Adam Schiff nails GOP for indifference to attack on America

I often share my disappointment with the limp Democratic Party and how easily they wither in the face of GOP’s ruthless macho bullying. Still, once in awhile I get impressed and realize there is some hope left. Now if only these few courageous politicians can start getting more of We The People to better support them by actively getting behind these individuals and letting our representatives know we expect them to follow through on their efforts.

Act as if our democracy depends on it, because it does! A healthy democracy requires an informed and engaged electorate!

Yeah, yeah, an imperfect democracy is better than this ME FIRST theocracy the oligarch owned GOP is pushing our country towards.

Rep. Adam Schiff’s Controlled Anger At GOP’s Indifference On Russia | The Last Word | MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qKd9fDLku8 MSNBC Published on Mar 28, 2019

2:42 Honorable Adam Schiff Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee:

“My colleagues may think it’s okay that the Russians offered dirt on a Democratic candidate for president as part of what was described as the Russian government’s effort to help the Trump campaign. You might think that’s okay. (transcript continues)

My (Republican) colleagues might think it’s okay that, when that was offered to the son of the president, who had a pivotal role in the campaign, that the president’s son did not call the FBI.

He did not adamantly refuse that foreign help, no instead that son said that he would love the help of the Russians.

You (GOP) might think it’s okay that he took that meeting, you might think it’s okay thatPaul Manafort the campaign chair, someone with great experience of running campaigns, also took that meeting.

You might think it’s okay that the president’s son-in-law also took that meeting. You might think it’s okay that they concealed it from the public. You might think it’s okay that their only disappointment after that meeting was that the dirt they received on Hillary Clinton wasn’t better.

You might think that’s okay.

You might think it’s okay that when it was discovered a year later, that didn’t lied about that meeting and said it was about adoptions.You might think it’s okay that the president is reported to have helped dictate that lie. You might think that’s okay. I don’t. (4:10)

You might think it’s okay that the campaign chairman of a presidential campaign would offer information about that campaign to a Russian oligarch in exchange for money or debt forgiveness. You might think that’s okay. I don’t!

You might think it’s okay that that campaign chairman offered polling data, campaign polling data, to someone linked to Russian intelligence. I don’t think that’s okay.

You might think it’s okay that the President himself called on Russia to hack his opponents emails if they were listening. You might think it’s okay that later that day in fact the Russians attempted to hack a server affiliated with that campaign.

I don’t think that’s okay.

You might think that it’s okay that the president’s son-in-law sought to establish a secret back channel of communications with the Russians through a Russian diplomatic facility. I don’t think that’s okay. You might think it’s okay that an associate of the president made direct contact with the GRU through Guccifer 2.0 and WikiLeaks that is considered a hostile intelligence agency.

You might think that it’s okay a senior campaign official was instructed to reach that associate and find out what that hostile intelligence agency had to say, in terms of dirt on his opponent.

You might think it’s okay that the National Security Advisor designate secretly conferred with a Russian ambassador about undermining US sanctions, and you might think it’s okay he lied about it to the FBI.

You might say that’s all okay.

You might say that’s just what you need to do to win.

But I don’t think it’s okay. I think it’s immoral. I think it’s unethical.

I think it’s unpatriotic, and yes I think it’s corrupt and evidence of collusion.

Now I have always said that the question of whether this amounts to proof of conspiracy was another matter, whether the Special Counsel could prove beyond a reasonable doubt the proof of that crime would be up to the special counsel, and I would accept his decision, and I do. He’s a good and honorable man and he is a good prosecutor.

But I do not think that conduct criminal or not is okay, and the day we do think that’s okay, is the day we will look back and say that is the day America lost its way. (6:52)

I will tell you one more thing that is apropos of the hearing today. I don’t think it’s okay that during a presidential campaign Mr… Trump sought the Kremlin’s help to consummate a real estate deal in Moscow that would make him a fortune, according to special counsel hundreds of millions of dollars.

I don’t think it’s okay that he concealed it from the public. I don’t think it’s okay that he advocated a new and more favorable policy towards the Russians, even as he was seeking the Russians help the Kremlin’s helped to make money.

I don’t think it’s okay that his attorney lied to our committee!

There’s a different word for that than collusion and it’s called compromise."

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff

Any discussion?

Maybe Adam gained some testicular fortitude from observing AOC’s style. When you’re right and your opponents are clearly full of crap, and ALWAYS WILL BE, a tone of outrage is called for. Anything less is ridiculous.

Our current POTUS, effectively uses this tone, almost daily, in order to make his lies seem “authentic”. So it seems that telling the truth, like it is, should have, at least, equal moral outrage, to counter the BS that he spews.

Thank you for articulating the impotent rage of liberals Mr Shiff. You are one of America’s favorite crybaby losers.

