A T rump COVID spreading Campaign Rally in Tulsa

In Tulsa, OK, the NAACP has cancelled all of their celebratory events for Juneteenth this year due to COVID-19 concerns. Meanwhile, the T rump is, now, going to bring his COVID spreading acolytes in mass to Tulsa that day.

So that seems wrong. But there’s something else. Juneteenth is an important holiday for many black Americans. It represents how it took a year for the freedom of the slaves to be announced in Texas, after slavery had been officially ended. The news got to Texas slaves on June 19th of the following year.

With the importance of Juneteenth in Black history, and it’s importance in the light of race being a national and raw focus these days, we should also be aware of an incident in Tulsa’s history.

"On the morning of May 30, 1921, a young black man named Dick Rowland was riding in the elevator in the Drexel Building at Third and Main with a woman named Sarah Page. The details of what followed vary from person to person. Accounts of an incident circulated among the city’s white community during the day and became more exaggerated with each telling.

Tulsa police arrested Rowland the following day and began an investigation. An inflammatory report in the May 31 edition of the Tulsa Tribune spurred a confrontation between black and white armed mobs around the courthouse where the sheriff and his men had barricaded the top floor to protect Rowland. Shots were fired and the outnumbered African Americans began retreating to the Greenwood District.

In the early morning hours of June 1, 1921, Greenwood was looted and burned by white rioters. Governor Robertson declared martial law, and National Guard troops arrived in Tulsa. Guardsmen assisted firemen in putting out fires, took African Americans out of the hands of vigilantes and imprisoned all black Tulsans not already interned. Over 6,000 people were held at the Convention Hall and the Fairgrounds, some for as long as eight days.

Twenty-four hours after the violence erupted, it ceased. In the wake of the violence, 35 city blocks lay in charred ruins, over 800 people were treated for injuries and contemporary reports of deaths began at 36. Historians now believe as many as 300 people may have died." https://www.tulsahistory.org/exhibit/1921-tulsa-race-massacre/#flexible-content

So “white rioters looted and destroyed an area in Tulsa called the Greenwood District, known for its affluent black community.”

“99 years ago a white mob massacred hundreds of Black people in the Greenwood District of Tulsa. The most racist President of my lifetime knows exactly what message he’s sending when he goes there on Juneteenth,” tweeted Rep. Joe Kennedy, D-Mass. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/slap-in-the-face-to-black-people-trump-faces-backlash-over-rally-on-juneteenth/ar-BB15lVLC?ocid=spartanntp

Rick Wilson tweeted about the rally, “This. Cannot. Be. Real.” Rick Tyler, a former aide to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and an MSNBC political analyst, tweeted, “You can’t make this stuff up.” S.E. Cupp said, “Two safe assumptions here: 1. Trump likely has no clue what the significance of Juneteenth and Tulsa are. 2. But Stephen Miller does.”

It seems to me that either our DOTUS is being lead by the nose by the likes of White Supremacist Profas like Stephen Miller, or he is a coy Profa and Prora himself.

Meanwhile, here is VP Pence rallying his campaign staff, indoors, without masks, pressed together closer than meat packers. I wonder how they have avoided a major outbreak so far. Is spreading COVID part of their Campaign plan? Not a strategy I would have gone with, but kudos for maintaining a kind of internal integrity within their insanity.

Those people must get paid a lot. There’s even a couple of black guys up front. Whaddaya bet that they are the 1st to go down to the COVID, like a new Star Trek recruit going on an away mission?

So that seems wrong. But there’s something else. Juneteenth is an important holiday for many black Americans. It represents how it took a year for the freedom of the slaves to be announced in Texas, after slavery had been officially ended. The news got to Texas slaves on June 19th of the following year.

With the importance of Juneteenth in Black history, and it’s importance in the light of race being a national and raw focus these days, we should also be aware of an incident in Tulsa’s history.

In the early morning hours of June 1, 1921, Greenwood was looted and burned by white rioters. Governor Robertson declared martial law, and National Guard troops arrived in Tulsa. Guardsmen assisted firemen in putting out fires, took African Americans out of the hands of vigilantes and imprisoned all black Tulsans not already interned. Over 6,000 people were held at the Convention Hall and the Fairgrounds, some for as long as eight days.

Nasty mean little thug he is. Ditto to all you said Tim.

It’s his little middle finger to the black community and a rallying cry for his troops, wonder if they’ll allow weapons into the rally? It’s really terrifying when one thinks about the vicious self-certain hatred he’s trying to fan with all his might. And the Democrats still can’t message for shit. This is could well spin way out of control, which is what they want, that’s the part most decent American’s still don’t seem to get, too caught up in consumerism I reckon.

