to male chauvinists.)
His plan is also a great way to demonstrate vulnerability to attack.

The big trouble that Mabus made was making changes, the kind that annoy. It’s the kind that gets you a broken jaw in a bar when you ask someone to change his seat so you can have it. Capisce?

I am not against women in the Navy, but why can’t we deploy them everywhere except on warships and fighter jets?
We love to fail. Modern surface navy is a joke. Makes me feel bad for the few squids who aren't wimpy fuckups.

Good “to the point” article about the shitty job Mabus did.

Global warming and political incorrectness are the greatest threats to the United States, and it is the job of America’s Navy to protect us from those threats. For the past eight years, that has been the strategic legacy of Navy Secretary Ray Mabus, and the primary goal of his successor should be to ensure that Mabus has no legacy. The traditional mission of the US Navy has been to deter potentially hostile navies, or failing to do that, defeat them. Getting the US naval services back to that philosophy is going to be a big job for the new administration. The Mabus priorities have been making the naval services more caring, inclusive, and environmentally protective. Discipline, combat effectiveness, and readiness have been secondary goals at best. Under Mabus, the Navy has sunk to readiness levels approaching those of the post-Vietnam Carter era. The breakdown of the appropriately named USS Zumwalt in the Panama Canal late last year is symbolic of Mabus and his “Great Green Fleet” concept. Zumwalt was arguably the worst Chief of Naval Operations in history. His namesake ship has been a disaster. Its main gun fires a round that is so expensive that it cannot be used in training, and would be ineffective in supporting sustained land operations, which is one of its primary missions. The disgraceful conduct of sailors captured by the Iranians last year, and the incompetence of seamanship that led to the incident, are a direct reflection of the misplaced priorities of the Department of the Navy under Mabus.