A T rump COVID spreading Campaign Rally in Tulsa

Sree,

You are really eaten up lately with this ideology of the supremacy of those with wealth. Wealth is just wealth. It is not really “speech” even though the SCOTUS thinks it is. It is not a character enhancer. Depending on how one came by it, it may not even indicative of skill or hard work, or cleverness, or any other particularly positive characteristic.

My problem with your lord and master is not his wealth. It is his incompetence and dysfunctionality as he abuses power in his position.

And he does not have a healthy self-esteem. It certainly is pathological. He will continue to cut a destructive swath across America and the world as long as he has the power to do so, in order to feed the bottomless pit of his own ego.

The Jim Carrey video had nothing to do with the movie story -- Sree
First, I've been letting the language slip quite a bit lately. Let's all pull back on that.

2nd, that was the worst response you could have given. it shows you are only looking at the 1 min 47 secs in isolation, not the story of the guy wanting to get to the top, but ending up at the bottom.

And he does not have a healthy self-esteem. It certainly is pathological. He will continue to cut a destructive swath across America and the world as long as he has the power to do so, in order to feed the bottomless pit of his own ego.
What you are suffering from is jealousy, a deadly sin. It eats you up and makes you bitter. Stop comparing yourself with Donald Trump. And, more importantly, don't ascribe him the power he doesn't have. He is not fighting with you. His struggle is with his destiny.

You are so dramatic. Are you writing a cheap novel? C’mon. “His struggle is with his destiny.”? Who are you trying to entertain with that line?

FYI, I do not suffer from the “deadly sin” of jealousy. (Though I imagine that you tend to think that a lot of people, who really don’t suffer from jealousy, do. Perhaps you even might enjoy thinking that certain people might be jealous of you. Ick. Now that is a sin I am very glad not to suffer from.)

I really wish that the t rump did not have the power to make an utter mess of our country and screw up our relations with the rest of the world, but look around, son. And I don’t see things getting better with him in the position he is in.

FYI, I do not suffer from the “deadly sin” of jealousy.
Then, it must be a fatal attraction of some sort. Look, the guy doesn't even know that you exist. So, if it is a personal grudge you have with him, then it's a one-sided affair. Don't give me this bs about him making a mess of our country. Those people out there in the streets don't give a damn about George Floyd anymore than you care about the USA. Pissing off and tearing things down are manifestations of agitation when kids are emotionally disturbed. Get a grip, man.

@sree stop attempting to to psychoanalyze others, even if it is poor job at doing so. It’s not your place nor is it the topic of discussion. Nor is preaching from the bully pulpit. The topic has nothing to do with Xianity. So no religious mind games either. Please stay on topic.

As for whether or not the people protesting and/or tearing down statues care about the U.S. isn’t for you to judge either. IMHO, the dotard doesn’t give a damn about the U.S. because he’s destroying. That said, BLM is very important and their protests are an attempt to request change. Truth be told, black lives do matter, damn it and out country is in shambles not because of BLM or any other protesters. It was in shambles long before that and the dotard’s encouragement of racism is not making it any better. Those protesting are doing what U.S. citizens do best- make their voices heard and voting doesn’t get it (it was stolen last time) then we protest. That’s how the U.S. works. They may care a whole lot more than you believe they do and what they want is an end to racism and changes for the better, not for the worst. I don’t know how in the world you believe the dotard has made the U.S. better. You call a pandemic way out of control in the U.S. alone, better? You call millions of people unemployed, better? You call the economy we have better? You call all this racism against people of colour better? You call hundreds of thousands of people dying from a pandemic in one country alone, better? You call a government kidnapping children from their parents better? If so, I question your values and ethics.

I have been labelled as having t rump derangement syndrome (TDS), by oneguy, and now according to Sree, I am Glenn Close and the t rump is Michael Douglas, in “Fatal Attraction”.

1st, I want to declare that I have never had sexual relations with that man, Mr. t rump.

