Sex Education, Then and Now

And what’s wrong with letting them know it’s not a problem?
Because there is variety among people, and variety in how nature created their bodies, and hormone driven needs and feelings ? ?
Why do you want to create a problem?

Seems to me from close observation, (I have two sets of grandchildren, the first in their late teens and) the one has always been a little ‘different’ and prefers to label himself “agender” or something modern like that. Yet, he’s got a girl friend these days. I haven’t spent near enough time with them to have any actual insight into his struggles (except he played way heck too much video games growing up - seems to me that’s enough to twist any young mind. Can we outlaw that garbage and have big video game burning parties?) - so what should I do, pile onto the guy, or accept him as he is and have an actually discussion with the kid, as opposed to preaching at him, that discussion reveals he’s actually way more aware and sharper than superficial observation would indicate. Seems to me, he was born into an insane world and is doing his best to deal with it and actually doing a pretty decent job. I can be happy with that, I have no need to force him into any corners or stereotype.

If anything spending time with him and others, makes me aware of how easy I had it, and appreciating I’m in no position to judge others.
I’ll save my judgementalism for how they behave and how treat others.

I believe Barbie dolls are a pretty sick imagine to force on little girls, but that doesn’t mean I’d grab the dolls away from girls and toss 'em in the trash. I figure they’ll figure it out soon enough as they grow up.

In a way what it really comes down to is:

Why is someone else’s sexual orientation, or struggles, your business?

Isn’t this supposed to be the land of the free, with free speech and such.
Why does the Right Wing always want to shut down constructive dialogue and “left wing” free speech, on top of plugging their ears, and hearts, and refusing to learn anything new or challenging?