Blah, blah thatoneguy, you guys are pathetic. Name calling seems all you libertarian tea party types have.

Got anything of substance to discuss regarding what Schiff actually said?

I’m not sure what there is to add to what he said. When the hypocrite Repubs joined together unanimously to tell Shchiff he should resign from Congress, Schiff stood up to them and told them like it is, confronting their typical outrageous BS. I think that he should be this forceful and explicit, regularly, and not just when the opponent scum are trying to push him out of office.

What is Schiff right about? The only thing Schiff has done is exactly what the Russians want. He is the perfect Russian plant. When all is said and done, Schiff will likely turn out to be part of the Russian collusion with the Democratic Party. That pack of lies he delivered is to cover his own ass. The facts are. If Schiff cared at all about America, then he would not condone the DNC involvement in the Russian Dossier. Ten to one he was also behind the dossier and should be in jail for collusion. The Deep State is just now beginning to be exposed.

Where is the collusion that Schiff claimed he had? Why would he say he had data showing collusion if he was not trying to create a misdirection for the American people? He now needs to show the Trump collusion or get the hell out of congress.

Mike, it is astounding to me, that your beliefs are like an inside out world, or upside down and backwards mirror world from the truth. Truly astounding.

And the horror of it, is that you are not the only person who is caught up in this anti-truth version of “reality”.

Mike is just an example of what millions are thinking right now, and unfortunately, they all vote. Schiff simply listed things that have been on the evening news. They all happened in plain sight. Any one of them would have put a presidential candidate out of the running prior to 2016, but we live in a new world now. I suspect we will see this list over and over, along with whatever else is uncovered over the coming years. It will come up any time someone like Trump calls on someone like Schiff to step down because, you know, they are doing their job. And people like Mike and oneguy will say, hey, he didn’t get impeached! They are blissfully happy with a system that allows this corruption to occur. The rich made the laws, so of course the laws don’t prosecute the rich.

One of the many ironies is that, by far, most of the “believers” are working class folks, i.e., not filthy rich and never will be. And they effectively are screwing themselves by believing our POTUS is a populist, because he blatantly lies to tell them the MOST wonderful things a populist would promise. Meanwhile, in actuality, he has ONLY done things that are in line with typical Repub “support their rich donors” policies. So, it appears inevitable that the very followers that worship our current POTUS will be among his ultimate victims. But, I guess that sort of thing is not unusual in cults.

A current example of our POTUS delivering a big fat populist sounding LIE, is “The Republican Party will be the Party of GREAT Healthcare.” Meanwhile he is still trying to completely end the Affordable Care Act, while the Repubs and he have absolutely NO feasible replacement for it, much less something better. And they haven’t had a feasible replacement despite years of talking about repeal and “replace”. THEY NEVER HAD AND STILL DO NOT HAVE A “REPLACE”.

It is a LIE they continue to say, that that one time, John McCain was the one vote that prevented repeal and replace. There was NO REPLACE, then, and they have NEVER had a feasible one. John McCain, no doubt, saved Republican butts, because they would have been revealed for what they were, had that vote gone thru, and millions of ppl lost healthcare, completely, and many many others, virtually lost healthcare due to loss of “pre-existing conditions” coverage.

Are you going to tell me that the most powerful congressman on intel that has been saying for two years now, that he knows of compelling Russian collusion evidence by Trump. Is that not a fact?

Adam Schiff has said many times when talking about having proof of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign that he is the third eye raven, has evidence and seen things that no body else has ever seen before. Is that not a fact?

The President of the United States of America has called for his resignation. Is that not a fact?

Every Republican member of the House Intelligence Committee has called for Schiff to step down. Is that not a fact?

John Brennan and Adam Schiff misled Americans about the intelligence they had seen. Is that not a fact?

Adam Schiff has insisted Trump is guilty despite a total lack of evidence. Is that not a fact?

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a neologism describing a reaction to United States President Donald Trump by liberals, progressives, and Never Trump neoconservatives, who are said to respond to Trump’s statements and political actions irrationally and with little regard to Trump’s actual position or action taken. Wikipedia

What the hell is wrong with being rich? I don’t think you can tell me. I want to live in a rich country. Stop sounding so greedy.

As far as health care. If you repeal Obamacare, then it defaults back to the old system. Obamacare was a tax system. Now that the tax system has been removed. Obamacare will most likely be ruled unconstitutional. So, what are you wanting it replaced with? Another unconstitutional system or another tax system?