As far as TDS, I consider that to be a completely normal response to the travesty that the t rump represents in the position he has as an exceedingly poor excuse for a national leader. In fact, I consider anyone who does NOT have an intensely negative view of the t rump, to be horribly misdirected.

My view of the t rump is more common than yours, I suspect. So start trying to figure out what is abnormal about you, instead of about me. My reaction to the t rump is perfectly consistent with the devastating damage that he has done and will continue to do to my country.

And I do care about my country. That is mainly why I am so vociferously opposed to what the t rump is doing to it.

The t rump is the only “President” in modern history, who throughout his term, HAS NEVER HAD AN APPROVAL RATING THAT EVEN REACHED 50%.

Iow, most Americans disapprove of the loser and they always have.

Iow, most Americans disapprove of the loser and they always have.
Most Americans will let you know how they feel come November. Let them speak for themselves, ok?
those who vote for him are telling us they like him because he “tells it like it is”.
Actually, I think the bigger pull was that he was so good at pissing off liberals and reducing them to incoherent babbling as they backed away.

Sree, I imagine you don’t see the irony in your words.

Pissing off and tearing things down are manifestations of agitation when kids (like trump) are emotionally disturbed.
It seems to me that overall problem with your type sree, is that you aren't the least bit interesting in understanding anything beyond your biased postcard reproduction. There are so many layers of nuances and, and, and, well ... it's basically like that fundamental about understanding biology - you cannot understand an organism without also understanding it's environment. I'm convinced it's just as true for human behavior and sociology and such.

You think you can judge people and events without the least understanding of the actual complete situation, the rest of the story. You never seem to acknowledge all you don’t know. (shades of Dunning-Kruger)

Guess that’s what happens when one’s heart crosses over to the Totalitarian side, which it seems an amazing amount of Americans have these days, thank’s to pretty much unopposed media manipulation, acceptance of facts being misrepresented, and a lot of smooth as silk brainwashing. FOX, Breitbart, WUWT and so many more

The Trump Presidency and American Democracy: A Historical and Comparative Analysis

Perspectives on Politics,Volume 17, Issue 2
June 2019 , pp. 470-479

https :// www - cambridge - org/core/journals/perspectives-on-politics/article/trump-presidency-and-american-democracy-a-historical-and-comparative-analysis/E157E9BBA8D3E531A7DD4FD1A01E0478/core-reader

Abstract
To many observers across the political spectrum, American democracy appears under threat. What does the Trump presidency portend for American politics? How much confidence should we have in the capacity of American institutions to withstand this threat? We argue that understanding what is uniquely threatening to democracy requires looking beyond the particulars of Trump and his presidency. Instead, it demands a historical and comparative perspective on American politics. Drawing on insights from the fields of comparative politics and American political development, we argue that Trump’s election represents the intersection of three streams in American politics: polarized two-party presidentialism; a polity fundamentally divided over membership and status in the political community, in ways structured by race and economic inequality; and the erosion of democratic norms. The current political circumstance threatens the American democratic order because of the interactive effects of institutions, identity, and norm-breaking.

Why is America’s government broken, a new paper asks By Will Kane| JUNE 28, 2019

https: //news - berkeley - edu/2019/06/28/why-is-americas-government-broken-a-new-paper-asks/

In the article, published in the July/August issue of Foreign Affairs, political science professor Paul Pierson and Jacob Hacker, a professor at Yale University, draw on years of research to write that an increasingly radicalized Republican Party is the “overriding culprit behind the failure of the U.S. political system.”

The Republican Party has “mutated” over the last 20 years from a traditionally conservative party that argued for limited government and traditional values into an “insurgent force that threatens the norms and institutions of American democracy.”

“You don’t see most conservative parties in other democracies being in the hands of climate change deniers or advocating such inegalitarian polices,” Pierson said in an interview, pointing to tax cuts for the rich and attempts to cut well-liked programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

President Donald Trump is both a symptom of this mutation and an accelerant of long-simmering changes in the party, Pierson said.

