Anyone here familiar with global internet demographics?

centennial numbers always get one to thinking and in the next couple weeks WhatsUpWithThatWatts.blogspot will see
100,000 visits, considering I hit 50,000 pretty much on New Year’s Day, it’s gotten my attention.
What has blown me away and perplexed me the most is my audience, check this out
WYWTW Audience
Aug 17, 2014 11:00 PM – Aug 24, 2014 10:00 PM
United States 735
Ukraine 209
France 200
Netherlands 155
Russia 98
Taiwan 89
Germany 71
Australia 68
Moldova 61
United Kingdom 54
or the all time count
WYWTW Audience
May 2006 – August 2014
United States 38126
United Kingdom 7833
Australia 5309
Ukraine 4907
Russia 3684
Canada 3066
France 2997
Germany 2829
China 1814
Turkey 932

It's crazy, Turkey, Moldova, Ukraine
I know a certain amount of that is just 'search robots' or whatever auto hits, but since I moderate comments,
spam don't get through and I seem to be pretty much left alone… I figure I'm a pretty low profile marketing target.
Also one person can visit many pages and get counted each time, so I'm not looking at any sort of people count.
Funny you folks here at CFI were a pretty cool part of this since before I started WUWTW.
CFI has always been a comfortable place to talk and spin and vent and get to know this medium a little,
getting to experience some excellent tough love once in a while, and good conversation and encouragement at others.
As I tell Paula, this is my nice guy <em>discussion forum</em> where I can communicate with rational people, as opposed to that other one time haunt SkepticForum, the one that was always like entering a rough back alley, where you knew that one way or the another, no matter how one tried to walk through it, it was going to be a mud fight. Not that some of us aren't looking for a good 'ol healthy mud fight once in a while. :coolsmirk:
Ironically, so far as me connecting to people, my original dreams, not so much, but I get to ramble on, and folks look in,
but the other end of this effort remains as much a black hole as ever.
Still, now I do have these numbers, what they tell me I don't know, but hey May 2006 to Dec 2013 50k visits, Jan 2014 Sept 2014 50k visits
someones must think I'm making some sense… or at least sharing some good info.
As a member of the last class ('73) of high school that was taught how to use a<em> slide ruler</em>, kid who still dreamt of long adventures into the wild
out of contact for weeks or months, because that's just the way it was.
And dependent on finding a pay phone if you wanted to communicate with anyone.
And now, from this little cabin under a clear dark sky out in the wilds of the Colorado Basin region,
I'm communicating (even if only one-way) with people in Turkey, Moldova, Ukraine - it blows me away. :wow:
Now that I'm done thumping my drum, back to the first question, anyone here have thoughts on this interconnectedness, and who's looking in from over there?
<blockquote><span style="color: green;"><em>I came in for lunch and to check the internet, of course. Well, the 100k views milestone just got passed
http://whatsupwiththatwatts.blogspot.com
9/9/14</em></span></blockquote>

It is an interesting phenomena. My website is designed for my own patients with no effort to reach out beyond them. As such gets far fewer hits than yours with more than 90% of them originating in a 50 mile radius of my office. That being said I get a fair number of hits from England, Australia, and the occasional views from far flung places in the mideast, far east and beyond. The bounce rate and time spent on your site will give you some idea if these are just bots or accidental hits form people doing web searches.
None of this is surprising given how the internet works. When we start getting intergalactic hits that will be something to write home about. :wink:

None of this is surprising given how the internet works. When we start getting intergalactic hits that will be something to write home about. ;-)
Yea, but aren't you curious about why someone from around the world would spend time looking at your stuff? Like you I've got another site that's focused on one local issue - So what are folks across the world looking at? http://no-villageatwolfcreek.blogspot.com United States 9970 Russia 1382 Ukraine 892 Germany 705 France 567 Turkey 539 Latvia 299 United Kingdom 261 China 222 Poland 131 ~~~~~~~~~~~ Incidentally that Village At Wolf Creek land swap Environmental Impact Assessment Statement, I discussed way back when, is well over a year over due, and no word on when it will be published, except that RGNF is going to make certain that they get everything right, thus the extended delays for further study… I reckon... Ironically, in this situation endless procrastination and inaction is totally OK with me, short of Red McCombs deeding that land back to the Rio Grande National Forest where it belongs, quite different from the AGW front, where inaction has been a deadly enemy. But life is saturated with it's little ironies.

It all still a mystery.

centennial numbers always get one to thinking and in the next couple weeks WhatsUpWithThatWatts.blogspot will see 100,000 visits, considering I hit 50,000 pretty much on New Year's Day, it's gotten my attention. What has blown me away and perplexed me the most is my audience, check this out all time count WYWTW Audience October 2011 – August 2014 100K United States 38126 United Kingdom 7833 Australia 5309 Ukraine 4907 Russia 3684 Canada 3066 France 2997 Germany 2829 China 1814 Turkey 932 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
200K - October 2011 – January 1, 2016 United States 79,689 Russia 14,450 United Kingdom 12,836 France 12,002 Ukraine 11,240 Germany 9,389 Australia 8,435 Canada 6,089 China 1,988 Turkey 1,794