Adam Schiff nails GOP for indifference to attack on America

Thank god our constitution is much safer today than a year ago.

Tim it is about time for you to start looking at all the pieces of the puzzle. You had two of the smartest people in the world on political methods controlling your beliefs. Your nuts if you think you are going to find any direct evidence for wrongdoing. You have to go after the weakest links. They got immunity for Abedin. The emails are the weakest links now. Where this will hopefully be leading to is the Dark State setup by Clinton. So far it has reached Brennan and he trying to put things to rest. But it is not working and that has no doubly got a lot of people scared. We are still a couple of years away from public disclosure. I’ll make a prediction now that the death toll alone from actions of this Clinton Deep State was over 14,000. Our monetary system is sometimes used as a weapon of war and persuasion. But is should not be used for elections or by the Deep State for US elections. That is the reason it must be uncovered and made public.

Really Lausten. Your saying what this guy is saying is all facts? You need to tell the DNC they are facts because the DNC has been looking everywhere for even one fact no matter how small or weak to start impeachment against Trump with.
No I didn't say that. I said there are facts in his post. I asked you to address one. Just one. If you want to say that there are hundreds of lies and you just don't have time, fine, say it. Just address one. He's quite clear about pointing out when he is speculating and when he is referencing documented facts. It should not be hard to find one.

OK, I can do that. Should be back latter today and I will give it a shot.

Mike Y., You make far out conspiracy-nut like assertions, and give no clue as to where u get this idiocy. Glenn Beck maybe? I haven’t seem him in yrs but I assume he is still around. Truthers maybe?

Your frequent use of the term “deep state” also belies your credibility. From the best I can gather, what right wing-nuts refer to as the “deep state” is all of the pre-existing bureaucrats who are essentially non-partisan, but just go to work everyday, trying to do the best they can for their country, not for a particular party. The only govt workers who apparently are not part of the right wing-nut conception of the “deep state” are those who have been appointed by our current POTUS and who are pretty much totally obsequious and unconditionally loyal to him. There is NO nefarious “deep state”. There is, however, an emerging and insidious “shallow state” courtesy of our current POTUS.

So now, u come up with an escalation of what the right wing-nuts call the “deep state”. Now u assert it is the “Clinton Deep State” but also claim that the reveal of the evidence for it is “a couple of years away”. How conveeeenient. U get to revive the “dead horse” of Hillary to keep beating on and keep riling up our POTUS’s base, for at least another 2 yrs.

Tricky, tricky. Much like our POTUS’s claim that the Repubs are going to establish great and wonderful healthcare, you just have to wait until AFTER the 2020 election, and AFTER the Repubs regain control of the House, to have the “secret” plan revealed.

I wonder how many of the ill-fated cultists of Jones Town realized what gullible fools they had been, only too late, right before they were forced to feed the deadly cool-aid to their children, and then forced to drink it themselves. (Tho, of course, there were some who believed to the literally bitter end.)

Try imaging a Jonestown where the cultists pour their Kool-Aid into all the drinking water, poisoning an entire country.

In the old days, cults kept to themselves and only killed or harmed a few. Now, with gullibility and social media working together so seamlessly, everyone gets to suffer.

TimB wrote: "Your frequent use of the term “deep state” also belies your credibility. From the best I can gather, what right wing-nuts refer to as the “deep state” is all of the pre-existing bureaucrats who are essentially non-partisan, but just go to work everyday, trying to do the best they can for their country, not for a particular party."
Honestly, when Mike Yohe started mentioning this, it was the first I had ever heard of the "Deep State". I did some research and it just sounds to me like they're just talking about the Civil Service, which does the day to day running of the government. If there really was a "Deep State" which has been running the country since 1871, I can tell you I would much sooner trust them than I would a lying scumbag whose only known talent seems to be being an expert at cheating on his income taxes.

Can sure tell when the democrats are in election mode. They start talking caste to build their social integrity between each other. This seems to qualify them as members of intellectual class in their own minds. Thus, we can expect the posts of belittling and trash-talk to escalate for the next 579 days. Free speech is a constitutional right. But the wickedness and dishonesty of the postings just show they can’t hold a candle to our President and are envious of his success to the point of not being able to find even one good thing our President has done for them and the American People. There must be a label for these types of people. And it isn’t “progressive”. Maybe “anti-progressive”.

Trump’s candle:

“little pencil-neck.”

“She gets out. Starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions you. You can see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever, but she was, in my opinion, she was – off base,” Trump observed.

“Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier ‘is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain,’” he tweeted on Saturday

I didn’t want to spend more than a few minutes on these. You can find hundreds more.

Mike, Here’s something that seems pretty good to me, at least so far. Under our current POTUS, ISIS has been deprived of it’s territorial Caliphate in Syria. (Tho, on the downside, Russia has been allowed to even further expand its influence, by becoming the prime foreign power in Syria.) But all in all, I’d say, so far, that this significant (tho far from complete) defeat of ISIS is a good thing.

