Agent orange at work

Trump’s behavior at the Nato summit was a disgrace.
First off, with his connections to the prime threat now faced by Nato, a resurgent Russia under the violent Putin government, he presents a betrayal of what Nato stands for not a protection of concepts going back decades that helped save the world from nuclear immolation.
Second his mindless prattling about how member nations aren’t paying their way is typical of the idiocy that constantly flows from this moron, whether he’s tweeting about covfefe or some other utter garbage. Nato nations have stepped up and sent thousands of troops into harms way in the defense of US interests in the last two decades alone. Canada spent billions of dollars and lost 150 killed and thousands wounded or permanently affected by intense combat in Afghanistan and that is just one of many Nato members that have stepped up to US needs and demands. But what would any of that mean to an asshole that outscores Hitler on the psychopath scale.
Trump himself is a draft dodger and never had the courage or integrity to step forward when his nation called him, but doesn’t hesitate to bully and berate others who have shown far more courage and determination than he has in his entire lifetime.
The man is a traitor to America and Nato and needs to be removed from office before he does even more damage in the interests of his true master which is not the people of the United States of America, but the undemocratic and violent former KGB master from Russia.
Once again Trump has made Putin the winner by his actions in the interests of a nation that he and his followers have extensive contacts and obligations to.
Treason is still a capital offense…

What a blustering moron, his posturing here reminds me of Mussolini. It is definitely not how you treats friends and reflects the contempt that Putin feels towards the west, not the gratitude and respect all Nato members should feel for the decades of freedom and stability that Nato allowed for many of us. It might as well have been Putin up their pushing his way to the front then acting as if he was the only one in the room who even existed.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-25/trump-pushes-aside-montenegro-leader-who-calls-it-natural
I’m obviously not the only one who has made the connection between Trump and that other fascist.

Looking at the document that was put together about Trump’s entanglements with Russia, it says right in there that Putin wanted to put Trump into the White House to destroy Nato which was the only real roadblock to his ambitions to recreate Russia as a global power.
Trump really is working for our enemy by trying to undermine and eventually destroy Nato, he truly is a traitor. He’s likely taking his orders from Putin probably passed on by people like Erik Prince who met with Russian government officials in secret in the Seychelles and Jared Kushner who has had frequent contacts with the Russian government. All because they have video of him probably doing something completely depraved… but we already know what a depraved individual Trump is based on the fact he’s working with our enemy from the center of power here. What a creep, he makes Nixon look like Mr. Rogers
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html
All of this is treason, Trump may not pay the ultimate price, but I’m willing to bet that someone will.

That’s some damning prose, but who wrote it? I couldn’t find anything on the document identifying the author or office. Given the nature of the material I can understand why, but as it is I see an anonymous paper with no confirmation from outside sources. That will take time.

That's some damning prose, but who wrote it? I couldn't find anything on the document identifying the author or office. Given the nature of the material I can understand why, but as it is I see an anonymous paper with no confirmation from outside sources. That will take time.
The document was passed on to the FBI by Senator John McCain and was put together by a former intelligence officer that has deep contacts in Russia apparently. https:// www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts edit- put break in URL to get past spam filter.
Senator John McCain passed documents to the FBI director, James Comey, last month alleging secret contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow and that Russian intelligence had personally compromising material on the president-elect himself. The material, which has been seen by the Guardian, is a series of reports on Trump’s relationship with Moscow. They were drawn up by a former western counter-intelligence official, now working as a private consultant. BuzzFeed on Tuesday published the documents, which it said were “unverified and potentially unverifiable".
McCain obviously took it seriously but as you say confirmation is still lacking which is why investigation free from Trump interference and obstruction is needed. Given the nature of what's going on it's unlikely many of these sources will come forward publicly, for the Russians it would mean almost certain death at the hand of Kremlin controlled assassins as with so many who have tried to expose the Putin government such as Alexander Litvinenko and Anna Politkovskaya. We can see the broad outlines of what has been going on in secret such as the Russian attack on the DNC servers and releases of information gathered there timed to benefit Trump to the greatest degree plus all the well documented contacts between the Trump campaign and White House and the Russian government that resulted in the resignation of Trump's national security advisor before he'd ever really taken his position. There's one hell of a lot of smoke here for there to be no fire, and clearing away the smoke to see the detail of this criminal act is going to take time and effort. And all the while Trump will be doing his best to create as much chaos and confusion as he can in his and Putin's interests.

