Banned Books that need to be saved

I don’t see a similarity. Parental concern over what their kids are exposed to in school is nothing like rewriting old books for ideological reasons.

Pretty sure those parent’s concerns are ideological

I bet they won’t ban “Of Pandas and People”, which pretends to be scientific.

Check out Kitzmiller trial .

Parental concern is much different from liberal propaganda.

Of course it is. But they’re also open to interpretation. I find your interpretations suspect.

I though I was in a comment mode and was mistaken.
#26 is gone.

What would you consider liberal propaganda?

Republicans, and I’m referring to the political party not to actual conservatives, have been very good at searching out and then rallying a base of voters. This gives the appearance of civic engagement by concerned parents, and if you talk to those parents, they do actually parrot the talking points. Interviewers are getting better at follow-up questions, and they stumble, but no one cares, they just come back to a talking point about “gotcha questions”. It can take years of gathering data to address these nonsensical statements, and by then, they’ve come up with new ones.

Democrats have a fringe too. They are anti-GMO, they think they understand CRT and what it’s like to be trans, and they were the ones who sounded the alarm about rigged elections with voting machines. Some of them do understand these issues, but Republicans generally stay away from PhDs, instead focusing on a sound bite from an online teacher’s conference. Democrats might be able to rally this base, but my guess is they would lose at least some from the moderate middle, perhaps more than they would gain. Republicans can hang on to their moderates with promises to keep their taxes low and speak to all of the one-issue voters.

The danger of engaging that Democratic fringe is that they would provide more fuel for the Republicans who say the mainstream Democrats are secretly just like the fringe. In reality, Democrats pass and enforce civil rights legislation, sensible gun laws, and laws that protect all sexual orientations equally, all religions equally including non-belief. Democrats protect the vast majority against corporate greed and exploitation. Also, in reality, there was a large pool of Republicans ready to negotiate these issues, but they have been put on the sidelines by money and propaganda.

Right Wing propaganda is not the issue here.

LGBT literature in elementary schools is liberal propaganda.

No it isn’t. You do not understand the definition of propaganda.

Allow me:
What are 3 ways propaganda is used today?

Image result

Propaganda in the United States is spread by both government and media entities. Propaganda is carefully curated information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread. It is used in advertising, radio, newspaper, posters, books, television, films and other media.

Can you name a single school book that propagandizes LGBT?
I can name a school book that propagandizes “Intelligent Design” as an alternate to science.
It’s called “Of Pandas and People”.

And to keep this light I’ll introduce a little video of "Noah’s Ark’

Warning crude language.

We’re talking about banning books, a form of propaganda.

Propaganda is about promoting a cause with misinformation to benefit a cause or group.

When they try to write these laws, they have to be so broad that teachers don’t know what’s legal.

And what is the alternative?
Denying kids the right to learn about their bodies?

Why does the Alt Right need to demonize a child learning about sexuality?
Can you explain in a rational compassionate manner?

Here I can offer a glimpse into the pro-child perspective:

13 really good reasons to talk to your child about sex

By Cath Hakanson

Advantages in the early years

This is what the research tells us about the advantages of sex education in the early years. You’ll find the references at the bottom of this article.

1. Body positive

Your child is more likely to feel positive about their body.

2. Healthy gender identity

Your child will feel good about being a boy or a girl.

3. Diversity friendly

Your child will appreciate and accept individual differences.

4. Better parent/child communication

Your child is more likely to talk to you about things.

5. Recognise boundaries

Your child is more likely to understand appropriate and inappropriate behaviour.

6. Accepting of change

Your child is more likely to understand and accept physical and emotional changes.

7. Disclose sexual abuse

Your child is more likely to report inappropriate sexual touch.

8. Safer from sexual abuse

Your child is more likely to be less vulnerable to exploitation and sexual abuse.

The teenage years

9. Make smart sexual decisions

Your teen is more likely to make informed and responsible sexual decisions in later life.

10. Delay sexual activity

Your teen is more likely to be older (than average) when they first try a sexual activity.

11. Sex will be safer and consensual

A teenager’s first experience of sex is more likely to be wanted, protected and competent.

12. No unwanted pregnancy

Teenagers are more likely to be aware of how to avoid unwanted pregnancy and abortion.

13. No STIs

Teenagers are more likely to avoid sexually transmitted infections (STIs).

And if parents aren’t capable of discussing these important real world matters with their children, then why shouldn’t the educational system step up?

December 14, 2020

Experts: Sex Education Should Begin in Kindergarten

Experts: Sex Education Should Begin In Kindergarten – Press Room - Montclair State University

First-of-its-kind research shows sex education yields positive outcomes beyond STD and pregnancy prevention

Posted in: Education, Graduate School, Health, Research

Sex education is much more than “the birds and the bees” – and it impacts children in ways that have never been fully quantified.

That is, until now.

A new study by Montclair State University professors Eva Goldfarb and Lisa Lieberman – the first of its kind in the field – shows comprehensive sex education can prevent child sex abuse and intimate partner violence, increase appreciation for sexual diversity and improve environments for LGBTQ students, among other benefits.

The research is the most extensive body of work to date that shows comprehensive sex education should begin as early as kindergarten.

“This landmark study establishes once and for all that quality sex education that begins early, is developmentally appropriate and builds sequentially through middle and high school can improve young people’s physical, mental and emotional well-being,” says Goldfarb, a professor of Public Health at Montclair State. “While many people think of sex education only in terms of pregnancy and STD prevention, these findings speak to the broader impact of quality sex education.”