“It goes back to Newt Gingrich and the 1994 election, …

‘Trump is tearing apart America’: how the world sees the US protests
The racial tensions in the US have emboldened both President Trump’s allies and his enemies

www - theguardian - com/us-news/2020/jun/07/tearing-apart-america-how-friends-and-foes-now-view-trumps-rule

… Miriam Lewin is one of only around 150 survivors of the ESMA death camp, where some 5,000 people were murdered over the seven years of the dictatorship.

“I think Americans are not aware, or don’t have the experience, to realise what it means for the military to be out on the streets in charge of domestic security,” Lewin said. “In Latin America, unfortunately, we do have a lot of experience with how that can lead to an authoritarian regime irrespective of the fact that Trump was democratically elected.”

The events of the past week in America have had reverberations around the world. For years, part of the daily work of the US state department was to issue denunciations of police brutality, suppression of dissent, and instability in far-flung corners of the globe.

In recent days it has been the other way round. Friendly nations have expressed concern, less friendly governments have revelled in Washington’s discomfort …

The President Is Winning His War on American Institutions How Trump is destroying the civil service and bending the government to his will

www - theatlantic - com/magazine/archive/2020/04/how-to-destroy-a-government/606793/

hen donald trump came into office, there was a sense that he would be outmatched by the vast government he had just inherited.

The new president was impetuous, bottomlessly ignorant, almost chemically inattentive, while the bureaucrats were seasoned, shrewd, protective of themselves and their institutions. They knew where the levers of power lay and how to use them or prevent the president from doing so. Trump’s White House was chaotic and vicious, unlike anything in American history, but it didn’t really matter as long as “the adults” were there to wait out the president’s impulses and deflect his worst ideas and discreetly pocket destructive orders lying around on his desk.

After three years, the adults have all left the room—saying just about nothing on their way out to alert the country to the peril—while Trump is still there. …

I occurs to me that sree and pals will probably find much to be happy about within those articles. No wonder so many love Jesus, he’s the same dude that said ‘Forgive the Ignorant For They Know Not What They Do.’

Most Americans will let you know how they feel come November. Let them speak for themselves, ok?
Why aren't they speaking for themselves in all of the polls in which the t rump has never had an approval rating even as high as 50%? And recently it dropped below 40%. The t rump is a loser who is making the USA a loser nation. I tried to warn people before the 2016 election that an administration under him would result in catastrophe. Now that has happened in spades.

It will continue to happen in the remaining 6 mos of this term, because he cannot learn from his mistakes. He just keeps making them regardless of any potentially existential crises that occur to us and what is left of our democracy. And people keep dying. And our country keeps losing face amongst the rest of the world. And our economy is not coming back to what it was. And Congress is not passing laws to deal with the systemic racial injustices. And he keeps contributing to, instead of addressing climate change. And he is a man of very poor character who is in the top leadership position in the world.

And he is going to try to cheat and “win” the election in November by crooked means, because that is who he is.

CC, speaking of Jesus, the t rump said that those who are tearing down statues will be going after statues of Jesus Christ.

He bravely said that he will not let that happen.

Are protestors going to go to Catholic Churches to tear down these statues of Jesus? (I suppose there may be statues of Jesus in other places, but it is not occurring to me where that is, in the US, anyway.)

You don’t suppose that the DOTUS is just talking out of his ass, as usual, do you?

@Sree they spoke in 2016 and it wasn’t for the dotard. The E.C. decided to ignore the populous and went with the ones who paid them to vote for the Dotard. The dotard stole that election and it was rigged, not just in the paying off of the E.C., but also with Russia’s help. He’s been in bed with Putin for a long time.

@mriana

He’s been in bed with Putin for a long time.
That's your opinion. In America, everybody is allowed to have an opinion, and sell it in the free market.

