Antisocial Personality Disorder

According to a psychiatrist in sworn testimony, that is what this guy has.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oregon-man-gets-life-without-parole-for-killing-2-on-portland-train/ar-BB15WffJ?ocid=spartanntp

I imagine that he has a foundational belief system that nothing is more important his own rights and his own safety. To the degree that intensely wounding people without regard that their threat to him may have been minimal, it would be in his paradigm, to do (literal) overkill, just as a precaution. And rightly so, from his perspective.

Look in his eyes. He is a man who, oh so likely, very early on, experienced abuses that he eventually learned from; that he must do whatever is in his own best interest in order to survive. And that this supersedes any laws or anyone else’s rights or safety.

Silence of the Lambs? he’s still guilty of 2 counts of murder even though he needs psychological help.

The article makes it sound like his harsh sentence was more about “hate speech” rather than killing those two White men.

For this guy, “hate and racist speech” is his right, and that he is completely justified in violently protecting, himself from any possible perceived threat to himself, and that he is justified to stab them sufficiently that they cannot threaten him.

Concepts of race and hatred is just emotional motivation for him. That is only a prequel factor for the violent acts. The actual targets were whoever happened to be near when he first decided to verbally rip into a girl wearing a scarf. Their race did not matter to him as much as their representing a threat to him, that had to be snuffed out, with extreme prejudice, so to speak.

That’s my guess, anyway.

Yeah, Mriana, I’m with you. Lock this guy away til the cows come home. (from their tour of the slaughterhouse)

I mean definitely, give him therapy. But I’m ok with protecting society from him by his serving a life sentence without parole.

Concepts of race and hatred is just emotional motivation for him. That is only a prequel factor for the violent acts.
Let's learn from this and refrain from getting all riled up about race and hatred. It takes two to tango. Get off the dance floor. This means everybody including you.
TimB: Concepts of race and hatred is just emotional motivation for him (the Antisocial Personality Disorder guy). That is only a prequel factor for the violent acts.

Sree: Let’s learn from this and refrain from getting all riled up about race and hatred.

TimB: The thing is, most people can get a bit riled up about perceived injustices without becoming murderous maniacs. Most people would just speak out, or protest, or politically organize, or such. Those are good things, generally speaking.

It is a small part of our population who have a murderous antisocial personality disorder.

Hence, it is good to NOT allow systemic racial discrimination and racial hatred to go unanswered. If it takes a little “riling” to motivate action with normal folks, then some “riling” can be a very good thing.

It is a small part of our population who have a murderous antisocial personality disorder.
I wouldn't say it's a small part of our population upset with President Trump.

Many journalists probably suffer from APD, among other things.

The actual targets were whoever happened to be near when he first decided to verbally rip into a girl wearing a scarf.
The actual targets were not the girl wearing the scarf and her black friend; otherwise, he would have taken them out. He was beating around the bush to flush out dear white people and tore into them as soon as they surfaced. Explaining it away as APD is an abdication of responsibility when it is you who are driving the other guy insane. Cause and effect.

Can Dispensaries ship out of state, Cannabis World Life Connect is an Online Dispensaries That Ship Out Of State from California’s premiere and first-ever Online Collectives, providing next day shipping to your door, virtually anywhere in California and a dispensaries that ship out of state No need to head all the way down to the dispensary or wait hours on end for the delivery service, with strangers knocking at your door. This forward-thinking concept provides patients with a convenient & extremely discreet way to get their medication fast & easy . Cannabis Oil Online

https://www.cannabisworldlifeconnect.com/

Many journalists probably suffer from APD, among other things.
Wrong. If there are many, name one and show your evidence. (If it is someone from FOX News, I might even believe you.)
I wouldn’t say (APD is) a small part of our population upset with President Trump.
Wrong. People upset with the t rump are the sane ones. And the t rump himself, only has a related condition (NPD).

The actual targets were not the girl wearing the scarf and her black friend; otherwise, he would have taken them out. He was beating around the bush to flush out dear white people
The targets of his hatred and racism were the women. The targets of his fear of being threatened were the guys who were nearby who might defend them. He killed those who he viewed as a possible threat. He wasn't "flushing them out". He reacted in what he considered to be justifiable self defense (as crazy as that seems to us).