The continuing spread of C-19 due to non-mask wearing is ALL on the t rump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/trump-unmasked/ar-BB1625ri?ocid=spartanntp

...until President Trump wears a mask and tells Americans to do so too, the nation will remain dangerously divided on this critical effort, threatening the health of all of us.

As we approach July 4 and contemplate its meaning, it’s striking that our displays of patriotism rarely require acts of self-sacrifice. It’s not much of a burden, of course, to wear a face mask in public. But it’s entirely revealing that this very simple act — one that could save the lives of millions of Americans and ensure the nation’s well-being — has elicited such defiant, even virulent, responses.

Americans rightly prize their individualism. But a nation that cannot prioritize its common bonds over individual rights, especially in a pandemic moment, has little chance of survival.

Such a simple act of leadership, it would be, yet it seems so far beyond the capacity of the t rump. Some wonder whether he wants the virus to spread and kill off more of those who don’t like him. But that doesn’t seem to fit as a motive, now, because the virus is spreading in mostly reddish states now.

I guess it’s just all he knows. Follow a usual chain of behavior that has worked for him in the past, no matter what. It is probably as simple as he thinks a mask would make him look weak, and he must only pretend to project strength in order to win re-election.

That is the one over-riding explanation of why the t rump does any of the strange things he does. He is calculating at every given moment, what is best in terms of his getting re-elected. Any behavior that is not (in his judgement of the moment) adding to his re-election chances, is weeded away, no matter how sane or helpful to the nation it might be.

Such a simple act of leadership, it would be, yet it seems so far beyond the capacity of the t rump. Some wonder whether he wants the virus to spread and kill off more of those who don’t like him. But that doesn’t seem to fit as a motive, now, because the virus is spreading in mostly reddish states now.
An act of leadership is just what it is - an act, a show, a performance that can be executed with a patch of cloth or leading from behind.
I guess it’s just all he knows. Follow a usual chain of behavior that has worked for him in the past, no matter what. It is probably as simple as he thinks a mask would make him look weak, and he must only pretend to project strength in order to win re-election.
It's all about symbolism. Just as the red hat makes you jump up and down in a tizzy, the covid mask has become the "white" flag of surrender.
That is the one over-riding explanation of why the t rump does any of the strange things he does. He is calculating at every given moment, what is best in terms of his getting re-elected. Any behavior that is not (in his judgement of the moment) adding to his re-election chances, is weeded away, no matter how sane or helpful to the nation it might be.
It's not about re-election. It's about not submitting to pressure. He knows that people are running scared in the face of the pandemic.

“Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown” and Trump sees responsibilities beyond dealing with the virus. He knows that in times of darkness people do strange things to seek comfort: kids hug teddies and grown men wear masks. I am glad he prefers to stand between me and the darkness America is facing.

Wow. You’ve got it bad. The t rump worship syndrome. (TWS). Any act of idiocy that the t rump does, you see as laudable.

He knows that in times of darkness people do strange things to seek comfort: kids hug teddies and grown men wear masks. I am glad he prefers to stand between me and the darkness America is facing.
It is astounding how full of crap your assertions can be without being borne by extra large, extra absorbent diapers.

So I was remiss in saying that the problem is all on the t rump. The responsibility also lies with his adoring TWS disciples.

I do think that there is one thing that the t rump could do right now that could possibly (not for sure, but possibly) result in his re-election. It is unethical, but quite do-able, so he would no doubt do it. So I will not say what it is. He hasn’t done it yet, afaik. And maybe he is too stupid to figure it out for himself.

Wow. You’ve got it bad. The t rump worship syndrome.
I worship nobody. Trump may be the President of the United States to you but, to me, he is just a government employee who works for me. I have no complaints with regard to his job performance; especially, in view of the obstructions Democrats keep throwing in his way. May God keep protecting him against the Devil and his angels.
I worship nobody... May God keep protecting him against the Devil and his angels.
It may be that denial is a fundamental symptom of TWS. You deny the t rump, like Peter denied Jesus. Then you pray that God protects him from Satanic angels.
I have no complaints with regard to his job performance; especially, in view of the obstructions Democrats keep throwing in his way.
So you are happy with what the t rump has wrought in our nation. I suppose that the disastrous response that the t rump has had in regards to the pandemic for the past several months (and which he continues) is an example of an "obstruction" that the Dems have thrown his way???

Is the economy in the craphole an obstruction done by the Dems???

Is the support of racists by the t rump, something that the Dems get him to do???

Is his ignorance as a C-in-C, something arranged by the Dems???

Is our standing as a nation in the world also going in to the craphole, is that an obstruction that the Dems somehow got the t rump to arrange???