When you read that report it’s easy to see why Comey wouldn’t back off and why Trump eventually fired him. The counter-intelligence community isn’t that large, Comey would have known the former British intelligence officer that compiled the dossier on Trump and Putin and McCain may have known him in his work with the Senate Intelligence Committee. It’s likely why he passed the material on the FBI.
Then we have multiple sources that detailed the Russian intelligence attack on the US election and the frequent contact between the Trump campaign and Russia throughout the election, they weren’t subtle at all. That includes Mike Flynn talking on the phone with the Russian ambassador 5 times on the day that Obama introduced sanctions to punish Russia for attacking America through its political system. It was likely Trump and Putin working out what would happen after Trump took office in January… which is treason on Trump’s part.
Someone is eventually going to burn for this, my bet is on Kushner, Trump is piling more and more responsibility on him until it’s starting to look like a Kushner presidency not a Trump. Peace in the Middle East, reforming the federal government, dealing with Mexico and a couple of dozen other countries and more. Kushner is being set-up even if he doesn’t realize it yet.
Trump may be stupid as a sack of hammers but like many psychopaths he has animal cunning, he’s going to dodge most of the fallout from this I think. My guess is Kusher will be eventually convicted of treason - someone will be - and sentenced to death. Then that will be commuted as the republicans do damage control.
What a monumentally screwed up party, their president is turning out to be a agent of a hostile foreign power.

Good to hear this report came from someone with inside knowledge. It certainly fits what we know. We live in interesting times.

Good to hear this report came from someone with inside knowledge. It certainly fits what we know. We live in interesting times.
The Chinese put that curse on us a long time ago. Now it's coming to pass. Lois
We can see the broad outlines of what has been going on in secret such as the Russian attack on the DNC servers and releases of information gathered there timed to benefit Trump to the greatest degree . . .
Of course we also have the apathy and gullibility of our intellectually bankrupt boob-tube addicted "faith-based" US voter base to include into this equation. An informed and engaged electorate wouldn't have stood for either of those two candidates to begin with. Trump certainly could not have been elected if even half the voter's possessed and practiced basic critical thinking skills.
We can see the broad outlines of what has been going on in secret such as the Russian attack on the DNC servers and releases of information gathered there timed to benefit Trump to the greatest degree . . .
Of course we also have the apathy and gullibility of our intellectually bankrupt boob-tube addicted "faith-based" US voter base to include into this equation. An informed and engaged electorate wouldn't have stood for either of those two candidates to begin with. Trump certainly could not have been elected if even half the voter's possessed and practiced basic critical thinking skills. Whether it's an indication of critical thinking skills or something else, more than half the electorate voted against Trump. Three million more votes went to Hillary Clinton than to Trump and there were more votes for third parties by people who wanted to vote against Trump. Lois

DougC: “Trump’s behavior at the Nato summit was a disgrace.”
His behavior anywhere is a disgrace.

DougC: "Trump’s behavior at the Nato summit was a disgrace." His behavior anywhere is a disgrace.
Yes, it's just more obvious when he's not in total control of environment as with meetings like this. We get to see what an absolute psycho this Putin imposed tool really is.

I’m no tRump fan. I n fact I a far from it and I feel he has real mental issues but I’m not a shrink so no is concerned with my diagnosis.
Is he guilty of treason? This issue should be investigated but at this point he is guilty of nothing except of being a damn fool. Also consider how difficult it is to prove someone to be guilty of treason.
Another thought, impeachment is one thing but conviction is another and without a conviction there is no constitutional grounds to remove him but that does not mean we should not keep our eyes and ears open to everything about him.

I'm no tRump fan. I n fact I a far from it and I feel he has real mental issues but I'm not a shrink so no is concerned with my diagnosis. Is he guilty of treason? This issue should be investigated but at this point he is guilty of nothing except of being a damn fool. Also consider how difficult it is to prove someone to be guilty of treason. Another thought, impeachment is one thing but conviction is another and without a conviction there is no constitutional grounds to remove him but that does not mean we should not keep our eyes and ears open to everything about him.
There was far less information available on Nixon over Watergate at this point, there is more than enough to begin a serious investigation. There should have been one last year, even Congressional republican leaders were aware of the Trump-Putin link well before the last election but chose to sit on it for fears it would hurt the party. Trump isn't just an indictment on himself but such a self-centered political movement that has put the entire nation at risk. This is on republicans as much as it is on trump and Putin.

Bill Maher’s beautiful take on this insanity.

“Main talking point of republicans is trump is too stupid to be guilty of anything… but if that is the case isn’t he too stupid to be president?”