I mean he’s succeeded in normalizing a global pandemic who’s cascading impacts are going to be increasing horrendous societally, especially since so many are convinced they can ignore it. They talk about getting back to normal, they don’t have a clue . . .

Ignore, blame others, fuel hatred vs. ah, ah, ah.

So the rally in Tulsa, where 99 years ago whites of Tulsa destroyed “The Black Wall Street” aka the community of Greenwood. It was by accounts a beautiful prosperous community of black citizens. Before the whites killed a few hundred of those they no doubt referred to as N-----s, looted hundreds of their homes, and burned down 1200 homes.

Now our Pro-racist DOTUS want to celebrate by having a campaign rally on Juneteenth 99 years later in Tulsa. He wants to get back to his adoring crowds, who will be packed in to some venue, probably few of them wearing masks. Yelling and screaming idiotic phrases that will turn the T rump on. If there are any COVID-19 carriers they will be spewing out viral aerosols.

Oklahoma is, I think, increasing in cases of COVID-19. But do not despair. The T rump is requiring any of his attendees to sign a waver that they will not sue him if they get the Coronavirus. And T rump who will not be wearing a mask, will, unlike his adoring fans, probably be over 6 feet from other people most of the time.

Meanwhile, back at the White House

Mr. President tear down this wall:

That Mcaninny young lady. So pretty to be such a nasty despicable RepugLIAR.

The T rump has a finite # of simplistic “solutions” that he applies to everything. One of those “simplistic” solutions is building fences, which he calls walls.

Another of his simplistic “solutions” is falling in love with the dictators of oppositional nations, as if that accomplishes much of anything.

Another is tariffs.

Another is blocking travel from other countries.

Another is pretending there is nothing bad happening when really bad things are coming.

Maybe he has 1/2 dozen other simplistic go-to solutions for all possible situations. But then he can only repeat. He is clearly not advanced in his Fluid Intelligence. And his Crystalized IQ also seems wanting.

I suspect that he has been this way most of his life, though it could be related to his advanced years.

You can click on the video at the bottom of the video above, on “the WH Wall” after you watch it. It is about a linguist expert who views the T rump’s speech as oddly adolescent.

I wonder whether the T rump’s brain ever developed past that of the typical adolescent’s brain. Maybe his bone spurs somehow stunted further normal brain development.

Fortunately for all, someone in the WH convinced the T rump to change the date of his campaign COVID spreading rally to the next day, so that it will not be the pro-racist scheduling of being on Juneteenth.

That Mcaninny young lady. So pretty to be such a nasty despicable RepugLIAR.
Kayleigh McEnany: Trump's weapon against the White House press corp. She is even better than Donald Trump.

God is great!

She is definitely the prettiest of all the LYING CHUMPS that have had that position.

God is a human constructed concept of a fictional supernatural entity! Is that Great?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/15/tulsa-rally-trump-campaign-provide-face-masks-temperature-checks/3191388001/

We now know the T rump moved his COVID spreading Campaign Rally to the next day. Now we also know:

Supporters who plan to attend President Donald Trump's election rally in Oklahoma this week will be given temperature checks, hand sanitizer and face masks before entering the venue as safety measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus...

Last week, the campaign attempted to shield itself from any virus-related lawsuits from people who might get sick at the rally by including a liability disclaimer on the sign-up page for free tickets to the event.

(In a Monday tweet, Trump pointed to the large crowds of demonstrators at protests over police brutality and the death of George Floyd, describing them as “rioters and looters” who did not practice health protection.

“The Far Left Fake News Media, which had no Covid problem with the Rioters & Looters destroying Democrat run cities, is trying to Covid Shame us on our big Rallies. Won’t work!” he wrote.)

… The rally safety precautions also come after the Centers for Disease Control issued new guidelines on Friday, characterizing “large in-gatherings where it is difficult for individuals to remain spaced at least 6 feet apart and attendees travel from outside the local area” in the “highest risk” category.

Trump has never held a rally in Tulsa, and Oklahoma is a state he won by 36 percentage points in the 2016 election.

I think the coward chose Tulsa because he has a stronghold of supporters there. While he ignored the fact that their COVID outbreak is not well under control, there.

Well the COVID spreading Campaign Rally is about to begin. The loyal MAGA-heads have arrived. There has been a five level perimeter established, to keep out any counter demonstrators. Masks are being provided by the T rump campaign. But I am establishing the Over/Under prediction of what % of the MAGA’s will wear masks at 40%.