How did the Dems get him to break laws? How did they get him to obstruct justice over and over and over? How did they get him to hire criminal after criminal as part of his administration???

How did the Dems get him to kidnap the children of asylum seekers???

How did the Dems get him to constantly cozy up to world dictators while persistently insulting our traditional allies???

AND how have the Dems gotten this pea-brain to champion the cause of NOT wearing a mask during a severe on-going Pandemic (which is passed on through respiration)???

It would be funny if Trump showed up tomorrow with a mask on and everybody who hates him started questioning the need to wear one, simply because he would now be on the other side of the argument.

We might say “unlikely” but how look how quickly the attitude towards social distancing changed during the riots.

The brutal truth is medical advice is lesser than ideology.

It would be funny if Trump showed up tomorrow with a mask on and everybody who hates him started questioning the need to wear one,
You are a piece of work. You think everyone is as stupidly vindictive and reactionary as that malignant trump.

Do you possess any ethic or civil standards, didn’t your mama ever teach you about right and wrong and such.

You actually believe trump is the victim here?

And the delusion you weave for yourself Guy, for christ sake those protests and the mutual violence were about a lot of pent up resentment and anger, they were not about trump. Though having that little hate-mongering dictator wannabe in the White House sure has helped dissolve what civility was left on the streets.

oneguy: The brutal truth is medical advice is lesser than ideology.
That does seem to be the case for the RepugLIARS. However, liberals are not going to stop wearing masks if the t rump finally starts. Liberals will say "It's about f___ing time." and "Thank goodness, fewer people will die now."

There ARE FINALLY some of the RepugLIARS party in Congress who are starting to openly speak about the need for everyone to wear masks.

The t rump, however, has put himself in a corner.

CC: You actually believe trump is the victim here?
The t rump is not the victim. He is the murderer of tens of thousands who would likely not have died by now, had he not been criminally incompetent, at best, in his handling of the Pandemic.

For those who don’t care about the lives lost. You are probably concerned about our tanked economy. The t rump’s continuing incompetence is holding up a successful re-opening of the economy, also. The t rump is such a fool, he doesn’t realize that he is defeating himself. He thinks he can get away with the death toll. And maybe he could. But he knows that he needs the economy, at least, to come back strong. But fool that he is, he prevents it from happening.

Just pointing out that liberals are very flaky about this virus prevention garbage – as we recently saw with the rioting. The medical establishment is not exactly setting a good example either, as a big chunk of it condoned the rioting.

Like I said, ideology is much stronger than science. Nothing you can do about it.

The medical establishment is not exactly setting a good example either, as a big chunk of it condoned the rioting.
Is there any truth to the story about US taxpayer funding of the Covid virus research in Wuhan through the CDC and NIH? Apparently, we were in partnership with the Chinese in monkeying around with the germ. Fauci must know. Bill Gates also because he was giving a talk about the Covid pandemic way back in October, 2019.
Like I said, ideology is much stronger than science.
Damned straight just look at that monster in the White House and travesty of his disregard for science and medicine and fundamental Physical Reality.

Furthermore, it is the Republicans who have deliberate attacked and destroyed respect for fact based science and medicine - and turned the public dialogue into a power-political farce rather than any sort of sober constructive learning process.

You’re so wrapped up in your own superiority fantasy - you talk about “liberals” in those riot. Come on how many were there?, give me a number? But you (self-certain, superior and vindictive in your own right), must assume they represent all liberals. All liberal. Then worse, you totally refuse to examine the reasons for those people being pushed beyond their limits and engaging in that actively plus you totally disregard the many instance of police aggression against peaceful protesters. {Learning about the “Reasons” for things happening has nothing to do with “Justification” - just so we can keep that fundamental straight and upfront.}

But you don’t give a fart, your sense of entitlement along with your fear and resentment at having to deal with sharing, is all you care about. So you’ll weave together whatever makes your case regardless of truth, or honesty, or honor. It seems that ruthless domination is all that matter in your world.

Sad part is, self-destruction is all your attitude offers all it touches. But, carry on lad, no point in thinking you’ll ever want to learn anything new, or see the world with a little realistic depth. so sad, so terribly sad, …

Like I said, ideology is much stronger than science. Nothing you can do about it.
Not in all ideologies. In case you hadn't noticed, the ideologies that CC and I and others promote, are based primarily on Science. Now you are completely correct about ideologies that are ANTI-science being stronger than science. For example the "ideologies" of the RepugLIARS party and their destructive leader.

It is true that there really is not much to be done about it, other than to continue to oppose their lies and propaganda, and to vote them out of power.

