Almighty Gawd cast His judgement on the Aussies

Headline: <b>Canberra (Australia) chokes on world’s worst air quality as city all but shut down</b>

<b>https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/03/canberra-chokes-on-worlds-worst-air-quality-as-city-all-but-shut-down</b>

Air quality index readings above 200 are considered hazardous. On Wednesday, readings at one Canberra monitoring site peaked at 7,700

Sree, your complacent golfing friend shouldst not tempt the Almighty Lord Gawd. His nation is burning along with a possible billion livng creatures, while he smugly luxuriates in airconditioning and innebriation.

Let’s all go there and play some golf. (Just don’t tell Almighty Lord Gawd.)

Actually, they raised the number to a billion dead the 6. Number Of Animals Feared Dead In Australia’s Wildfires Soars To Over 1 Billion | HuffPost Latest News?

And stories about people intentionally setting fires have been greatly exaggerated: Police contradict claims spread online exaggerating arson's role in Australian bushfires | Bushfires | The Guardian

Sadly, the fires have reignited on Kangaroo Island. :cry: Kangaroo Island bushfire emergency warnings for Parndana and Vivonne Bay, much of island on alert - ABC News

If these people really think their deity has something to do with this, he’s a sick disgusting one, creating hell on earth for billions of innocent non-human people. What? He’s punishing koalas for getting chlamydia? Kangaroos for going to the “Hop”? Not something I would worship and if he has his reasons, they are sick reasons. If he’s sitting up there crying about their deaths (my mother says this one) then why isn’t he getting off his butt and helping he innocent? What did the children and the innocent animals do that was so bad? Yeah, the adults caused climate change, so they did this. We did this. No god had anything to do with it. Humans did this.

@Sree

You guys need to get a grip on yourselves. I just whatsapped a friend in Melbourne. He isn’t flying off to anywhere. He is cooling off in the clubhouse with a beer after 18 holes at the Kingston Heath course.

Yeah, his rich ass doesn’t care about other animals, whether they go extinct or not. Either that or he’s not being honest with you. Melbourne is in the fire zone and if the firestorms ABC mentioned this morning (U.S. time) comes true, he may be in trouble.

Just a wee bit off topic: I saw a blurb on a news channel about Monarch Butterflies being at risk because of climate change. I just thought I should warn those who have loved ones who are children, you might want to help them enjoy seeing Monarch butterflies while they are still extant (the butterflies, I mean.) I presume human children will still be around a bit longer.

Hey Tim, I am a biker. The picture of that motorbike next to the fire can’t be of a real scene. Is that Aussie an idiot or is the gas tank empty?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/24-australians-arrested-deliberately-setting-fires-season/story?id=68108272

That’s not Almighty God, that’s crazy people committing crimes against Nature and Humanity

No actually that was a hoax. It’s so ease for the right wing media to create scapegoats, distract us from the physical reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/twitter-bots-trolls-australian-bushfires-social-media-disinformation-campaign-false-claims

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/police-contradict-claims-spread-online-exaggerating-arsons-role-in-australian-bushfires

Sree, ever hear of telephoto lens?

Sree said,

Australia’s climate definitely changing? Based on what evidence? One degree Celsius rise in one hundred years. I would like to see the evidence: data gathering locations and protocols, when temperature measurements began, and the math that led to the conclusion.

Sree, are you f’n serious!?!?!? You don’t understanding what global warming is about. Please tell me that ain’t so.

You want evidence? How about learning about the Air Force studies that discovered greenhouse gases?

https://confrontingsciencecontrarians.blogspot.com/2018/01/pruitt-agw-certain-as-certain-gets.html

Or if you really don’t believe the experts get off your lazy ass and start studying, because it’s going to take a lot to learn about here, though I know where you can start:

http://forecast.uchicago.edu/lectures.html

No you won’t find any honest answers in your right wing media sources.