Take it from the Republican faithful — Trump's not a liar, just an idiot
The White House snapped into damage-control mode as the testimony of former FBI director James Comey wrapped up on Thursday. Now, this wasn't just any old Senate intelligence committee hearing: reporters lined winding corridors, people set up viewing parties and bars even opened early to take in the testimony of the guy unceremoniously fired by the president of the United States last month. Comey testified that he believed Donald Trump tried to influence the FBI's investigation into Russian meddling in the U.S. election by requesting he drop the bureau's probe of former national security adviser Michael Flynn. And that the Trump administration lied when it initially claimed he was fired over "disarray" at the FBI. "I know I was fired because of something about the way I was conducting the Russia investigation was in some way putting pressure on [Trump], in some way irritating him, and he decided to fire me because of that," Comey said.
So deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders attempted to wrangle control of the message as Comey submitted himself to a second, closed-door session. "The president is not a liar," she said. And, as if on cue, other Republican faithful jumped in to complete the thought: He's just an idiot. They didn't come right out and say that, of course, but the notion that the president of the United States might not totally understand what he's doing — or what it is he's supposed to be doing — has become an actual line of defence to explain away Trump's rather unpresidential behaviour.
First off, the evidence is very good that Trump is in fact a liar, simple statistics makes it clear he often knows what the facts are, otherwise he wouldn't be able to contradict them so consistently. If he was just tossing ideas against a wall and going with what stuck in his mind by chance he'd be closer to the truth more often than he is. It takes intent to be mostly false to totally false almost 70% of the time. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ Republicans in Congress can't admit that Trump is lying yet, it would be too damaging to their agenda, so they're going with the idiot defence. Trump is too much of an idiot to know what obstruction of justice is, therefore he's not guilty of any crime. And by extension they're also treating his likely treason in the interests of the Russians in the same manner. There is very good evidence that Trump is in fact deeply compromised by Putin and he worked with the Russian government to get elected last fall. But that doesn't work at all with a republican party that wants to control all aspects of the US government in its own interests. Top republicans were discussing trumps likely treasonous loyalties last JUNE. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html
A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin. “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia. House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.
Guess what guys, the "secret" is out. So we're left with republicans resorting to the idiot defence of why Trump is engaging in what more and more people are seeing as crimes of the highest order... treason is a capital offense and obstruction of justice in defence of that treason makes the situation worse not better. If Trump truly is an idiot as the republicans are making implicit by their "defence" of him then that doesn't make the entire republican party a confederacy of dunces. After all they willingly selected him to lead the party into last years election and then elected him president against too many warning signs to list. Including their own. So who's the real idiot here...

Here’s another way that Putin might have his puppet Trump attack the USA, by introducing the kind of destructive tax policies that have brought Kansas to its knees under Brownback.

President Trump's tax plan doesn't have a lot of details yet, but Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin gave us one big clue — a proposed 15% business tax rate, a big drop from the current 35%. But ask some Kansans and you'll learn how that kind of tax cut could have serious unintended consequences. In 2013, as part of the state's largest-ever tax cuts, Kansas slashed its business tax rate down to 0%. It was supposed to spur economic growth. After all, if businesses have more money in hand, they can, theoretically, hire more people and invest in making new products. Instead, researchers from a number of institutions say it turned more into a "tax avoidance" program, rather than encouraging investment. A lot of white-collar workers like law partners, accountants, and doctors stopped taking salaries and instead started claiming the profits of the business. For them, state income tax essentially went from a maximum of 4.6% to nothing. This has led to the ongoing budget crisis. “Kansas has been an unmitigated budgetary disaster," says Dr Lori McMillan, a tax-law professor at Washburn University told Business Insider. “It was a very messy, blunt club when a scalpel was needed."
It's clear that the entire republican movement in the US has gone completely off the tracks, Donald Trump is their president and he just fired the Director of the FBI for investigating his involvement with the Russian government and the rigging of the election that brought him to office. With obligations to Russia we don't even know about yet. In Kansas the Republicans have revolted against their extreme far right governor and moderate Republicans have replaced the hard liners that backed Brownback. Kansas moderate Republicans are in revolt against the kind of extremism that has overtaken their party there and hopefully the same will happen to take the party back from the extremists that have seized power in the US Congress. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/us/sam-brownback-kansas-budget-override.html?_r=0
Gov. Sam Brownback’s leadership of Kansas came to be synonymous with a single, unyielding philosophy: Cut taxes, cut the size of government, and the state will thrive. But this week, Mr. Brownback’s deeply conservative state turned on him and his austere approach. Fed up with gaping budget shortfalls, inadequate education funding and insufficient revenue, the Republican-controlled Legislature capped months of turmoil by overriding the governor’s veto of a bill that would undo some of his tax cuts and raise $1.2 billion over two years. The move amounted to a shocking rejection of the tax-cutting experiment Mr. Brownback had held up as the centerpiece of his conservative governing. But economic growth and revenues lagged, and even his allies began to publicly criticize the tax cuts. The results were a warning of the risks for other Republican-controlled states that have tested similar approaches, and a dizzying descent for Mr. Brownback’s legacy and any future political aspirations.
For far too long disinformation and myth has been the guiding force among conservatives with economic, social and foreign policies that are highly destructive to America. Do I really need to point out once again that a hedonistic, pathological liar likely at least partly under the control of Putin is now the republican president of the US. If it wants to remain relevant at all the Republican party needs to move back to a fact based center, not stay off in the fringes where complete nut jobs like Brownback can wreak havoc. Or Trump, the next few years are going to be a very unpleasant wake up call for America as its "president" does as much damage as he can before he's removed from power. Right now the GOP extremists from the Tea Party hold sway in congress but that will likely change as it did in Kansas when people realize just what the hell it is they have been supporting. At which point the cover behind which Trump is waging Putin's war against the US will be removed and so will he...

“treason is a capital offense”
True, at least potentially, but it remains to be seen if there is enough evidence to convict, one can only hope there are tapes…