What else? The economy? A continuation of the progress from the Obama administration? Further goosed, un-necessarily, by providing massive tax relief to the already wealthy and at the same time massively expanding national debt? BTW, he is currently working intensively on getting influence over the Fed to decrease interest rates, in a TIME OF ECONOMIC PLENTY, such that economic easing will be less available when we need it, i.e., when the next recession arrives.

What else? Stacking a plethora of lifetime partisan federal judges as well as partisan Supreme Court Justices? Yeah, he has and is continuing to do that, but it is the opposite of a good thing, IMO.

What else? A series of executive orders, doing everything from discontinuing a myriad of environmental and consumer protections, to taking control of money by issuing a questionable national security crisis - money that he intends to devote to a vanity project (his precious fence) rather than to ameliorating the actual humanitarian crisis that he has been exacerbating?

What else? Presiding over an administration that actively kidnapped hundreds (at least) of children of asylum seekers?

What else? Trade deals? Nafta being replaced with the USMCA? That hasn’t been approved yet, and now our current POTUS is spuriously threatening to put a 25% tariff on cars from Mexico next year. He cares more about extorting Mexico to follow his demands than he does about getting the USMCA approved. What about a China trade deal? We’ll see. Meanwhile midwest farmers especially small farms are suffering bigly. Brazil, with a 3rd rate railroad system has taken over 1st place (from us) in exporting soybeans. ALSO, Trump is becoming the tariff king. He has become enamored with tariffs. It remains to be seen whether this will turn out well OR disastrously.

What else? NATO members increasing spending on military? They have been doing that over the past 4 yrs, so our current POTUS can only take 1/2 credit for that, at best. Meanwhile, he has often trash-talked, and otherwise disrespected our NATO allies. He also says things, at times which, no doubt makes our allies wonder if we can be trusted.

I could go on and on, even more than I already have. But suffice it to say the above statements are neither wicked nor dishonest. But our current POTUS is extraordinarily dishonest. That is what bugs me so much about him (not envy). That plus his abuse of the office of POTUS, as he tramples on all sense of ethics and traditional principles, while pushing the limits on Presidential powers probably beyond what is Constitutional. (e.g., We might as well redact the emoluments clause from the Constitution.) But again, I sense that it is his perpetual lying that is most dangerous to my country. He lies, sometimes, even when there is no apparent reason to lie. It is part of his character. And he is the key person that represents my country to the rest of the world. Thus if I were to say something “wicked” about him, I think it would be justifiable, but saying dishonest things about him? No. I don’t want to share his propensity for dishonesty.

RE: Democrats being in election mode and seeing themselves as “intellectuals”:

You can tell when our current POTUS is in election mode. It is ALWAYS. He has never stopped. He is only proficient at campaigning for POTUS (and pretty much only proficient at that with his base. He is not proficient at actually being POTUS.

And it doesn’t particularly take a lot of intellect to recognize a liar and a cheat unless one is already prone to putting their faith is such a person. If you tend to put your faith is such a person, then intellect, but more importantly, intellectual integrity would come in handy.

Thanks for the ISIS statements Tim. Now can you connect why ISIS problem came about? America is in several wars that the public seem unaware of. And the issues are such that its best not to battle these wars out in public. We have different dark states and deep states going on all the time. American’s benefit greatly from being in control of these battles about natural resources, trade and the international currency.

Second item, the economy. The idea is to have a country that is fair. Why do you want to steal from the rich? Just look at France. That’s what they did. And how is that been working out? Don’t be greedy.

Don’t fool yourself about the interest rates. It is going to take a decade to get our industries back and operating again. We are at a point where another recession may kill the dollar. Trump has got to look at the economies of the dollar in the world not just the US. 3 out of every 4 dollars are overseas. Countries are still being hit by the stimulus money dumped on the world. The banks care about how much they can make. So, what if an increase in interest will really hurt all these nations that was hurt by stimulus inflation. They are not going to make as much profit from those countries as they can in the US by raising rates. Trumps a world leader and must take the right steps.

Stacking a plethora. All judges should be constitutional judges. The most progressive thing we could do is to protect the most progressive nation ever. And that is a nation built on the Laws of Nature. A very progressive move for civilization and mankind.

Executive orders. Tim, what is the difference between a law and a regulation when it comes down to the working man or a business? How many laws are there? Give me a number. Now how many laws and regulations are there? Now how many were there thirty years ago? Ask yourself, did America change that much in thirty years? Captain Jack Sparrow once said: “The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.” We must ask ourselves. Do we want to pass on to our children, a county built upon laws and a balanced budget? Or a county run above the law and in great debt? We all know what road we are on right now. Executive orders are to help change direction.

“administration that actively kidnapped”, total TDS. That’s the type of thinking that will keep Trump in office. Thanks.