Here’s a couple more links. One is a PDF from Climate 101 and the other is the direct link to Climate Reality Project, which educates people about Climate Change:

That’s funny Mriana, I was working with this video from the Climate 101 group today for an blog post I’m working on.

Somehow seems relevant.

Extreme Weather: What Role Does Global Warming Play? – the Earth101 lecture

Stefan Rahmstorf PhD | October 20, 2016 |

So, all the things we do, in order to live the way we need to, are causing greenhouse gases. Seems like we should all just kill ourselves or join the apes and live like they do in the forest. By my reckoning, it will take a while before our wanton way of life will render the planet unfit for human habitation.

To each his own. You folks can take off into the wild. I will go on feasting on steaks, drive my 400 horsepower supercharged chick magnet, and fly the friendly skies.

Sree said,

To each his own. You folks can take off into the wild. I will go on feasting on steaks, drive my 400 horsepower supercharged chick magnet, and fly the friendly skies.

I don’t know how old you are Sree, but in another 40 years you may no longer be able to drive that gas hog or fly the friendly skies.

In about 40 years we’ll have reached the end of oil and I’m not aware of any eletrical flying machine You may be able to buy an eletrical motorcycle if we can reduce the size of batteries.

I know that sounds almost blaphemous, a world without oil? Yet this is sure to happen wether we like it or not. It is not a renewable resource and the end of fossil fuels is in sight.

in order to live the way we need to
How many different flavors of Doritos and variations of Monster drink do we "need"?
Seems like we should all just kill ourselves
Black and white thinking is not a sign of maturity.
By my reckoning
That's the whole problem isn't it? Too many people think they can just "reckon". They can look at massive fires and storms and reckon that's just the way it is. If it isn't harming them directly now, there's nothing that is needed to be done.

Sree> Hey Tim, I am a biker. The picture of that motorbike next to the fire can’t be of a real scene. Is that Aussie an idiot or is the gas tank empty?

TimB> They’re Aussies, mate. They’re just throwing some prawns on the Barbie. All is well. Get back to your fantasy world of magnetic gas guzzlers that attract metallic chicks. (But just remember. The Lord thy Gawd Almighty is making a list and checking it twice.)

Lausten: How many different flavors of Doritos and variations of Monster drink do we “need”?
As many as the choices folks in a free secular society makes in their irreligious pursuit of happiness.
Lausten: Black and white thinking is not a sign of maturity.
Same goes for right and wrong; especially, when its comes from a moral high ground.
Lausten: That’s the whole problem isn’t it? Too many people think they can just “reckon”. They can look at massive fires and storms and reckon that’s just the way it is. If it isn’t harming them directly now, there’s nothing that is needed to be done.
And too many people don't practice what they preach. If we are apes, then take our places in the grand scheme of things among the flora and the fauna on the planet. Don't act like masters of the universe, displaying a Godlike nature distinctive of a creator we deny.

Write4U: In about 40 years we’ll have reached the end of oil and I’m not aware of any eletrical flying machine You may be able to buy an eletrical motorcycle if we can reduce the size of batteries.
The electric bike is here but I prefer the rumble of my Harley. I have faith in human ingenuity. By the grace of God, we always come through. If not, I still have my sailboat.
Same goes for right and wrong; especially, when its comes from a moral high ground.
Right and wrong are not black and white.
Don’t act like masters of the universe
Says the guy who wants to drive a big truck and checks with his golfing buddy to see how global climate is going.

Thanks for verifying my assessment of what you are all about.

Sree said,

By the grace of God, we always come through.

Seems to me the grace of God has it’s limitations.

I still have my sailboat.
Now you're talking. Use pure unadulterated natural energy for propulsion.

Where cranking up a machine takes no skill, sailing is an art.

I used to have a 26’ shallow draft lake cruiser. I got too old to rig her myself and had to sell her with sorrow in my heart.

The sorrow has not diminished the purity of your heart, Write4U, imho.