No Different Than Math

Goldfarb and Lieberman analyzed 30 years of published research on school-based programs around the world, and their respective outcomes. …

https://parenting.sa.gov.au/pegs/PEG54-Children-and-learning-about-sexuality.pdf

Learning about sexuality is just as important as any other learning. Children need to know about the sexual parts of the body, just as they do arms and legs. They need to feel good about their body and being themselves.

When parents talk openly with children about sexual matters they can give correct information and discuss family values. Children learn they can talk with you about sensitive things.

How children learn

Learning about sexuality means learning about bodies, babies, puberty, gender, feelings, respectful relationships and values. It is also about privacy and keeping safe.

• Children build their understanding of these things bit by bit as they grow and mature.

• They learn from many sources, including parents, family, the media, their school and peers.ParentsChildren learn from their parents whether you talk about sexual matters or not.

• When parents show care and respect for each other and other people, children learn these values.

• If they see adults ‘putting down’, making fun of, disrespecting or being hurtful to the opposite sex, they can feel unhappy about who they are. They can become afraid of, or not respect a particular gender.

Media

From a young age children are influenced by the media including TV, movies, video games, social media, websites, magazines and billboards.

• They see lots of sexualised images and examples of what it means to be a girl, boy, man or woman and how they should act. This can make them feel unhappy about their body and who they are.

• Sometimes children see sexual violence or other sexual behaviours which can worry them.

Schools

Most early childhood services and schools teach children about their bodies. They teach the correct names for sexual parts of the body, which makes it easier for children to talk about their body. They also teach children how to ask for help if something doesn’t seem right or they don’t feel safe.

Children benefit when parents talk easily and openly about sexual
matters in ways that suit their age and development. It builds children’s confidence and helps protect them from sexual abuse.

What’s the real tragedy is how the Right wing has gotten to be anti-learning. So much so they gotta get rabid vicious on anyone who want to teach or learn.

What’s up with that Guy???

2 Likes

The time when “be fruitful” and large families is long past. We want to reduce fertility rates. Homosexuality is guaranteed never to increase fertility rates and that is a good thing!

Sexual education is needed, and it is not an easy thing.

When my daughter was three, she asked us how are children born. We explained her that the mother had an half seed in her womb, that the father gave the mother the other half and that the seed transformed itself in a a baby in the womb of the mother.

When she was six, she asked us how the father gives the half seed to the mother, we explained, and her reaction was " It is disgusting !!! " We laughed and told her that it was natural and pleasant.

We never told her that making love was sinful. but we told her that her body was hers. Nobody could touch it or use it without her agreement, except in some very precise cases, as doctors and only with parents trust.

One summer day, she was five and she was playing with a 7 years boy in a small plastic pool. She came to us asking us " William ( first name changed) has touched my tight ! " I told her : " Remember your body is yours, it is up to you to decide ! " She thought for a time and went back to the game, having reached a decision.

2 Likes

Exactly what we have here.

Sex Education is fine, but this is not sex education. I started a thread about this last year.

I looked up that thread. You called transgender a sickness, slipped in the word “normal”, and used “progressive” like a slur.

1 Like

Why must we ignore the issues and refuse empathizing with the 1% of kids for whom this what their bodies forces them to deal with. Then, all the ‘Guys’ of the world have is hollow talking points, political strawmen, and hateful soundbites, but these are real humans you’re trying to erase out of society!

Right Wing religious mentality has that amazing ability to totally ignore what they can’t bring themselves to acknowledge.

But, reality can’t be ignored away and rather than dealing with it like grown ups, the religious extreme rather persecute others for their own hangups and self-hatred.

It’s a big part of the reason our society is in such a downward spiral, intolerance and willful ignorance! Lack of empathy, lack of simple adult level compassion for others including those less fortunate than your smug butts.

Facts About LGBTQ Youth

LGBTQ youth are not inherently prone to suicide risk because of their sexual orientation or gender identity but rather placed at higher risk because of how they are mistreated and stigmatized in society.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Post submitted by former Editorial Producer, Print and Digital Media Rokia Hassanein
Human Rights Campaign

. . . a study recently published by the American Academy of Pediatrics revealed alarming levels of attempted suicide among transgender youth – with the highest rates among transgender boys and non-binary youth. The findings emphasize the urgency of building welcoming and safe communities for LGBTQ young people, particularly for transgender youth.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ashley Austin 1, Shelley L Craig 2, Sandra D’Souza 2, Lauren B McInroy 3
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

============================

And why does the right create a world that forces this reality on growing humans? Because an imaginary God hates fags??? F.T.

The interesting part is that differently gendered person often have some very special qualities that comes specifically from their gene mix that internalizes several positive and beneficial character traits and often artistic aptitudes.

I cannot imagine a world without art created by alt-gendered persons. How many masterpieces would never have seen the light of day?

Well and even beyond that, the survivors, the one’s who managed to negotiate the hateful dangerous labyrinth of high school college and such, that they must, forges some amazingly solid insightful humans. Which I’ve been able to observe up close a bunch of times over the decades.

In other words, I totally agree with you, transgender people do add value to our society. As a gay friend would point out way back in my YNP days ('70s), if not for the gay eye, American men would still be wearing coveralls.

1 Like