Trade deals. Yea Brazil has taken over the soybeans. Grown mostly by American farmers who went to Brazil because of regulations here that was putting them out of business. Nafta needed redone. At least that what I have heard on the business channels. If Obama started the changes, good for Obama, thank you.

NATO, the head of EU NATO was in congress the other day and told congress that Trump has made a big difference with NATO and has really helped NATO. Then Nancy give a Democratic update after the NATO meeting and did not give one word of credit to Trump on her update. She needs to be replaced.

“I could go on and on,”. Of course, you could. That’s because it is all about you. Trump had to talk about himself because the media was corrupt, and he knew the communication war had to be won. What your reason? If I was wanting to destroy the US. The most powerful thing the US has is the Constitution. The ACA is unconstitutional as anything more than a tax. Is that not the ruling of the Supreme Court? And in 2017 that tax was removed from law. Is that not correct. If you are backing ACA to be run above the law. Then you are destroying the Constitution. Is that not correct. Our enemies know the only way to destroy the US is from the inside and by going after the Constitution. If Russia wanted to hurt the US, it would be by backing the Democrats, not Trump.

Second item, the economy. The idea is to have a country that is fair. Why do you want to steal from the rich?
You never did answer my question about how the definition of capitalism is that you steal for the workers. The workers contribute to creating the capital, but it is never owned or controlled by them.

If you tend to put your faith is such a person, then intellect, but more importantly, intellectual integrity would come in handy.

OK, lets talk about intellectual integrity. Answer this question. Why did Trump take us out of the Paris climate agreement?

Second item, the economy. The idea is to have a country that is fair. Why do you want to steal from the rich?
You never did answer my question about how the definition of capitalism is that you steal for the workers. The workers contribute to creating the capital, but it is never owned or controlled by them.

I disagree. The company is controlled by the workers. Workers have always been in control since the Ludlow Massacre. The workers have that control, now some don’t exercise that control. But they still have that control. The workers biggest problem is not the company. It is other workers and the government allowing other workers into the country. The workers worst enemy is the government. Mainly the Democratic Party.

Capitalism is not stealing from the workers. All labor is under contract, written or not. It is the law.

Mike, You are intelligent, so your mistaken beliefs are not due to lack of intelligence. In fact, you must have had some reason for choosing to go down the road of opposite world in your political beliefs. I am sorry if you cannot now see actual facts and adjust your thinking accordingly.

Taking rational steps to adjust the problem of wealth disparity in our nation will make us better off, not worse. The lie of trickle down economics has been exposed. The wealthy keep getting wealthier and everyone else does not. It is not greed and theft on the part of those who have been passed by in out increasingly wealthy (tho also increasingly debt ridden) nation. Conversely, greed and theft are to be more likely attributed to those who have gotten more and more and more of the wealth. If everyone else is so greedy and such thieves, how is it that they get none of the increase of wealth?

I am confused by your statements on the economy. Our current POTUS is doing everything he can to get the Fed to decrease interest rates, which would stimulate the economy. At the same time he claims that our economy is the best it has ever been. Decreasing interest rates is the quickest, most effective way to provide a stimulus to the economy. That is why the Fed raises rates when the economy is going great guns. So that the tool of lowering rates will be available when the economy is struggling.

The harm that the Trump administration did to children (developmentally) by forcibly taking them from parents, transporting them in secret around the country, not even keeping track of what children belonged to what parents, was the most heinous action that our current POTUS has been responsible for, so far, IMO. (And I know about child development.)

Tariffs on soybeans drove China to get them from other sources, e.g., Brazil.

IF the ACA is deemed by the courts or the Supreme Court and is killed, this may in the long term be best, because the Republicans will be responsible for its death and they have nothing to replace it. I fear for those who will be harmed, and even die because of it. But at least it may help usher in a more rational, less expensive, non-profitized (ultimately single payer) medical care system.

The political beliefs that I support are about helping people other than myself. I don’t need the ACA. I am old, so the worst effects of climate change will be after I am gone. It will not directly help me if the disparity of wealth in our country is rectified. It won’t directly help me if young people can afford to get a college degree, and still also buy a house afterward. If white nationalism continues to thrive under our current POTUS, and Russian influence also continues to thrive here and the rest of the world… again, I am old, so I will probably miss the worst of it. Pretty much the only way that correcting any of this will help me, is the emotional quietude that could come from recognizing that my nation continues to become a more perfect union rather than a more divided chaotic mess, headed in the direction of totalitarianism under our current oh-so-deceptive-and-manipulative POTUS.

M Yohe: “OK, lets talk about intellectual integrity. Answer this question. Why did Trump take us out of the Paris climate agreement?”

TimB: “It appears to me that just about everything he does is to please his base, and thus retain his power over his party and to have the best shot to get re-elected.”

Capitalism is not stealing from the workers. All labor is under contract, written or not. It is the law.

And who makes the law? You are hopeless. Show me how a worker has any say about what happens with the profits.