I don’t have a single friend who has benefited from Obamacare. But I have many friends who have lost big time by Obamacare. Obamacare made it a law that existing insurance companies could get out of lifetime full medical coverage contracts. An example would be a close friend who had lifetime medical. Everything paid. Now has been paying six thousand a month. And she is retired from selling medical insurance and knows the industry. Obamacare allowed the big insurance companies to get out of risk and transfer the health care that they have been collection on for decades to the government for the taxpayers to take care of. You got to watch those sneaky democrats.

Facts: There has been public proof of collusion for some time now. Here are some examples:

1. Russia was interfering in our election via social media. Our POTUS’s son got an email from a Russian asking for a meeting and promising dirt on Hillary and replied that that would be great. The meeting was held with multiple Russians and multiple campaign staff.

2. Multiple campaign staff lied subsequently about that meeting, including our current POTUS, who at the time, tried to get out a cover story that it was just about adoptions,

3. Other campaign staff lied about contacts with Russians, some of them to the FBI.

4. During his campaign, out current POTUS publicly called for Russia to find and release Hillary’s missing emails. This was followed forthwith by Russian getting anti-Hillary leaked emails into the public domain.

5. During the Repub Presidential Convention, Paul Manafort, the campaign chair, got a Repub platform item changed to favor the Russian agenda. And he subsequently shared campaign polling data with the Russians.

These are just some of the publicly available facts that show collusion. Maybe they don’t meet the threshold of what can be legally prosecuted. But they are still facts. And they are pretty damn shady. The Mueller report may even have additional shady facts, but we don’t know because the Repub Attorney General has not released the Mueller report. And when he does, he may redact anything that might shed more shady facts about our POTUS.

Re: Obamacare, it is a miracle that it is still working at all. Instead of trying to fix it, over the years, the Repubs have tried to kill it many dozens of times. They have succeeded in degrading it, so it is no surprise that it is not working for some. Still there are millions who have healthcare and millions more who have meaningful healthcare, because of it.

An irony is that Obamacare was a Republican plan. Repubs only hated it because Obama instituted it. At the time we desperately needed a healthcare overhaul, because the cost of what we had was spiraling higher every year. Obamacare helped with that, plus it had other great benefits for most consumers. So if we are now back to prices spiraling out of control, we are back to where we started, but we still have some of the important features of Obamacare intact. If a Repub controlled court declares Obamacare to be nul and void, as our POTUS is seeking to be the case, then bye bye coverage for lots of people and bye bye any affordable coverage for pre0existing conditions.

And there is nothing wrong with being rich. It is great that our country is rich. It can be rich, probably richer, if there is not such disparity of wealth. We could all be richer if no one lost all their wealth due to illness. Our country could be stronger if our young ppl didn’t go into fabulous debt just getting a college education. We could all be healthier if we all had clean air and water. We could invest in our country’s future by doing what we need to do to slow down climate change. We could create jobs that we actually need by supporting renewable energy development, and other needed technologies, instead of continuing breaks and welfare for the fossil fuel industries.

So hell yeah, tax the rich. But don’t make them NOT rich. Let them make as much money as possible. Just tax them on amounts of wealth or income that are far beyond what any decent person would need. They are part of society just as the regular workers are.

But the rich and filthy rich, get not only the best healthcare (that sort of seems wrong), they also get the best “justice” in our system of laws (that is downright wrong). Face it, the filthy rich get WAY more of everything, and that’s fine, to an extent. But at some point, it’s more than they need to still have WAY more of everything.

So let’s give the regular (non exploiting) workers some economic justice to start with, like decent affordable healthcare, a dignified wage that will actually support them, affordable childcare, and affordable education or vocational training when needed. That’s not greed, Mike. Greed is making $150 million a year and not wanting to pay $70 million (70% on income over $50M) in income tax. That is greedy because $80 million is enough to get by, somehow.

Obamacare.

The problem is we live in a country that uses 15% for military and the rest in given back to the people under government programs and grants. The government creates a lot of money. The reason we don’t spend more on government run health care and we have to shut down Obamacare is because of the President. The President can’t do anything because of Congress. Congress can’t do anything because of groups like the liberals and progressives that only vote for the guys that will get them more government money. With all the government money spent. There is nothing left for Obamacare or more government paid health care. We have reached the maximum that we can tax and regulate the people and still be able to keep the people happy. We will be able to have better government help with health care when the government becomes more conservative and manages better.

A couple of examples. A guitar player I jam with gets pills for him and his wife from the government each week. They then sell those pills for 60 to 65 dollars each. A lady friend has a son who was on heroin. The government has a program for him where they give him other drugs to get him off heroin. But he is required to take the drugs at an approved location twice a week. They have a taxi pick him up and then bring him home. It’s a hundred and forty miles one way. The government gave a contract to a taxi service. The taxi guy gave him a pickup truck and $65 a trip if he would drive himself. This is all government health care money. I am not even going to get into some of the supplied housing and care costs I know of for people because of psychology health. And half those people are not even from America.