Even at that less than majority guess, I think I would go for the Under prediction.

Will we ever know how many will ultimately die from this particular mega opportunity for the virus to spread? No doubt some will. Is it worth their human sacrifice to the T rump, god of all that is in the best interest of the T rump (in his perception at any given moment)?

I saw bits of it. Oddly, the place was not absolutely full. Lots of balcony seats were empty. So if they were expecting to fill the place with 19K, then there actually were probably 17K in there.

(The Campaign had prepared for an outdoor overflow crowd of 40K or more. After all they had said that they had received 1M responses about the event. But probably less than 200 people showed up for that, so they took down the set-up and cancelled it.)

As far as mask wearing, I was wrong to set the Over/Under at 40%. I should have set it at 5%. Even then, the % of people at that rally wearing masks was Under, probably Way Under.

The T rump was his usual old self, spreading his self-serving LIES, and sowing divisiveness by stirring up red meat topics to fight about with their demonized, mostly fictionalized, caricatures of “far left extremists”, while he distracts from the reality of the America that he, the T rump, has wrought into the present

distracts from the millions of new homeless that are impending to be, …

distracts from the fact is that America is First (among Pandemic deaths), …

distracts from the newly recognized awareness that systemic racial biases and, also, unjust societal biases against those who suffer most from disparity of wealth … … is no longer tenable.

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that the T rump Campaign was warned about the possibility of this foolish rally of becoming a super spreader event.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/503546-trump-rally-raises-concerns-over-racial-tensions-super

Hopefully, the event is NOT a super-spreader, but I don’t see how it cannot have done some spreading, which tends to lead to more spreading.

I mean just at a point that OK was reaching a high point in their daily totals of positive C-19 tests, they create the conditions to bump that spike up within a couple of weeks.

I avoid watching anything with the dotard or his cronies talking and even skip over clips of him on Randi Rhodes and Rachel Maddow (unless I’m watching live, then I can’t). His voice alone grates on my nerves and proverbially angry.

Remember this past Spring-Break, when someone tracked the cell phones that were at a certain beach party, then watch all those phones spread across the nation as their accompanying students went back to school.

It would be fascinating to see that done with the rally attendees.

This is Trump’s Amerika:

TOPICAL TOP STORY
Tulsa Police arrest local teacher in ‘I can’t breathe’ shirt for obstruction after Trump’s campaign asked officers to remove her
By Corey Jones - Tulsa World

At the request of the Donald Trump campaign, Tulsa police say they arrested a woman in an “I can’t breathe” shirt after she wouldn’t willingly leave a secure area for the event Saturday morning.
Sheila Buck of Tulsa was booked into the Tulsa County jail on a complaint of obstructing officers. The Police Department posted on Twitter that Buck was in an area considered to be private for the event, meaning Trump’s campaign could have people removed at the campaign’s discretion.
A Tulsa World reporter asked police spokeswoman Jeanne Pierce why the campaign asked officers to remove her.

“It is their event, and they requested it,” Pierce replied.

Tulsa Police arrest local teacher in 'I can't breathe' shirt for obstruction after Trump's campaign asked officers to remove her

NOTHING TOTALITARIAN ABOUT THAT!

hmmm.

Expected trumpster response: It’s no big thing, can’t ya take a joke?

We risked lives of entire families to tame the west after our founding, braved the threat of nuclear annihilation in the Cold War, and have now become a nation of wusses afraid of a germ that won’t harm most people.

@sree you obviously don’t know a thing about this virus. You don’t know who could harm and even that in mild causes could cause lifelong damage. It’s more hideous than you know. It’s killing children even who don’t have underlying conditions. Educate yourself before you start talking about things you don’t understand.

@mriana

I know the virus doesn’t harm most people based on the facts reported to-date by John Hopkins University. After four months, 2,267,387 (0.7% of US population) cases tested positive and 119,848 (0.04% of US population) people died.

I am not Dr. Fauci anymore than you are Dr. Birx. I don’t know a thing about this virus anymore than you do. All I am saying is that I am willing to risk my life and die from this virus if it ever gets me so that you and the rest can save our country’s economy. It’s ok, I have about the same probability of getting struck by lightning.

So you blow it off not caring who lives and who dies. How altruistic of you. Not! And how do you know what I know about the virus? Do you also read JAMA and NEJM? I read them and many other such medical sources. I also know that if you get a serious case and survive, you have permanent damage that may need a transplant, because you don’t fully recover. So yes, you can survive it, but but you may end up suffering for the rest of your life. Somehow I don’t think you read such medical source along with the studies.