Sree, I think that there WAS some joint work in Wuhan going on, in studying the Coronaviruses. That does not mean that there was anything diabolical about it.

CC wants numbers, here’s a good estimate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:George_Floyd_protests_map#/map/0

Several hundred protests with at least 100 people = 10s of thousands of liberals and a few dozen counterprotesters. Not to mention the overseas goofs doing the same.

Quite irresponsible.

Not in all ideologies. In case you hadn’t noticed, the ideologies that CC and I and others promote, are based primarily on Science.
Hahaha, that doesn't mean much when scientists themselves have resorted to ideological double standards.

Bad news all around for the “science based community”!

“A public health response to these demonstrations is also warranted, but this message must be wholly different from the response to white protesters resisting stay-home orders,” the signatories declared. “Infectious disease and public health narratives adjacent to demonstrations against racism must be consciously anti-racist, and infectious disease experts must be clear and consistent in prioritizing an anti-racist message.”
So you are saying Defending and expanding White Supremacist Racism is the same as,

medically sound and socially responsible stay-home orders - since we are dealing with a contagion.

What a sick mind you must possess. But then imagine you’d a made a great slave holder I reckon. One man’s economy is another man’s monstrosity, it’s as simple as that ey . . .

Just like the Right to Lifers that refuse to wear masks and don’t give a fart how many thousands of living adults die, they got their freedom to defend while they trample woman’s freedoms. That over 131,000 real people, not fetuses yet to take on the mantle of personhood, people with family, friends, jobs, part of the community - they don’t deserve a thought from the alt-right, except as the punchline to a joke.

The Alt-Rights double standards are outta this world and contemptible and simply speeding along our self-destruction.

Although don’t say that to the Guy, he’ll laugh it off, oh that CC, such a gloomy liberal, why can’t he see the right side of this? Life is great trump is the prez, White Supremacism is resurgent yet f’n again, what more could a red neck want? Actually I do know a few real Red Necks who hope trump dies on his own virus, so yes over-generalizing a wee bit, but, but, I see trump still has his 40% it seems. They just keep doubling down of self-delusion, must be that white superiority thing, where they’ve replaced their God with their own Ego, ah to be absolutist and proud of it. Love the smell of napalm in the morning and all that.

Keep trying to rationalize it away, but the fact remains that scientists themselves have chosen to support ideology over scientific objectivity. Not a good look for them and something they won’t recover from anytime soon.

And lol at you calling others rednecks – you live in a shack in the mountains and go to bluegrass festivals……… have some goddamn self-awareness.

fact remains that scientists themselves
Bullshit! You have a few professionals who signed a political statement, if you like. Oh they aren't allowed to have everyday opinions in your world. What they signed has nothing to do with the way science works, or the safeguards on actual research and the internal debate and fact based consensus building - if you ever did any real good faith research you would know that - but you don't you have your own bias which is all that exists in the world for you.

Oh and, you haven’t a clue where I live, how l live, or who I interact with, or have during previous decades in my life. Worse you couldn’t careless about that either, all you need is your little self drawn cartoon of me, that’s all.

Me on the other hand I’m one of those that likes to know all sides of a story, I love learning, I know I screw up, that’s why I know we need each other to keep ourselves honest.

I accept challenges and investigate and learn in order to construct the best understanding I can, given the facts at hand. I can follow through with a rational debate, you got provocative statements, one-liners and silence.

You are all about weaving strands into your grossly over biased and self certain political opinion. When I say something like Physical Reality, I bet you haven’t the slightest inkling what I’m talking about, because you’ve never actually thought about life and Earth much, you seem very satisfied with cartoons and postcard understanding and having your ego salved. So don’t get all uppity with me you silly.

Read what I write - I organize(d) and ran the greenroom at the Bluegrass Meltdown. It’s pretty dumb thinking you know my musical tastes from that. Like I said you haven’t a clue about me, wish you could respect at least that much, but guess not. Although guess you can comeback at me with my sharing that I could imagine you being very comfortable owning human chattel. So okay lets get to know each other a little. Bluegrass is okay in its time and place and when you’re in the mood, like many other styles of music. But, in reality, I take my music in small doses, love it live no matter what kind pretty much. Now how about you guy, what how you feel about owning another human-being?? How does that make your belly feel? Or does it make your chest rise?

Just curious who I’m actually talking to here.

As I recall, a lot of the protestors did wear masks. And almost all of it was outdoors. So okay, call the ones that didn’t wear masks, a-holes. But at least they were in it for a good cause. One that will help our society advance.

The RepugLIARS are being and have consistently been a-holes about mask wearing for the not-so good cause of “I support the t rump” or “I can do what I want”. Those ignoble ideals do not promote the health of our society.