The fixing of health care is getting further away every day that we get more illegal immigration, and that a fact that should be understood by all voters.

So let’s give the regular (non exploiting) workers some economic justice to start with, like decent affordable healthcare, a dignified wage that will actually support them, affordable childcare, and affordable education or vocational training when needed. That’s not greed, Mike. Greed is making $150 million a year and not wanting to pay $70 million (70% on income over $50M) in income tax. That is greedy because $80 million is enough to get by, somehow.

I see you really don’t understand what greed is.

Response

1.  OMG. Did you just learn this? Are you aware there are automobiles and airplanes? What a shock it must have been to find out that political parties try and find dirt on opponents. So, what laws were broken? What information was received? Sorry, no collusion. Just a lot of TDS here.

2.  I am not in the market for swamp land today. Adam Schiff questioned Eric for seven hours about a ten-minute meeting. And then said he had unanswered questions. Eric answered every question. You’re trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Aren’t you even just a little embarrassed to use this as a debating point?

3.  Trump lies about everything. The Whitehouse lies about everything. Republicans lies about everything. Anyone who wears a red cap lies about everything. How dumb do you think people are?

4.  I watch that. That was funny. And I thought at the time some d-ass would try and use that against Trump. Did you hear the one about the rabbi and doctor… wait, I better stop here. Some people don’t know how to take a joke. Twisting a joke around is not only showing how weak the Democrats are but a very high level of stupidity.

5.  OMG, sharing polling data. Isn’t polling data what the fake news media was using on their claim of the upcoming Hillary landslide? And getting a Repub platform item changed. <em>“The platform, a nonbinding policy document, is revised every four years at the Republican National Convention by a committee of 112 delegates from around the country. It’s viewed primarily as a ministerial exercise, with few real-world ramifications — more about signaling the policy views of the party’s base than dictating positions for elected officials to follow. Presidential nominees are not bound to its positions and often publicly oppose them.”</em> What a waste of time.

No, they do not show collusion. They show a very bad case of TDS at best.

Stop BS me. You don’t give a damn about collusion. The DNC and Hillary has all the collusion anyone would ever need. You’re just being unamerican and hurting the policies and people around the world because you are a sore loser. Grow up and try to work together for a better world.

My happiest dreams are of a world without people who think like MikeYoho currently does.

How awesome could we make this planet for everyone, if they learned how to see beyond their tiny, set-in-stone, faith-based world view? [Ahhh, what a rush just thinking of it.]

1) OMG. Did you just learn this? Are you aware there are automobiles and airplanes? What a shock it must have been to find out that political parties try and find dirt on opponents. So, what laws were broken? What information was received? Sorry, no collusion. Just a lot of TDS here.
I'm back to just skimming Mike's posts, because they are almost always a waste of my time. But, no Mike, this is not normal. Candidates do not normally accept invitations to obtain data on their opponents via foreign governments. I'm not going to spend any more time explaining that to you. Try the internet.

What you just defined TDS as is; Everybody spies on each other therefore when Trump does it, it is okay. If you don’t agree with that, you’re deranged.

Fortunately, most of the world doesn’t work like that. Unfortunately, we are in a situation right now where power has accumulated to the point that what would be considered illegal or at least highly immoral in just about anytime anywhere is now openly being done with no immediate consequences. The 50 million or so people that constitute the base of the Republican party are keeping that in place.

Russia, if you’re listening, come pick up Mike. He is highly motivated to be in your “Disinformation in America for Trump Division”.

Lausten

Participant Mike is just an example of what millions are thinking right now, and unfortunately, they all vote. Schiff simply listed things that have been on the evening news. They all happened in plain sight. Any one of them would have put a presidential candidate out of the running prior to 2016, but we live in a new world now. I suspect we will see this list over and over, along with whatever else is uncovered over the coming years. It will come up any time someone like Trump calls on someone like Schiff to step down because, you know, they are doing their job. And people like Mike and oneguy will say, hey, he didn’t get impeached! They are blissfully happy with a system that allows this corruption to occur. The rich made the laws, so of course the laws don’t prosecute the rich.
Your missing the main point that none of the things "that happened in plain sight' are actually illegal. The reason Trump won't be impeached is because that is not possible in this case.

As for your other points - they don’t really matter. Maybe those things would’ve harmed a candidate before 2016 but so what - that candidate wasn’t Donald Trump - the law wasn’t any different. Presidential candidates are all rich anyway.

The truth is there was no miscarriage of justice, no systematic corruption, Shiff is simply butthurt because his side lost and the same could be said of you and the others in this thread. You shouldn’t have invested so much emotion in this nonsensical investigation against a president you can’t stand.

How is this not systemic?