@citizenschallengev3

Sree, I imagine you don’t see the irony in your words.
I see the irony that you see in my words. It’s just that you and I don’t value the same things. I, and Trump, are not ashamed of American traditions and appreciate a good thing we have built: a viable society - warts and all - that immigrants want to be a part of since its founding. The US is not perfect but one of the best western countries that people of other cultures want. You, on the other hand, have an axe to grind, nits to pick, and upset enough to endorse the upending of cities and towns at the expense of law-abiding folks whose properties and livelihoods are destroyed just because you are angry. No other minority except you and your progressive enablers are rooting for tearing down and reshaping the face of the USA.

Do you even know why you are angry? I know it better than you, but that’s a belief best kept to myself.

It seems to me that overall problem with your type sree, is that you aren’t the least bit interesting in understanding anything beyond your biased postcard reproduction. There are so many layers of nuances and, and, and, well … it’s basically like that fundamental about understanding biology – you cannot understand an organism without also understanding it’s environment. I’m convinced it’s just as true for human behavior and sociology and such.
Of course, I am interested in your point of view and your analyses. Why do you think I spend time here with you guys in this forum? It's not because you don't hate and despise me. I am doing exactly what you told Lausten that you guys should be doing: debating folks like @loveofgod and dissecting fallacies. So far, the din of conversation is rife with emotional outbursts from you fellas, name-calling, and arguments of logic that purport to be heartful but does not support human cultures.

So, why don’t we step into the ring and “throw some real punches” for the betterment of mankind?

I heard that they are trying to entice the t rump to wear a mask by printing a picture of Putin’s ass on it.

@timb

I heard that they are trying to entice the t rump to wear a mask by printing a picture of Putin’s ass on it.

ROFL! I bet it would work since he’s so in love with Putin.

@sree

The US is not perfect but one of the best western countries that people of other cultures want.

Yeah the U.S. is now a third world country since the dotard took over. People lack health care again, not only that, they can’t get tested for COVID very easily, if at all. And if they get it and become severe to critical, they are lucky a hospital takes them, if it’s not overflowing with sick people already. The economy is in the crapper and unemployment is almost as bad, if not as bad, as it was during the depression. Due to the pandemic and job losses, many are facing eviction and about to live in shanty towns.

I do not believe people are wanting that, especially since the dotard has turned the U.S. into a sh**hole. Progressives didn’t destroy the U.S., the dotard and his cronies have.

Do you even know why you are angry? I know it better than you, but that’s a belief best kept to myself.

I seriously doubt that you know why anyone is angry on this forum. The truth is, the dotard wasn’t put in by the popular vote, the U.S. was never great, but it was going in the right direction with President Obama, then the E.C. had to ignore what the people wanted because they were being paid to put the dotard in office, who destroys everything he touches, is a racist, xenophobic, sexist, lying, hypocritical, bigot, as well as an uneducated know nothing.

a viable society
Would love to hear you try define this "viable society" sree.

Do you even know what viable means?

Heck, for that matter you’ve never given the impression of having a clue what society consists, nor all that goes into a successful economy. So like this trump delusional you adore, your words possess no legitimacy, vapors.

It’s not because you don’t hate and despise me.
Don't flatter yourself, there's nothing there to hate or despise, pity is the feeling that comes to my mind.

@citizenschallengev3

Would love to hear you try define this “viable society” sree.

Do you even know what viable means?

Viable to whom? Who gets to define “viable society”? Why don’t you take the first shot at this? After all, you are the folks with the moral high ground, the intellectual heft and the academic learning.

Heck, for that matter you’ve never given the impression of having a clue what society consists, nor all that goes into a successful economy. So like this trump delusional you adore, your words possess no legitimacy, vapors.
Why don’t you educate me on what a society consists, from your perspective. I assume you allow other perspectives besides your own since this is an exercise in “dissecting fallacies”. It is easy to cut the other guy up; chopping yourself to pieces is undoable.