Pretending to be crazy

My friends. I found this to be a fascinating psychological analysis of faking insanity

What a curious interest.

Do you have any experience with faking the crazy?

I just can’t resist

Seriously though, those with mental illness not only do not act like those in the video, but most are not violent. Granted some are violent and criminally insane, but it’s rare for even someone with Schizophrenia to be violent. Their affect is sometimes flat and sometimes, in the case of Schizophrenia, one can be catatonic. Sometimes, especially with Schizophrenia, they can appear to be talking to themselves or someone who isn’t there. Now there is a Schizoid personality disorder that mimics Schizophrenia, in some ways, but even then their behaviour is different then those in the video. Those with Bipolar disorder maybe having a manic episode and commit a crime, but it’s generally not murder, unless it’s accidental manslaughter via, for example, stealing an ambulance. A person who is having a manic episode might seem like someone on speed, but serious crimes isn’t something they do either. Most people with mental illness are generally harmless.

Hello my friend Mriana . As good friends do, truth must be told. Once again you have completely missed the point of the post. It’s about criminals trying to fake it in the false belief of a better outcome and the features to look for to identify when this occurs.

thank you

No, I have not missed it and even got serious in my last post. Truth be told, I have a degree in Psychology, so I haven’t missed anything.

Did you watch it my friend? Yes it’s correct my friend in that it’s has nothing to do with likelihood of the insane to commit mass murder. Video shows how an genuinely insane person would behave in a murder police interview and contrasts this with a fake in a mass murder crime and the skills and techniques adopted by the police interview to disarm and breakdown the fakery to reveal the real face of a killer.

Cruz is definitely unstable enough for it to be a factor in his trial even though he failed to convince anybody he is insane.

@sobolina

Did you watch it

I watched bits and pieces of it, just skimming through it, because I don’t have 42 minutes to sit and watch it, but as I said, the actors don’t know how the mentally ill behave and as I said, it is rare when the mentally ill kill. I really don’t know who has time to sit and watch it all the way through, without skimming it, unless they are using it for some sort of school project or report.

No, I have not missed it and even got serious in my last post. Truth be told, I have a degree in Psychology, so I haven’t missed anything
Mriana, have you read the book "Operators and Things", by Barbara O'Brien? If so, what do you think of it?

http://www.mysticmissal.org/audio/Operators%20and%20Things.pdf

Reissue of the 1958 classic true story of a woman's descent into schizophrenia and her journey back to sanity.

“O’Brien has produced a work of brilliance and power, evoking a combination of Kafka and Joyce, with a touch of Orwell.” Robert R. Kirsch, Los Angeles Times

"An absorbing account of life in the dream world of a schizophrenic." Publishers Weekly
"For six months she travels around the country on Greyhound buses, captive of the Operators, who push and pull, torment, confuse, and exhaust her. And at the end of her time of madness, she understands precisely what has been happening. Her insight is penetrating and irresistible. Her writing is delectable. She displays gut-wrenching humor and pungent metaphor with an eloquent, eminently readable style. This book is enthusiastically recommended." Coevolution Quarterly
I read it 60 years ago and it still serves me with understanding the concept of living in separate realities and the phenomenon of "controlled hallucinations" (Anil Seth).

No, I haven’t’ yet. Within 60 years the treatment of Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses has changed greatly. I wouldn’t say it is more humane, but it has changed. A lot has changed about the Dx, Tx, and Rx of all mental illnesses.

No, I haven’t’ yet. Within 60 years the treatment of Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses has changed greatly. I wouldn’t say it is more humane, but it has changed. A lot has changed about the Dx, Tx, and Rx of all mental illnesses.
No doubt. But this is not a clinical discussion. This is the account of a schizophrenic who recovered to tell the story of her journey into a delusional reality.

The medical techniques have changed, the disease has not. And it is a fascinating journey at that. I can recommend it.

The link is to a free pdf download.

I really enjoyed this one, back in my college days. Once I got started, he really pulled me down into is delusions and I had to keep reading to back out. The Eden Express - Wikipedia

It’s Kurt Vonnegut’s son, Mark. Some don’t like it because after he sought help there’s something about the therapy he did that they didn’t like, and he was very public about it. But that’s after the events in the book, so it doesn’t matter to me. This is schizophrenia that is induced by taking hallucinogens. A little different story that the above.

This is the account of a schizophrenic who recovered to tell the story of her journey into a delusional reality.

That could be interesting, because I’ve not heard from the patient’s side before.