Would this be funny if the roles were reversed? Hell no

…and here is my 2nd little video: my 1-minute response to the President’s lack of response to the violent video shown to his supporters last week at the Trump Doral Resort in Miami.

Not that I’d expect him to respond, or find it horrifying. It’s just One More Thing.

Some of his supporters’ takes I’ve seen on Twitter:

So what? The President didn't MAKE the video. He didn't post it either.
If we can only judge elected officials by videos and memes they make themselves, that will be a problem. And it was shown at HIS resort. And he has known about it for days. And it depicts KILLING ELECTED OFFICIALS.
So? Kathy Griffin showed Trump's decapitated head.
She is a comedian. It was a single image and was not shown at a Democratic event. She apologized and was crucified for it. And I thought it went way too far.
So? It's just a scene from "Kingsman." You all hate violent movies now You all are just too sensitive.
Pretty sure it's not that. Here's one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies: The Bride defeating The Crazy 88s in "Kill Bill Vol. 1."

If this were altered to show someone murdering Fox News and Breitbart reporters and GOP elected officials, I would still find it offensive.

@widdershins

But I only chose to click on it today. Why? Because I just didn’t have the mental energy for the latest Trump shit before this. I am so damned tired of the latest treason, the latest broken law, the latest blatant defiance of legally issued subpoenas going unpunished.

I hear you. It’s Trump fatigue. Every day for 3 years, it has been “a new low,” “bizarre even by Trump’s standards,” “a constitutional crisis,” “evidence of emotional deconpensation” and “off the rails.” I think if the media could go back in time they would have avoided the hyperbole early on because we are running out of descriptive terms.

The fact that in this one, the Trump character is portrayed as actually killing elected officials Mitt Romney, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Maxine Waters & Bernie Sanders (in addition to the news media) … and … nothing.

How far will he go?

What if the Uma character was depicted as Greta and the masked guys she is carving up, are depicted as exploitive industries and corporations and organizations that are the most offensive climate abusers? Maybe a wee bit funny? I mean it’s not real.

But even if I secretly enjoyed the gruesome parody, I think I would feel obliged, if I were POTUS to condemn it, for the greater good.

Have you seen the letter to Erdogan?

Yeah, no functioning State Dept or any thoughtful person of any sort was involved in constructing that letter. That is all T rump.

He keeps trying to slip in his weak threat of sanctions. But ethnic cleansing is too far along. The Kurds may not be angels, as T rump announces, but if Christianity is true, a lot of them have gone to be with the angels in the last few days. And a lot of the 10 thousand who died fighting ISIS for us are with the angels. And many of the 20 thousand who were injured in fighting ISIS for us are probably on their way to be with the angels also.

This is what happens when there are no handlers left who can stop T rump from being T rump. Shame, betrayal, genocide. But T rump said that the Kurds are safe now. But lest we forget the 10 thousand plus lies, told by this POTUS, I would just like to reiterate that T rump is a liar.

This is the kind of things Republicans think is okay. Depictions of physical violence and murder against people they disagree with, that’s funny, right? Remember when the Bush Jr mask made its way atop a spike in a brief Game of Thrones shot? I seem to remember it not being funny then. Or when COMEDIAN Kathy Griffin faked a single photo where she beheaded Trump? Why, that wasn’t funny at all! She needs to go away!

The entire Republican party, with a few exceptions, is a bunch of whiny little bitches who think they should get their way all the time and cry like little babies when they don’t. It has devolved into a spoiled rich kid teenage girl on a reality TV show version of humanity. They are cruel and petty and angry. They cheat, lie and steal to get what they want and truly do not see that as being an issue. But when ONE brown lady tries to vote because she was confused and thought she was eligible, then we need troops on the border to keep out ALL the brown people because they got cheated!..almost.

Think of every single case of voter/election fraud you have ever heard of besides the very rare in-person voting. Dredge up every memory you have. I bet every one of them was Republican. I remember one lady tasked with counting votes who was filling in votes for Republicans because she was just trying to “make it fair” and balance out all the imaginary voter fraud on the other side. I remember one Republican radio show host who filled out an sent in his ex-wife’s ballot because he was afraid her vote wouldn’t be counted. He was a big voice for election security (making it difficult for the poor and minorities to vote) and the ONLY conviction that year for voter fraud. I remember the special election which JUST happened because the Republican candidate was illegally collecting (and then “losing”) absentee ballots. I remember TWO presidents being elected after losing the popular vote, and one of them got a second term handed to him by his brother when he lost THAT election too. I remember North Carolina’s “black votes don’t matter” redistricting map. I cannot think of ONE case of voter or election fraud involving ANYONE but a Republican. Not all Republicans are bad people. There are a few good “old school” Republicans, and I actually agree with some of their ideas sometimes. But most have a serious double standard. If it had been 2 Democrats who had gotten elected in about a decade and a half after losing the popular vote you can bet there would be a serious push to fix the gerrymandering and get rid of the electoral college.

The entire Republican party, with a few exceptions, is a bunch of whiny little bitches who think they should get their way all the time and cry like little babies when they don’t.
I couldn't get away with saying it, but damned you've hit the crooked nail on the head.

Oh yeah, the rest of the story

Think of every single case of voter/election fraud you have ever heard of besides the very rare in-person voting. Dredge up every memory you have. I bet every one of them was Republican. I remember one lady tasked with counting votes who was filling in votes for Republicans because she was just trying to “make it fair” and balance out all the imaginary voter fraud on the other side. I remember one Republican radio show host who filled out an sent in his ex-wife’s ballot because he was afraid her vote wouldn’t be counted. He was a big voice for election security (making it difficult for the poor and minorities to vote) and the ONLY conviction that year for voter fraud.

Preach on brother Widdershins!

Sorry. Today’s Republicans really get my goat. I remember when they were half way respectable, even if they were in corporate pockets even then. I have mentioned before that I can’t let an inaccuracy lie, even if it’s my own. I simply can’t follow politics closely these days because if I did I would spend every waking hour correcting everything every Republican says. They are the masters of spin and lies and it would literally drive me nuts if I followed it too closely.

Seems to me that in the past, deception was more of an art than a lot of it is today. Now deception can often be without subtlety at all. It can just be brute crushing of a truth or an opposing message, without regard or value for truth itself, followed by repetition after repetition until the replacement lie becomes accepted as the truth.